I can Dukan - ninja's diary

Duane? Who's he? DUKAN...

No I hadn't considered it. Thanks for that...Mmmm I might well try that...wanders off to find the book....back later with an update!

Ok so dukan stage three is:

As pv but with one piece of fruit a day (not bananas grapes or cherries)
2 slices wholemeal bread a day
One serving of cheese per day (40g)
2 servings of starchy carbs per week eg potato or pasta or rice 25
2 celebration meals per week
One pure protein day a week
2 tbsp oatbran

To continue to lose weight I could do this... I could have a galette or yoghurt with oatbran for breakfast, one of my servings of starchy carbs for lunch if running (I'm not a fan of bread so may substitute for another starchy carb). I could also do 2 protein days a week instead of one on non running days to boost weight loss.

I'm going to have to think about this....

To simplify it further, I'm basically saying cruise but on pv days allow a serving of starchy carbs at lunch and a piece of fruit before I run....

Very sorry to all the dukan purists I've just alienated....:/

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Okay so my new version of dukan goes like this...
Cruise - alternating pp / pv days, where if I feel the need (am running), I can turn my pv into a "pv plus" and can add 225g starchy carb at lunch, plus a pre run piece of fruit (not including bananas, cherries and the other one Dr dukan didn't like)

I'm making tomorrow a pp day coz I cheated today and I'm not running tomorrow after today's efforts...

So today...off the wagon...and didn't eat enough protein early on...i didn't have any ready in the fridge and didn't get up early enough to cook some for lunch :(

Ex -AM 3 mile run
PM 4 mile run

B - soya latte
S - 30g porridge
L - 30g porridge, skinless chicken thigh
S - small cupcake (whoops!) But followed straight away by a run!
T - 2 chicken breasts in a sauce made with thai seasoning and ff fromage frais, broccoli, onion & brown rice

So not a terrible day but carb heavy...must be more prepared...

Plan for tomorrow

Fri 16th May - PP

B - oat bran galette, skinny latte
L - turkey wrapped "scotch" eggs
S - smoked salmon
T - thai beef soup (from the dukan everyday easy cookbook), 0% Greek yoghurt & sweetener

I'm really glad to read that you're hanging around. He recommends a Conso type approach for ladies who are breastfeeding, and even people on their holidays, so you might find it works well for you. The bread isn't meant to be two slices of supermarket type - over here at least he suggests a bread shop brown, and two slices are tiny but pretty dense and tasty... I know that bakeries are almost extinct in England these days (awwhhh...) but at least try to buy a decent brown. I used to cut up and freeze to ensure I didn't go over my allowance.

Another thing to maybe try is some konjac noodles/rice. OK they're not "real carbs" but they certainly kid my eyes/brain into thinking I've had some!! Holland & Barrett/Superdruge would be your friends for Slimrice type stuff or order online. I get mine in a Japanese speciality food shop (but do they exist in England?!!).

Over and out... work looms. And a 5km fast walk to get there. Do you have a fitbit? You might also find it interesting to input your food intake into My Fitness Pal. You strike me as someone who might, like me, enjoy the numbers stuff!

x

Thank you, and for the advice :) my period arrived this morning which may also help explain the carb cravings.

I do actually have a fit bit and you're right, I love the numbers. I stopped using it a while back because I was never below 10000 (I'm a chemistry teacher so am wandering around my lab / school all day) think I might dig it out again anyway just for a laugh...

You're also right that I don't mind proper bread....i used to eat cranks organic wholemeal from waitrose so I might pit that back it.

I do want to stick around because I feel great on the diet in general, it just stops me wanting to run. But this will help :)

I still have 2 and a half stone to lose, so im going to try an adapted cruise, allowing myself 1 fruit and 2 breads when I run, and otherwise alternate pv / pp. If this doesn't work ill try full consolidation.

Thank you so much again, I could hug you for all your wonderful help!

Update on this week

Mon - (12.12.5) attack 1/6; T25 cardio DONE :)
Tues - (12.8.5). attack 2/6; 2.7 mile run DONE :)
Wed - (12.6.5) attack, rest day
Thurs - (12.6.5) carb heavy day, around 1300 cals, 7 miles run (2 separate runs)
Fri - (12.4.5) pp; abs; arms; legs
Sat - pv plus; run
Sun - pp; rest

So I only did a 3 day attack but lost 6lbs....Yay!

Back