Cruise PV Sibbi's Dukan Diary

12th May - Day 10 - PP
No WI

Did not stick to plan. Was OK until evening but while I made good choices at dinner (seared tuna, followed by cod with asparagus) I also ate a bread roll ( at least it was just 1!) and had a glass of red wine..... Then another glass of red wine with cheese after dinner. Cheese and red wine are my enemies on this diet!!! Also did not have my Dukan muffin yesterday. Going for a clean PP day today and hoping that last night will not have cancelled out 4 good days.

Plan for tomorrow PP:
B - total zero
L - 2 skinless chicken breasts
D - Steak

Last edited:
13th May - D11 - PV

Ok day today but just realised I forgot my Dukan muffin. Too tired to go downstairs now, and not hungry anyway

Tomorrows meal plan
Brunch- Dukan pancake with herbs and scrambled eggs
Dinner- Salmon with green beans
Snacks- total zero

Last edited:
14th May - Day 12 - PV
123lbs (-0.4 lb)

Had been hoping to be a little bit lower- but I'll take that. On plan today but did not drink enough. Tomorrow will be another PV:

Brunch- Dukan galette with tomatoes
Dinner- Sunday roast = roast chicken, cabbage, carrots
Snack- total zero yogurt

Last edited:
15th May Day 13 PP
122.2 lbs (-0.8 lb)

Today went well (though there is still time .... ). I have been thinking a lot though about some changes I am going to make.

First I am "cheating" quite a lot and can see that this slows down my weight loss, but I have decided that that is OK. First time I did Dukan I was very strict, and it did work, but only because I stayed away from all social occasions for 3 months. This time I don't have so much to loose but I don't want to give up my life while I am on it so have come to terms with slower loss. My new target is 1lb a week. Will take longer but he ho ..... I will however plan my cheats to prevent it spiralling.

I am also going to mainly do PV. I don't find PP days particularly difficult but I don't think they are healthy and so I will limit to one or two a week.

I am going to "allow" bran flakes for breakfast- not every day- but 2 or 3 days a week. Part of the motivation is that I don't have much breakfast inspiration and end up eating too many eggs.

So my cruise is going to look like something half way between cruise and consolidation. Will do it for a few weeks and reassess ....

Tomorrow will be PP:
Breakfast- Bran flakes with low fat natural yogurt
Lunch - turkey steaks dry fried with herbs
Dinner - steak dry fried with Chinese 5 spices
Snack- dukan muffin

Last edited:
16th May Day 14 PP
121.2 lbs (-1.0 lb)

Really pleased to see 121 on the scales today- just hope it sticks for my official weigh in tomorrow. Today was exactly on plan so fingers crossed .....

Tomorrow will be another PP (possibly with extras!):
Lunch - turkey pieces dry fried with herbs
Dinner - roast chicken (left over from Sunday roast)
Snack- dukan muffin

I am out at the theatre tomorrow night and might have a glass or 2 of wine- will see how I feel- if not too bothered I will stick to water- if I really feel like I am missing out I will have a (small) glass or perhaps a g&t.

17th May Day 15 PP
121.6 lbs (+0.4 lb)

Not fair- no reason that I can see for the increase, but still a decrease for the week.

Food on plan until the evening, but then 3 glasses of wine + some nuts, not terrible, but not great either.

Tomorrow will be PV:
Lunch - turkey pieces dry fried with herbs + salad
Dinner - chicken chow mein (Dukan friendly, no noodles)
Snack- dukan muffin

Last edited:
18th May Day 16 PP
121.6 lbs (STS)

I had planned on doing PV today, but it was a long day at work and my OH is out tonight and I am not particularly hungry, so I ended up doing PP.
Lunch - turkey pieces dry fried with herbs
Dinner - Dukan muffin + total zero yogurt
Not sure I ate enough today but really not hungry ...

Tomorrow will be PV:
Lunch - steak dry fried with chinese spices + salad
Dinner - chicken chow mein (Dukan friendly, no noodles)
Snack- Dukan muffin + total zero

19th May Day 17 PV
121.2 lbs (-0.4lbs)

slowly but in the right direction ....

food on track today, but even though the chicken chow mein was without noodles it was not quite dukan friendly- veg was sautéed in butter and the sauce was made with corn flour and soy sauce, still not too bad, and it felt like a treat and all my PP days

Tomorrow will be another PV:
Lunch - salmon salad
Dinner - steak and green salad & tomatoes

20th May Day 18 PV
122.2 lbs (+1lbs)

Well I did not deserve that!!! Suspect it might be water retention due to soya sauce?

Today food on plan, except with addition of 3 glasses of red wine and 3 oat crackers with cheddar- I enjoyed every sip/crumb so no regrets.

Tomorrow I am out all day at a Christening, so don't have a food plan (which is not a good plan). Will just try to be restrained.

The body does as it does, sometimes people have a 1lb gain even on 100% of VLCD's so, it's not always predictable. Maybe the salt in the soya sauce did make you retain some water. At the end of the day you are losing fat because you're following the plan, you know it works! :)

I hope the Christening was good and everything went well :)

21st & 22nd May days 19 & 20
Will not even bother noting what I have eaten this weekend, suffice to say it was way off plan. Was generally healthy though and I did not over eat so could have been a lot worse. Will do a PP tomorrow to get me back on track.

Plan for tomorrow- PP
B- bran flakes and yogurt
L- turkey dry fried with herbs
D- omelette
S- dukan muffin + total zero

Last edited:
23rd May Day 21PP
122.6 lbs (+0.4lbs)

No surprise there .....

Quite good day today, food more or less on plan but I did have some salad in the evening- egg, ham + small salad instead of the omelette originally planned. Hoping that I will at least get a STS tomorrow which means I need a 1 lb down tomorrow morning- given that I was on track today not impossible.

Tomorrow I will aim for another PP
Lunch - chicken tikka
Dinner - salmon dry fried

Also, starting from tomorrow I am going to pay more attention to exercise- even if it is just getting an extra walk in. Found my fitbit at the back of a drawer and will be wearing it again starting tomorrow. I normally do between 7,000 and 10,000 steps a day before any planned exercise. My aim for this week is to hit 15,000 every day.

24rd May Day 22 PP
121.4 lbs (-1.2 lbs)

(Tiny) loss for the week, but very happy with that .....

Good day today, food on track and feeling very positive for the week. I don't have any planned social occasions that will derail me. Aiming to be strict, adding some additional walking and hoping to get to 120 by next week.

Tomorrow will be PV
Lunch - chicken and cherry tomatoes
Dinner - meat or fish (not sure yet) with broccoli

Last edited:
Well done! :) Any loss is still a good achievement, remember, on any diet - even 1lb counts for a lot - we were always shown a picture of what 1lb of fat looks like and then it doesn't seem to small anymore. :D

25th May Day 23 PP
121.2 lbs (-0.2 lbs)

Happy with my weight this morning- shows that 2 days on plan cancels out 2 days of eat what I want (within reason) .....

Have not been feeling well today (sore throat, headache) and have not eaten enough. Only had chicken (not the planned tomatoes) and a very small piece of fish. Already tucked up in bed with a herbal tea. Will do PV tomorrow. Plan is:

Lunch - turkey dry fried with cherry tomatoes
Dinner - Chinese 5 spice steak with broccoli

Last edited:
Well done! :) Any loss is still a good achievement, remember, on any diet - even 1lb counts for a lot - we were always shown a picture of what 1lb of fat looks like and then it doesn't seem to small anymore. :D

Thanks ... you are right ... a loss is a loss - even a tiny one (it was 0.2lb for the week!) but since last week was more cheat days than on plan days I am OK with that.

26th May Day 24 PV
120.4 lbs (-0.8 lbs)

Scales showed a good loss this morning- not surprising how little I ate yesterday. Still not feeling great, but did manage to eat a bit more today. Everything I had planned to eat except for the total zero. Will do half PP and half PV tomorrow. Plan is:

Lunch - salmon and tuna sashimi
Dinner - Fillet steak & salad (with a glass of red wine? Maybe ...)

27th May Day 25 PV
120.4 lbs (STS)

Not exactly on plan today- OK until the evening then I had Japanese gyozas instead of steak and salad followed by cheese and oat crackers and 2 glasses of red wine. Don't know why I find it so difficult to stick to plan at the weekend?

Tomorrow PP until evening but probably PV dinner:
Lunch - dukan pancake and scrambled egg
Dinner - Fillet steak & salad

Back