Iaimtobethin DUKAN DIARIES

iaimtobethin

Silver Member
Dukan Dinner 20.6.12.jpgDukan Breakfast 20.6.12.jpgDukan Lunch 20.6.12.jpg
Hello there Dukan Diary.

Decided to give Dukan ago. Have tried most diets and failed em all. Am almost 16 stone and a big eater. Bought thr starter book yesterday, not finished it, still reading and have the basics to get started - including having spent £25 on meat, fish and LF yogurts at asda this morning. So here gos.........................

I find it really strange and hard knowing that i wont be eating fruit and veggies for a fair few days ??

Wednesday 20 June 2012 - Day 1 Dukan Attack

Breakfast

Scambled egg with smoked salmon and bacon (on further reading i noticed afterwards that bacon is banned - DOH!)

Lunch
Steak slices and turkey rashers (wierd combo??)

Currently cooking a whole chicken and a gammon joint, mmmmmm

Dinner
Chicken, gammon, salmon fillet. cottage cheese

Snacks
Gonna make a sweet oat bran pancake, Oken Fat free vanilla yogurt.

Last edited:
Hi and good luck!! Yes you can have sugar free jelly, some of us use 1/4pt less cold water and add yog, whisk it in and stick in fridge, it makes a lovely mousse like pudding!

Hi and good luck!! Yes you can have sugar free jelly, some of us use 1/4pt less cold water and add yog, whisk it in and stick in fridge, it makes a lovely mousse like pudding!

Aah Thanks. I'm a greedy moo and usually have a sachet per serving. Might split it. Just need to comfort that sweet tooth of mine.

Is mint sauce free?

x

Yep recognise those plates, looked like mine when I was on attack, less the bacon! Welcome to Dukan and good luck. I have similar stats to yours, same height, I started a lb more than you. Did 10days attack and lost 7lbs. My target is lower rthan yours by a stone and I hope to hit target by xmas.
Here is to a sucessful Dukan journey! ;)

Hi and good luck your gonna love it ....diaries look great apart from I don't think your allowed gammon as well as bacon :(

Good luck on the Dukaning! I started recently too and no fruit or veg was a very weird experience for me!

Julie x

Morning All!

Thanks for all your kind words and advice on my new journey. Once again, minimins is overwhelming in support - your great!

Things i have learnt from day 1 Dukan Attack.............

* No PORK!!! waaaah! The gammon was beaut.

Well yesterday morning i weighed in at 15.11. This morning 15.9! I havent been 15.9 since Christmas, so am well chuffed despite the hiccup with the pork. I have been faffing around between 16.1 and 15.10 for about 4 months, so 15.9 is a good sign that this just might work for me?? I am actually stunned that i managed to complete a whole day on a new diet but did find it strange, come kids bed time that i was unable to hit the fruit bowl :-(.

Dropped the girls off at school and am ignoring all chores whilst i read more of the Dukan Book. Wish he'd just get to the part of what i need to eat and when, im a dreadful skipper when reading. Hope my recipie book comes today too.

Onwards and upwards, Day 2 here i come!

Thursday 21 June 2012 - Day 2 Dukan Attack

Marinading chicken in natural yogurt and curry spices for this evenings dinner.

Breakfast
Salmon Fillet, boiled eggs
Onken FF natural Yogurt (think i'm gonna be addicted to the vanilla one shortly)

Lunch
Steak strips, turkey rashers, piri piri seasoning (i want onion with this!!!)

Dinner
Chicken marinading in curry spices. Cottage cheese (nom nom nom!)

Evening snacks
Oat bran pancake (must remember to put sweetener in it this time - doh!)
Natural yogurt and any meat i can lay my hands on.

Last edited:
Yep recognise those plates, looked like mine when I was on attack, less the bacon! Welcome to Dukan and good luck. I have similar stats to yours, same height, I started a lb more than you. Did 10days attack and lost 7lbs. My target is lower rthan yours by a stone and I hope to hit target by xmas.
Here is to a sucessful Dukan journey! ;)

Wow! 10 days on attack? Does it just become automatic with the meat - 100 ways to eat and season meat and fish? Struggling for ideas at mo - dont wanna get stuck in a rut too early?

Welcome aboard the Dukan train #ChooChoo lol!

Wow! 10 days on attack? Does it just become automatic with the meat - 100 ways to eat and season meat and fish? Struggling for ideas at mo - dont wanna get stuck in a rut too early?
I did eat a lot of the same things in the beginning, and then gradually started experimenting. By the end of my planned 3 or 4 days of Attack, I ended up extending for a few days because it got to be second nature. Now I try a few new dishes every week, but make sure I have a few quick standbys in the fridge. There are soooooo many ideas out there.

Keep reading the book, though. Lots of great tips and reasons WHY you should follow the rules. And good luck!

Well done on starting! Just a quick note: Onken Vanilla is a no-no I'm afraid, it contains SUGAR.... I fell into that same trap when I started, but with Activia Vanilla... Now I stick to plain and sweeten it myself plus add a few drops of vanilla flavouring (yes, STILL do that).

Good luck!

Well done on starting! Just a quick note: Onken Vanilla is a no-no I'm afraid, it contains SUGAR.... I fell into that same trap when I started, but with Activia Vanilla... Now I stick to plain and sweeten it myself plus add a few drops of vanilla flavouring (yes, STILL do that).

Good luck!

Nooooooo. Darn it. Tbh I thought it was too good to be true

X

Yep I did 10 days hoping to lose more than 7lbs but it was TOTM so 7 was good, weighing in tomorrow so fingers crossed I get a good loss. Its my second weigh in and people are already commenting. I got a cat whistle yesterday when I went for my morning walk! Rude or whatever someone noticed there was a woman about!!

I kinda of kept it simple really on attack, oatbran porridge made with water then add vanilla yogurt or sweet muffins, chicken/ham/salmon/eggs (scramled, boiled or quiche) and cottage cheese.
I set myself mini goals and the first was to do a 10 day attack so I focussed on that something like telling myself I am on a diet for 10days then I can eat! so I used to go 9 more sleeps, 8 more sleeps...... then I got there! Now my focus is a stone by 11th July so my head knows I am on a diet til 11 July and I want to lose a stone by then! I find my brain accomodates this more rather than I want to lose 5st by December!!

We will get there!
x

agree 100% with the mini goals, and setting yourself targets in stages. that's why i'm not too concerned about cutting out real cheese, chocolate, pastries, etc. because i know i'll be able to have them later - if i even want to by then. i can just tell myself to focus on getting to the next phase and then see what happens. congrats on making your first milestone, eccab!

Yep I did 10 days hoping to lose more than 7lbs but it was TOTM so 7 was good, weighing in tomorrow so fingers crossed I get a good loss. Its my second weigh in and people are already commenting. I got a cat whistle yesterday when I went for my morning walk! Rude or whatever someone noticed there was a woman about!!

I kinda of kept it simple really on attack, oatbran porridge made with water then add vanilla yogurt or sweet muffins, chicken/ham/salmon/eggs (scramled, boiled or quiche) and cottage cheese.
I set myself mini goals and the first was to do a 10 day attack so I focussed on that something like telling myself I am on a diet for 10days then I can eat! so I used to go 9 more sleeps, 8 more sleeps...... then I got there! Now my focus is a stone by 11th July so my head knows I am on a diet til 11 July and I want to lose a stone by then! I find my brain accomodates this more rather than I want to lose 5st by December!!

We will get there!
x

Hiya, thanks, what an excellent way of thinking about it! And i forgot all about the cottage cheese quiches - a favourite doing slimming world. So good in fact i made one last night for today and its sooo yummy. Amazing ideas on this forum, thank u all so much.xx

agree 100% with the mini goals, and setting yourself targets in stages. that's why i'm not too concerned about cutting out real cheese, chocolate, pastries, etc. because i know i'll be able to have them later - if i even want to by then. i can just tell myself to focus on getting to the next phase and then see what happens. congrats on making your first milestone, eccab!

This place is great - i am conversing with people in the uk, france and china! Together we unite!.xx

DUKAN Quiche 22.6.12.jpgDukan Koftas 22.6.12.jpg

Wow, the ideas and support coming through from everyone is outstanding - Thank u so much.

Ive completed day 2 and actually its not been as bad as i thought it would be. My body feels like its going through early stages of pregnancy though - peeing 4 times a night and constipation?????

I read for a good couple of hours yesterday and read that i could have onions on attack - wow onions!!! All new food ideas are coming to me - yay. Flavoured yogurts are allowed, but i think i will go easy on these as 12g sugar per 100g is a hell of a lot. Maybe 1 portion every other day rather than 2 portions a day. Will stick to natural fat free yogurts. Cottage cheese seems to be coming out my ear too - never really liked the stuff before but now its easily tolerated.

21.6.12 weigh in 15.9
22.6.12 Weigh in 15.6!! Where did that 3 pounds go??

Armed with ideas from Paulinegin, i have made turkey koftas for today. and Ecabb77's idea of quiche i made a salmon and smoked cobbler one (oh man how can this be diet food it was lush). I need to look into sauces and would like to smother koftas in ketchup but not allowed.

Have purchased muffins and cookies for girls friday treat and i can honestly say at this moment in time just the thought of smelling them is repulsive to me.

Onwards and upwards, day 3 here i come.

Friday 22 June 2012 - Dukan Day 3 Attack

Marinading chicken in natural yogurt and tandori seasoning for dinner
Made some Spicy Burgers with garlic and piri piri seasoning

Breakfast

Salmon and cobbler quiche
cottage cheese and 2 eggs, pepper to season

Lunch
Spicy Burgers with garlic and piri piri seasoning
Stir fryed turkey koftas with ONION! and left over chicken & cajun Spice.

Dinner
Tandori chicken bites (yuk, over cooked and dry gave me hiccups!)
Cottage cheese

Evening snacks
water, stirfy koftas, ONION. chicken, cajun spice

Attachments

• DUKAN Spicy Burgers 22.6.12.jpg
    DUKAN Spicy Burgers 22.6.12.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Back