IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Jo - naughty girl and ive been good all weekend too (apart from the alcohol)

I've not been naughty... (too negative)... I've not binged (credit me!).

Since it's the constant deprivation which sends people like me into binge eating compulsively, I'm to credit myself with the positive and not dwell too much on the negative...

Sound daft?

Your drinking has never adversely affected your weight, leastwise not by weigh in day, so you should be ok with that moving forward...! (I've even told some people on the French diet site about the English vodka solution!!)

No i agree Jo. Were the sausages good?

Ours were... the butcher bought herb ones I didn't think had any taste whatsoever... when asked, I politely made the right noises but when pushed, I admitted my thoughts and everyone agreed! As they used a "proper" barbecue, they were a little cremated!! haaaaa! (Our gas bottle cheat's one makes barbecuing soooo easy!!)

Mmm sausages :) looking forward to some nice bratwurst :D

I'm posting this info here, because I didn't know where else to post it, but I'm a little disturbed to see on the French site the number of people (previously disappeared) returning with HUGE weight regains... Today I saw someone return with 28lbs regained since entering Conso four months ago.

OK it happens... but this isn't the first...

Hence I shall continue to urge all not to cut down toooo much on the old calories, much as it's tempting to lose weight faster or if you're not hungry, because in Consolidation/Stabilisation, out of ketosis, any sudden hike in calories could be tough...

wow thats a lot!
My brain ( i think) has geared itself into the fact that I must do healthy eating. A treat meal is ok but now i have so many low fat recipes (marinades!) ill always keep eating them!

Absolutely - that's one good thing already...

But it's true that, with the number of people restarting, again and again the question of "too low caloried menus" is being raised, and people are encouraged to NOT drop the calories too much. Just having red meat once a day helps increase it while still obeying the rules...

If you calculate the calories of your typical PP day, Vicky, where are you? (oh and the French suggest that the oatbran doesn't count as it's indigestible and therefore not "kept"!)

I am worried about the calorie thing even whilst on cruise, I've a long way to go and keeping thinking of how hard it was in WW to drop the points down lower each weight zone.

Started eating meat again (rather than sticking to fish and quorn/soy stuff) for this once I started adding up the cals. It is hard though, with low fat/low carb theres no easy boost food, especially when watching the egg yolk intake. Any tips?

Not vicky but my cals are usually between 8-1200 with a low of 700 and a high of 1450 over the past 30 days.

My cals on PP days are around 1100 same on PV (veg doesnt count much lol)
Ill keep logging my food no matter what on myfitnesspal. that means I can keep track of what and how im doing.

that's great (except for the days under 1,000 Jacs). Try without the oatbran, vicky... I'm surprised yours is as high as that, to be honest.

Anyway, I've raised the subject... so won't linger on it.

Jacqs - I wouldn't worry unduly at this stage, it's near the approach of Conso that I think perhaps it might become more of an issue.

I find my quiches add calories as I put plenty of protein in them!

I worry as I'm eating this low now and have 90lbs to go, in 20, 50, 80lbs time will I keep losing without having to go lower.
In my head I know the lowcarb thing isnt about calories but it is hard to believe in this diets case that the loses are not solely due to it also being low calorie. Compared with Atkins/CAD/etc.

I think you have weight watchers head on. ;)

Absolutely... the regain after Atkins is just as brusque and cruel if one doesn't follow through the other phase properly afterwards... and/or goes back to previous habits.

One girl on my French site used to eat a whole chicken each day... and lost weight... so it's not calorie oriented at all... just something to keep an eye on as one approaches Conso and will then be increasing calories suddenly...

hey honey - arent you doing your diary? hows things going?

Hello there ladies, and kind of you to enquire...

All is ticking along nicely(ish) and I'm concentrating on damage limitation with an eye on my holiday in 10 days' time!

At the moment, what I'm doing is a couple of PP days, some PVs with fruit, a couple of more normal days (no starch) with a couple of planned treats for end of day Sunday. Somehow this end of Sunday treat plan seems so far to have helped, because I'm seemingly content (resigned?) to wait for them, and then the day is done and it's Monday!

With 30km walked last week, I came out almost even... this week? I'm still concentrating on only weighing myself twice a week, so tomorrow's first weigh in. While my head's in tip top shape, weighing myself can mess me up if I don't see what I want/think I ought to (and I think the +200g gain only last Friday was generous so mightn't tomorrow see what I want!!).

On the head stuff and the book, I've not even opened it since my binge 2 weeks ago... figured it had churned things up again... so kept away...

I do feel that by intentionally coming out of ketosis and staying out (and not allowing myself the "easy solution" of popping back in each Monday), the "pressure" seems to have dropped... and if this is my stabilisable weight, so be it.

It's the binge eating I need to find a way out of. If the head's not sorted, stabilisation won't happen... for me at least.

yeh jo that is a positive post !! and if we are not thinking straight the mind gets blurred and confused !!

Back