If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Thank you Susie xx

It's been an up and down week. I've been able to have some good healthy dinners and also during the day has been fine. It seems to be after dinner when I've a had a few wines I end up having a binge on whatever I can find. This week I'm not going to worry too much about food, instead I need to focus on drastically reducing my alcohol intake.

I might look into online groups. Another place to chat, as well as here, could be useful for me.

Hi both!

Susie, that could be fun one day! I'm a bit of an awkward turtle though :)

Denn!! Lovely to see you back on here!!

I've had an up and down couple of weeks. Just under 2 weeks ago I was told that me and 2 colleagues could go back to the office to get started on some work that we are 2 months behind on starting. That triggered a few days of severe anxiety and mood swings. As usual, I had nothing to worry about. I've now had 3 days in the office, on going I'll be in Tues, Wed and Saturday, then continuing to work from home Mon, Thurs and Friday. I now get to actually talk to people face to face, it's been lovely after not seeing anyone I know for 2.5 months of being alone at home.

Food has been rubbish! But, there has been less wine which is a positive. This week is another new week, and another week of trying to make good choices. I think being back in the office is going to help my mental health a lot, so hopefully things will get easier.

I'm so pleased that work went well for you, El, and I'm positive it will will help with making really good food choices - planning is always the key :).

@Elanor glad work was ok 😊 definitely good after being isolated for a while - don’t think we realise how much we miss human contact!
I’m hoping to be back at work in 2 weeks - will have had 4 months off work😳

Before lockdown, I was the sort of person who loves being at home avoiding people. Now, I realise that I do need a degree of human contact with people that I get on well with. I've been much happier the last few days.

Food today could be better, but could be worse. Tried a porridge sachet thing for brekkie, didn't like it, so had 2 slices of white bread and butter. Lunch was 2 southern fried style quorn burgers which were good. Dinner is currently cooking. I've got courgette, red onion, red pepper and baby potatoes in the oven, going to have it with some grilled halloumi.

Food sounds lovely.

Know what you mean about privacy, I was like that in London b ut one thing I've learned about myself since moving away is that I do need some human interaction to balance me out :).

Food sounds lovely.

Know what you mean about privacy, I was like that in London b ut one thing I've learned about myself since moving away is that I do need some human interaction to balance me out :).

Lovely way of putting it. I think needing other people to balance me out is exactly it.

Dinner was amazing!! I lovely halloumi, and with the roasted veg it was perfect!!

Hi welcome back Elanor, reading your posts its like you are my sister. Great plans, have good day and then as soon as a sniff of wine reaches me all promises go out the window. And food plans go haywire. It was normally only weekends were bad but now im working from home its like every night can be party night it we want.
Stay strong, stay focussed and glad you have discovered you enjoyed going back to the workplace. I never want to go back.

I love halloumi. I like to pan fry it. I once had it fajita style, that was so good!!

Haha Tipp! Wine is my weakness! I really need to cut down, my consumption is far too high!

I've had an up and down week. My mental health hasn't been great this week, I'm blaming hormones!! I ordered fish and chips last night, for some reason it did not agree with me, felt awful last night and most of today. Feel better now.

Tomorrow is fresh start number 2465. I have 0% yogurt and strawberries for brekkie, roast chicken, veg and a baked potato for dinner, not sure on lunch. Less wine....maybe 😂

I had halloumi today for lunch, fried in the pan with baby courgettes and thrown on top of sslad leaves and drizzled with basil and garlic oil.

How are you feeling today El? All better i hope.

I find i just can't trust myself with wine, one glass leads to several! so, got none in the house and had none for two weeks, going to stay on the wagon until Xmas.

I had halloumi today for lunch, fried in the pan with baby courgettes and thrown on top of sslad leaves and drizzled with basil and garlic oil.

That sounds amazing!! I'm going to have to try that.

How are you feeling today El? All better i hope.

I find i just can't trust myself with wine, one glass leads to several! so, got none in the house and had none for two weeks, going to stay on the wagon until Xmas.

Feeling ok today :)

I really shouldn't buy the stuff. I keep finding excuses to buy a bottle or 3 when I go shopping. It's something I need to work on.

Today has been ok food-wise so far:

B - Strawberries and 0% natural yogurt with vanilla protein powder mixed with the yogurt, yummy!!
L - x2 slices of toast one with tinned mackerel in spicy tomato sauce, the other with a fried egg.

Dinner is still going to be chicken with veg and a baked potato. I've had 2 coffees, will be drinking chamomile for the rest of the day.

Evening all :)

Weather's got hot again! I'm sweltering! I know lots of people love it, but give me a cool crisp Autumn day any day of the week!

Food yesterday was ok. Dinner was pasta and cheese, I didn't feel like cooking much. Breakfast was 0% natural yogurt and strawberries, lunch was a chicken sandwich. Then had rather a lot of a chocolate brownie traybake!! I decided it was my duty to support a small online brownie business and place an order! I've got a peanut butter swirl one and it's amazing!!!!! Also, only drank half a bottle of wine, which is good for me.

Today has been a better day. Only had one piece of brownie and the rest of the wine.

B - None today, just a coffee
L - Prawn mayo sandwich. Half a ham and egg mayo baguette. (I couldn't decide in Sainsbury's)
D - Chicken (marinated in lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and Chinese five spice) with stir fry veg.

Snack - small bag of mini cheddars.

Fluid intake has been good today, was also good yesterday. I've got some pear and elderflower cordial which is lovely!

Oooh love the sound of the brownie - and good on you for making the sacrifice to support a local business :D :D.

I was desperate for cake today, must have been channelling you! LOL x

Back