I'm back in the room!! Again! ....78lbs to go!!

Day 5

Breakfast - 200ml skimmed milk, 50g oats (255)
Snack - banana (100)
Lunch - Bread roll, Ham, salad, coleslaw (300)
Snack - crisps (100)
Dinner - Chicken fajitas, rice and salad, dip (500)
Snack - highlights hot chocolate and chocolate digestive (120)

Total calories - 1375, a little more than usual but all this walking is making me hungry!!

Coffee x 2, tea x 1, water 1.5l, diet cola x 2 glasses.

Exercise - Another lovely long walk along the beach today, 2hs+

I can't wait for my weigh in on Monday which is the day I come home from our holiday :) x

Last edited:
Hello Sarah I remember you from the Cambridge forum. I've swapped back over to calorie counting /5:2 plan. Good luck

I love weigh ins too - was really tempted to weigh this morning rather than waiting until my official weigh in tomorrow. Good luck for Monday! :) Hope you are having a great weekend x

Hello Sarah I remember you from the Cambridge forum. I've swapped back over to calorie counting /5:2 plan. Good luck

Hi Honey J,

I remember you too!! :) yes I thought I'd stick with what I know I can follow long term and back to good old fashioned calorie counting :) Iv restarted after being unwell so I'm approaching my first weigh in on Monday, I can't wait :) thank you for your good luck wishes :)

How have you been? xx

Last edited:
I love weigh ins too - was really tempted to weigh this morning rather than waiting until my official weigh in tomorrow. Good luck for Monday! :) Hope you are having a great weekend x

If I was at home I think id of hoped on the scale by now too lol it's hard not to!! But il ow we shouldn't lol

It's been a brilliant weekend so far, il miss the seaside walks when I get home :(

I hope you are doing well too? Can't wait to see your progress tmrw, good luck!! :) xx

Day 6

Breakfast - 200ml skimmed milk, 50g oats (255)
Snack - Biscuits (200)
Lunch - Sandwich with salad, coleslaw and low fat cheese (311)
Snack - Crisps (90)
Dinner - Home made spaghetti bolognaise with 1 slice garlic bread (348)
Snack - Highlights hot chocolate and 25g sweet popcorn (165)

Total calories 1369

Drinks - 2 x coffee, 2 x tea, 1.5l water and 2 glasses of diet soft drinks.

Exercise - 1 hour walk x 2 :)

Having a fab time on holiday, still staying on plan but have allowed a few more calories but still much less than I would have if I wasn't on plan. I have even brought my kitchen scales with me to weigh things accurately :) Iv found it easy to stay on plan by doing all my own meals and not eating out like I would usually do on holidays!!

I hope you are all having a great wknd too and doing well on your plan :) xxx

Last edited:
Hi Honey J,

I remember you too!! :) yes I thought I'd stick with what I know I can follow long term and back to good old fashioned calorie counting :) Iv restarted after being unwell so I'm approaching my first weigh in on Monday, I can't wait :) thank you for your good luck wishes :)

How have you been? xx
I started dong the 5:2 the weightloss was steady then last week Sunday I went back to Cambridge :eek: lost a few pounds that I gained suppose it was water weight as you know, and now Im fed up as the scales haven't moved. So I'm back CCing / 5:2 I just need to keep clear of vLCd now as I'm dabbling with it and not getting anywhere fast!!!
I am going to stick with it now.

Hope your feeling better and good luck with Monday's weigh in. :D X

I started dong the 5:2 the weightloss was steady then last week Sunday I went back to Cambridge :eek: lost a few pounds that I gained suppose it was water weight as you know, and now Im fed up as the scales haven't moved. So I'm back CCing / 5:2 I just need to keep clear of vLCd now as I'm dabbling with it and not getting anywhere fast!!!
I am going to stick with it now.

Hope your feeling better and good luck with Monday's weigh in. :D X

I can really relate to that. I think we all do it at some point, get stuck in a diet rut of hopping from one to another and back. I know I have done it so many times, and like you say, getting no where fast!! So I drew a line under it all, re focussed and now I'm sticking with CCing until the end!! It's never going to be easy but I find it easier to follow and stick to than any other plan. You will do it hunnie :) xx

I can really relate to that. I think we all do it at some point, get stuck in a diet rut of hopping from one to another and back. I know I have done it so many times, and like you say, getting no where fast!! So I drew a line under it all, re focussed and now I'm sticking with CCing until the end!! It's never going to be easy but I find it easier to follow and stick to than any other plan. You will do it hunnie :) xx
Thanks for understanding Sarah. I'm going to stay in control.... Let's do this xx

Thanks for understanding Sarah. I'm going to stay in control.... Let's do this xx

You can do it!! Iv no doubt you can..... You already are :) xx

Day 7 :)

As its Sunday and Im on holiday, I cooked a full English breakfast just as I always do on a Sunday when on holiday, but I was still calorie aware and my days intake goes like this.......

Breakfast/Lunch - Hash brown, 2 x bacon, plum tomato, baked beans, fresh mushrooms, 1 x egg, 1x slice bread, 1 tsp low fat spread (575)
Snack - Banana and packet of crisp (240)
Dinner - 2 x Fish cakes, peas, carrots and new potatoes (359)
Snack - Apple and Low fat yogurt (160) Highlights hot choc (40)
200ml Skimmed milk for the day - (70)

Total calories for the day is 1444.....more than I wanted but it is the last day of my holiday :) xxx

Day 7 :)

As its Sunday and Im on holiday, I cooked a full English breakfast just as I always do on a Sunday when on holiday, but I was still calorie aware and my days intake goes like this.......

Breakfast/Lunch - Hash brown, 2 x bacon, plum tomato, baked beans, fresh mushrooms, 1 x egg, 1x slice bread, 1 tsp low fat spread (575)
Snack - Banana and packet of crisp (240)
Dinner - 2 x Fish cakes, peas, carrots and new potatoes (359)
Snack - Apple and Low fat yogurt (160) Highlights hot choc (40)
200ml Skimmed milk for the day - (70)

Total calories for the day is 1444.....more than I wanted but it is the last day of my holiday :) xxx

Sounds good. Well done & good luck with weigh in tomorrow! :)

Looking forward to catching up on this weeks weight loss Sarah xb

Day 8

Hi,

Aw thank you everyone!! Following plan whilst on holiday was easier than I expected as I did allow myself more calories and was more active so at the very worst I would maintain but I had weigh in this morning and I am pleased to say I lost 1lb :) I would of liked 2-4lb but considering I was on holiday and TOTM is very imminent (first one since my ruptured ectopic :\ ), then its not bad at all. Any other holiday I would of been looking at a 5+ lb gain and TOTM usually see's me have a temporary gain of 4+ lb, so I am very pleased indeed :)

I have been shopping today so I am all set for a fabulous 2nd week and I am going to start it off like this :)........

Breakfast - 200ml skimmed milk and 50g oats (255)
Snack - Banana (100)
Lunch - Chicken and Mushroom soup (256)
Snack - Apple (80) 10 Minstrel sweets (125)
Dinner - Cod fillets (132) with 100g frozen mixed vegetables (60) and 150g new boiled potatoes (123)
Snack - Low fat yogurt (100)
Evening - Highlights hot chocolate (40) and a caramel wafer (87)

Tatal calories in today = 1258 :)

Drinks - 2 x tea, 2 x coffee, 1.5L water

Exercise - 1hr walk :)

Total steps today = 9094

I hope you are all having a great start to the week. I will now go and have a proper catch up on here to see what everyone has been up to :) xxxx

Last edited:
That's a great loss on hols. Well done!! :) Food sounds fab too!x

Thank you hun :) Im pleased with a loss on holiday :) Looking forward to a good loss this week now im back home :) xx

Back