inch by inch

I've just had my dinner - rannochs smoked chicken with courgette spaghetti. Really tasty and really filling for 330 calories including some sesame oil to toss it with.

Def getting the smoked chicken again. Next time I'll have it with the courgette spaghetti and mix in 30g philly light for a low cal carbonara.

Hit calorie target today.

yeahhhh glad your having a good day x x

I've just had my dinner - rannochs smoked chicken with courgette spaghetti. Really tasty and really filling for 330 calories including some sesame oil to toss it with.

Def getting the smoked chicken again. Next time I'll have it with the courgette spaghetti and mix in 30g philly light for a low cal carbonara.

Hit calorie target today.
Hi again
How did you make the courgette spaghetti? I have literally JUST bought a spiralizer as an incentive! I know you spiralizer it, but how did you cook it? Also where are you getting your smoked Rannoch chicken from? Haven't had that in years. It's very tasty!!!

Hahah the answer to both your questions is waitrose. That's where the rannoch chicken is from and it's also where the courgette spaghetti comes from - I buy it from them ready made for £1.25 for 185g because I'm lazy. I used to spiralise my own, though! The stuff you buy from waitrose you can just pop in the microwave, and you can probs microwave regular spiralised courgette too but personally I prefer it wilted down in a pan because then you can judge how 'done' you want it. I just spray a bit of frylight in a pan at medium heat and stir it around for a while until the texture's good for me. It needs to be a decently big pan though or it will stew (which isn't terrible I just prefer it drier).

Well I just got invited to a movie preview and meal/cocktails beforehand on monday so I guess I'll be having that evening off! I've checked the menu and it's out and out caloriefest so I'm just going to enjoy myself, frankly I've had an entirely awful last few months so one good night in exchange for maybe an extra week before I get to goal is ok by me, it's going to be slow and steady anyway I suspect.

I *am* considering switching back to low carbing after easter. It's been a good plan for me before but I have too many carby occasions coming up so calorie counting fits my life better right now. I'll reassess after easter and see where I am then.

Though I have to say I like this meal replacement thing as I get to have a 'chocolate' bar every day!

Hi Amneris
Thanks so much for that info. Wow! I feel so ignorant about Diets/weight loss!! I tried my first ever calorie controlled Diet in 2011, but it was extremely slow weight loss! Can't exercise, and have some dietly restrictions too, so that doesn't help!

Unfortunately I don't have access to Waitrose!!! They probably sell the Rannoch Chicken in my local deli, as it's produced locally, but I don't get into town very often. Last time I wanted to buy it, a few yrs ago, it had gone up to some hellish price!!!

Wow! Your movie preview and cocktails sounds lovely! Just go for it!! Enjoy yourself! I live in the middle of nowhere, so never get to go to anything like that. But jealous! Lol

Yeah, am looking forward to using my spiralizer. Just hope I've got the strength to use it!! Lol ( have M.E.).

My meal replacements arrived today. Unfortunately only two flavours of cookies. Tried the first one, and don't like them!!! Ahhhh!! I'm going to have to get used to them fast!! They have strange ingredients in them like spelt flour. I think that's why they taste weird.

Thanks once again.
Jan ☺

I quite like spelt flour, it's an old heritage flour that's not as processed as what we're used to. I think it has a lower GI than regular flour too. I am slightly gluten intolerant (it makes me achy and sluggish) so I don't eat much flour in general.

Maybe try adding a few drops of sweetener to your cookies to make them more palatable? Tasted can change when you cut down on sugar so you might find they start tasting better to you.

I have fatigue caused by chronic anaemia and also can't exercise so I'm there with you! Hopefully your plan will be the right one for you though, it can take trial an error. I think most of us wish we knew less about diets as it would mean we'd done less of them!

Quietly updates profile with first 5 days loss o_o

Not weighing again for a wee while as I know Monday will see a bounce back up and I'm determined not to know or care. I'll then be on track again for long enough to get it back off.

Today is a 1500 cal day and I'm going to have delicious steak for my tea!

Omg 10 more minutes of work and I can have my dinner, I'm actually dying of hunger. Steak and veggies, so excited.

Good morning world. 10am and I'm tired already - people are always asking me if I have plans for the weekend and I can never tell them my idea weekend involves chilling out and napping! I'm such a grandma. I do have chronic fatigue so I have to conserve my energy very carefully and if I'm going out on Monday I don't want to make myself weary over the weekend. I do usually work Saturday/Sunday though and this week I'm only working Sunday so it's nice to have the day free to catch up on things.

I'm stating here that food today/tomorrow/monday/tuesday!!! Will not be to my usual plan as my evening meal will be with my family today and tomorrow so I'll have what they have which will probably be a takeaway/sunday dinner. Monday I'm going to this film preview (one of the actors I really like will be there at the preview, but so will a lot of gorgeous teenage girls - SIGH) and that day will pretty much be totally off plan. Tuesday is pancake day and I've planned low carb / low cal meals to balance out having some pancakes. So Tuesday I SHOULD be within 1500 calories and roughly 100g carbs even if they're not ideal carbs.

Wednesday I'll be properly back on the wagon with my shakes/bar and a low carb meal, under 1500 calories and under 80g carbs.

Apart from Monday my calories will still be reasonable (under 2000 at the most) because the only other food I'll have is my shakes/bars - so while I know I'll have a water weight gain I don't think it's possible for me to put any actual fat on.

Anyway sorry for that long ramble I just wanted to put my plans down for myself so I don't feel too stressed about anything. I am used to really really obsessing and being strict when I'm on a diet, which is something I want to avoid this time at least until after easter. For right now, this is a way of not gaining any more weight and hopefully losing a bit as I go along. While I've been really successful with my obsessive dieting I don't think it's a particularly healthy way to be and it basically leads to me being the strictest dieter ever for 6 months then spending 4 months gaining half of it back because I've been too restrictive. Over and over again. I must have lost 20 people by now. So this time I'm being more chill, especially this time of year with a couple of things coming up I know I won't want to be on a plan for.

Ramble ramble ramble.

While I'm rambling. I signed up to a 'plus size dating' app on my phone. I'm so bad at this. I haven't dated in literally years and years and I've never had a serious relationship because I don't like my body and I'm terrified of anyone else seeing it. Online dating is always a worry - I've tried 'normal' dating sites but I panic when anyone asks to meet because what if I turn up and they run away screaming?

Which is terrible, I would never want to date anyone who was fatphobic ANYWAY but I'm still scared? I guess when you've been bullied all through school you just kind of learn to expect people to hate you purely based on how much space you take up in a room.

I'd much rather meet someone in person first rather than through a dating app, like just generally meet people! But everyone I work with is married or has a gf and I don't go out a lot so where?? I also just never think there's much about me anyone would be interested in. But I really would like a partner at this point in my life. Well honestly I'd like a family and that's something I'd need to do in the next few years.

Ah well, just morning ramblings. A low calorie fat free cookie to anyone who read all this nonsense of mine!

Oh gosh, I've definitely been there. My husband and I were friends online before we met in person and got together. I was so, so afraid of him running the other way when he saw me. Like you said, wouldn't have wanted to date anyone who was fatphobic anyway, but I was still terrified of that rejection. I think it definitely has a lot to do with being bullied through your school years.

Obviously, it worked out for me in the end, if that gives you any hope. I wouldn't know how to meet someone in person nowadays either, to be honest! match do those meetup things for bowling and dancing and stuff where you can go and meet people in person--I've seen the adverts, but haven't heard any firsthand accounts of what they're like. I hope you end up pleasantly surprised by the plus size dating app. xx

Also, oh my gosh I didn't even realise that Tuesday was pancake day!

Good morning world. 10am and I'm tired already - people are always asking me if I have plans for the weekend and I can never tell them my idea weekend involves chilling out and napping! I'm such a grandma. I do have chronic fatigue so I have to conserve my energy very carefully and if I'm going out on Monday I don't want to make myself weary over the weekend. I do usually work Saturday/Sunday though and this week I'm only working Sunday so it's nice to have the day free to catch up on things.

I'm stating here that food today/tomorrow/monday/tuesday!!! Will not be to my usual plan as my evening meal will be with my family today and tomorrow so I'll have what they have which will probably be a takeaway/sunday dinner. Monday I'm going to this film preview (one of the actors I really like will be there at the preview, but so will a lot of gorgeous teenage girls - SIGH) and that day will pretty much be totally off plan. Tuesday is pancake day and I've planned low carb / low cal meals to balance out having some pancakes. So Tuesday I SHOULD be within 1500 calories and roughly 100g carbs even if they're not ideal carbs.

Wednesday I'll be properly back on the wagon with my shakes/bar and a low carb meal, under 1500 calories and under 80g carbs.

Apart from Monday my calories will still be reasonable (under 2000 at the most) because the only other food I'll have is my shakes/bars - so while I know I'll have a water weight gain I don't think it's possible for me to put any actual fat on.

Anyway sorry for that long ramble I just wanted to put my plans down for myself so I don't feel too stressed about anything. I am used to really really obsessing and being strict when I'm on a diet, which is something I want to avoid this time at least until after easter. For right now, this is a way of not gaining any more weight and hopefully losing a bit as I go along. While I've been really successful with my obsessive dieting I don't think it's a particularly healthy way to be and it basically leads to me being the strictest dieter ever for 6 months then spending 4 months gaining half of it back because I've been too restrictive. Over and over again. I must have lost 20 people by now. So this time I'm being more chill, especially this time of year with a couple of things coming up I know I won't want to be on a plan for.

Ramble ramble ramble.

While I'm rambling. I signed up to a 'plus size dating' app on my phone. I'm so bad at this. I haven't dated in literally years and years and I've never had a serious relationship because I don't like my body and I'm terrified of anyone else seeing it. Online dating is always a worry - I've tried 'normal' dating sites but I panic when anyone asks to meet because what if I turn up and they run away screaming?

Which is terrible, I would never want to date anyone who was fatphobic ANYWAY but I'm still scared? I guess when you've been bullied all through school you just kind of learn to expect people to hate you purely based on how much space you take up in a room.

I'd much rather meet someone in person first rather than through a dating app, like just generally meet people! But everyone I work with is married or has a gf and I don't go out a lot so where?? I also just never think there's much about me anyone would be interested in. But I really would like a partner at this point in my life. Well honestly I'd like a family and that's something I'd need to do in the next few years.

Ah well, just morning ramblings. A low calorie fat free cookie to anyone who read all this nonsense of mine!

Morning lovely :) , none of what you write is nonsense, its your diary so feel free to express yourself how you want :D . It sounds like you have some fun days ahead of you, and I agree with a lot of what you have written, being so strict with the diet, all the way through, may not be realistic, life does get in the way sometimes and we can't stop being social, so being more flexible with the plan is definitely a better approach. With regards to dating, good on you for venturing out, I'm still not brave enough to, haven't done for years because my weight has held me back, but will probably have to confront this sometime in the future . As far as putting someone off, I don't believe that for a minute hun, your a lovely girl with a golden heart and any fella would be lucky to have you ! :D

Kay xx

I met my husband on line as well and we have been together 4 years last November and married in September last year

I quite like spelt flour, it's an old heritage flour that's not as processed as what we're used to. I think it has a lower GI than regular flour too. I am slightly gluten intolerant (it makes me achy and sluggish) so I don't eat much flour in general.

Maybe try adding a few drops of sweetener to your cookies to make them more palatable? Tasted can change when you cut down on sugar so you might find they start tasting better to you.

I have fatigue caused by chronic anaemia and also can't exercise so I'm there with you! Hopefully your plan will be the right one for you though, it can take trial an error. I think most of us wish we knew less about diets as it would mean we'd done less of them!

....oh yes, spelt flour is a lower GI I think. You're right.

Well, it been 2⅔ days on the Cookie Diet now, and I am a bit gobsmacked really! I haven't been hungry at all, other than late last night, but then I have had two very migrainy days (feel like 50-60% of a full blown migraine...nauseous and very painful). Can't eat properly on those days, and ironically, I often end up eating tons of calories through picking at crisps, crackers with butter, cheese etc...nothing very exciting, but the sort of stuff you fancy when your nauseous. Like you, I have been really enjoying my evening meal though, even despite the nausea! I am also like you really, because I am not sticking ridgedly to the " Cookie Diet". I too, may cycle calories, and add different foods when and where... Just so I don't get bored and frustrated.

BTW...have already nearly got used to the strange flavour of the maple cookies!! Weird huh! Of course I like the choc ones better, but then everyone loves chocolate!! Lol I wouldn't put a sweetener on them, as I don't eat artificial sweeteners, and also once people have been on them a while, they say they start losing their sweet cravings....which is my ultimate goal!! Lol

RE: your anaemia. Are you taking iron via the Dr, or buying your own stuff?

Do you write a Diet diary?
I did one with the calorie controlled Diet that I tried in 2011. It really helped. Have started another one, but am aiming to make this one more fun, colourful and inspirational by cutting pics out of magazines and sticking them in, plus some motivational stickers I've bought from Amazon.

Ramble ramble ramble.

.....you've got to send me that Cookie now!!! Just read about your dating dilemma!! Lol

Good luck!
I haven't dated for years either..... Lack of Confidence (due to illness....and now weight as well! :( ) plus live in a very unpopulated area, and can't afford a car to get out. I think you're very courageous! :0clapper:

I met my lovely boyfriend on line (match.com) and we've been together almost 8 years.
Be brave and out an honest picture of yourself online - then they will know what you look like and I'm sure the men who are worth it will get in touch. Most importantly, it's about finding someone you click with, I remember looking forward to emails from him, because we have the same sense of humour and he just used to write little things that made me laugh every day...

Whey hey on the quiet loss :)

Afternoon lovely :) , I hope your well. I was wondering if you could help me, as I wanted some advice on Atkins. I will have to come off vlcd for 2 weeks due to my up coming operation. I don't want to gain loads of weight in that time, as I reintroduce food to my body. I know you've done Atkins before and I'm trying to come up with a meal plan that will be low carb in those 2 weeks so I don't gain loads of weight. I've seen these Atkin protein bars that come in a 5pk in Asda, have you tried them before and are they any good for weightloss ? I'm thinking of having x1 mainmeal and then an Atkins shake and a bar each day. Have you tried their shake also ? And I'm taking it, all their products are low carb ?

I really appreciate all your help :) .

Kay xx

Back