Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

I'm serial in that I weigh myself more than once a week, but I don't obsess about it, I just want to know that the point I'm fluctuating around is actually lowering! For example, Last week I stayed the same, the following morning (just to test which way it could have gone!) I'd lost 2.5lbs. So frustrating, but at least its not going higher!

My scales reflect class scales,so I now only jump on on weigh in day,then I wont be too disapointed if its a gain.

I am a serial weigher! I like to see how I'm doing!!

Im already annoyed as its weigh in tomorrow morning (mon) and ATM the scales say I'm set for a 1lb gain! Why oh why when I've been ill since weds and not really eaten half the amount I would of, who knows xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used to get on every morning, now I don't, only on weigh in day unless its a doctors visit day then i will weigh myself before going so i know what i am. I get all disappointed when I see a gain in the week so i stopped doing it. I have to weigh myself in the same pajamas all the time though, if i wear my other pair i might weigh different!

I used to get on every morning, now I don't, only on weigh in day unless its a doctors visit day then i will weigh myself before going so i know what i am. I get all disappointed when I see a gain in the week so i stopped doing it. I have to weigh myself in the same pajamas all the time though, if i wear my other pair i might weigh different!

Hahaha, I'm a jammies weigher too, I figure baggy jeans weigh plenty, so better to avoid the potential horror :p x

Here's a good app for those with iPads and probably iPhones too. Its called weight monitor by essence computing and cost 69p. I put it on the other day and can now enter my weight every day. It shows a monthly graph with a line for target and a trend line. Even on days where you've gone up slightly the trend line shows the actual trend whether up or down.

Oh dear, I am truly addicted to weighing:D

Was your way in today or is it tomorrow? Just wondering how you did. X

I used to weigh every day til today. I've put the scales away n gonna try n go cold turkey til class wi next Mon lol. I was upset as id gained at the weekend but it was actually water retention due to salty pasta n I lost 2.5lb at class :) xx

I used to weigh every day til today. I've put the scales away n gonna try n go cold turkey til class wi next Mon lol. I was upset as id gained at the weekend but it was actually water retention due to salty pasta n I lost 2.5lb at class :) xx

Good luck :D

Here's a good app for those with iPads and probably iPhones too. Its called weight monitor by essence computing and cost 69p. I put it on the other day and can now enter my weight every day. It shows a monthly graph with a line for target and a trend line. Even on days where you've gone up slightly the trend line shows the actual trend whether up or down.

Oh dear, I am truly addicted to weighing:D

I'm off to get that now!
Love the sound of that!
Thanks!

LJR said:

Well done :-D

I do this!! Every morning I weigh myself in hope that I've lost another pound! ! If I haven't I find myself more focused! For me it helps but it is each to their own :) xx

I'm always weighing and even though I know it's fluctuation it really does effect me mood, confidence and how I feel about myself. I still keep doing it tho, and panic if I'm not near scales!!

I even went into asda once and took a set of scales and weighed myself in the middle of the shop (without buying the scales)..

Good afternoon everyone. My name's Rachel and I'm a serial weigher. :D

I tend to weigh every morning with PJs, and then without. And sometimes in the evening too - around 7pm as that's my weigh in time. I know that my scales are roughly 1.5 pounds above the official SW ones.

Like Erm said, I find weighing every day keeps me on the straight and narrow. I've only had 1 gain so far and that was for 1lb so it's obviously working!! If my weight is low then it gives me a boost and I carry on, if it's higher then I think about what I can do to get it back lower again. If I've had a STS or gain at group then I'll weigh the next night to check if it was water rentention. Quite often it is and again this helps motivate me! I only ever take the group weigh in as "official" though.

Back