Is this true - meeting related

What a rude rude cow!!! I am on a social team and can safely tell you this is not a rule!!! This is her rule and if she has an attitude like that for her self employed business (which is what it is) then she doesn't deserve your money!! She clearly just had a chip on her shoulder and felt you were inconveniencing her by not letting her get on with whatever else she wanted to. She may not want to encourage it which is fair enough but absolutely no way should she be telling you off! It's her problem, not yours! Grrr I'd have a go at her for you if I could lol

How dare she? That's disgusting behaviour! At the end of the day, you PAY for her "service", it's not a charity event. Doesn't really sound like what SW promises on their website, does it?

......."A very warm welcome – whichever group you join!
A friendly and highly trained Consultant to guide and support you
The promise of no humiliation or judgment – just care, support and encouragement........"

I'd be on the phone to HQ ever so quick on Monday!

OMG - totally bang out of order. I've been to a class before (few years ago) & ppl who arrived late simply missed opportunity to be SOTW or to buy raffle tickets etc. They were weighted on their way out.
I re-joined last week and yes, we newbies were weighed at the end (at the beginning in my other group though) but a bloke came in 1/2 way through IT and he was weighed after us! I don't for one minute believe the only reason he didn't get a verbal thrashing was because he was a bloke it's just not on.

I'd 100% send a complaint to SW HQ - even if they say the C was only complying with current rules about weighing (& I can't see any reason for a daft rule on when someone can be weighed) they can't condone her verbals.

Stand your ground Dreamcatchme x

I've been weighed at the end of sessions before, with no complaints, a few people regularly come in mid-session and nothing negative is ever said.

I don't think I would to go back to the class if I was told off like a 6yr old, in fact it happened at an art class I was going to, I was taken aside at the end of the lesson (about a class I'd previously not completed) and had a good old telling off, and I never returned. I hate to be made to feel like a child.

I would complain and explain how she made you feel, even if your confidence isn't at rock bottom, the next person she speaks to like that might be. xxxx

How dare she? That's disgusting behaviour! At the end of the day, you PAY for her "service", it's not a charity event. . . .

Exactly! Would you let a member of staff talk to you like that in Marks & Spencer? Or the petrol station? Of course not. But SW is a business, just the same as any other, and we are the customers.

I'm part of the social team and have heard my consultant mention only social team to be weighed before the meetings start time but she always weighs people who are late to the meeting and miss the WI window... in fact the one person who misses it regularly is another consultant and she does so because of work/childcare reasons. New members are weighed after Image Therapy so it isn't an issue there.

Please phone HQ and see what they say about it. Also mention how rude your consultant was because no matter what rules there are she should never be rude to someone.

Next time kick her in the shin and run away. There are other consultants and other meetings that will respect and appreciate you. It's her business and who knows if she carries on in that tone there may not be a meeting to attend for very much longer and you might have to find a new one anyways.

I have been following this discussion with interest, mainly because I feel indignant on your behalf and I was wondering if you had faced up to the cow yet? Then I saw that your post started 4 days ago on your WI day, so I guess you have another few days to go before your next WI. How do you feel now Dreamcatchme? The members on the site here obviously feel that she was very wrong to treat you that way and we support you all the way. I hope that the last few days of posts here have helped you feel a little better. Are you ready to face her?

I know this was your personal hurt but I am wondering if HQ are aware that some of their consultants are giving their organisation a bad name and making their members feel so low that they don't want to return. I am sure they would be very unhappy to know that they risk losing members (and revenue) unless perhaps they focus on a little more training in certain areas. (However I kind of suspect that a mysterious "someone" at HQ does keep an eye on us here a minimins, so perhaps they are aware.)

(However I kind of suspect that a mysterious "someone" at HQ does keep an eye on us here a minimins, so perhaps they are aware.)

Ooh a mole....how very Orwellian. Now I'll be wondering who....

Ooh a mole....how very Orwellian. Now I'll be wondering who....
Lol, lickthelid. What I meant was that, as SW are aware of our site, I think they might occasionally have someone browse the forums to make sure we are not making false claims about their plan, or giving people incorrect advice that might be attributed to them. As a free site they know that anybody can post anything, but I don't think they have employed someone just to "spy" on us.

But that is off topic now. I still want Dream to feel better about herself, and I am interested in the follow up to her story.

Me too. I think its awful that someone is made to feel that way. I hope she is ok :(

Hello . I too have followed the posts on this thread and like Peggy Dee I hope that Dream will:) let us know what she decided to do and how things are going for her. I hope that whatever you decide you are happy and feel confident in your weightloss journey

That's awful for her to have a go at you. Could she not politely say if it is the case. I'm going to ask my consultant on Tuesday. I'd go back and have a go at her for treating you like a child. Huge hugs hun. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That's shocking - when I was working I was always late to group, I mentioned it to my C when I first started the job and she said "Oh, that's fine, I can just weigh you in at the end or at the start of the next session." No problems at all.

She has mentioned to us a few times about not being able to weigh us in early, I get to group about 10 minutes into WI so don't know how strict she is with that.

What's a social team?

In the SW magazine there was an advert for people to apply to be consultants, but it made it clear that consultants are self employed and NOT employees of slimming world. I wonder if this is in case some consultants are unfriendly SW can say it's not really anything to do with them? Just a thought.

In the SW magazine there was an advert for people to apply to be consultants, but it made it clear that consultants are self employed and NOT employees of slimming world. I wonder if this is in case some consultants are unfriendly SW can say it's not really anything to do with them? Just a thought.

It is everything to do with SW... they recruit and train consultants and I assume provide them with on going training as well. They don't employ them as such but each consultant is working under the SW brand and what they do reflects on SW. I'm sure if a member let them know about a consultant being rude or unhelpful then they would look into it.

You are self employed yes, but you are an owner of a franchise, you pay royalties and very much play by their rules....... hence the on going discussion over on 'if you could change slimming world...'

I also know that they routinely send people in to groups to check up on consultants, and there are district manager's etc.

I would be very.. very shocked if HQ dismissed this issue. . . . Years ago we had a consultant step in while ours was sick, he arrived and was very, very smelly. ..... he spent the whole time going on about his own success - 15 years ago, had gained it all back and was so big, he was panting between words. It was really sad. . . . I know a few members put a complaint in and sw looked into it.

Spoke to my consultant last night and No, it is not true. Members are entitled to come in and weigh at the end of image therapy if they arrive late.

I would contact slimming World hun. She is a bad advertisement for their franchise. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back