Isabella's journey (taking the scenic route) to 9 stone

Cadbury's Highlights drinks are my lifesaver - I have 2 sometimes 3 every day plus mixed fruit tea from Aldi (a lot stronger than any others I have bought).
I am veggie as I really like eggs and cheese - could be vegan if it wasn't for those. :)

I have a link to Linda Sansone walk at home DVD's for the days when it is too rainy to go out - I enjoy doing them. All free on youtube - pick the ones that have the time next to them as some as just tasters. I like the 1 mile express for when I have 15 mins to spare. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=linda+sansone+1+mile - put her name in youtube and losts will come up.

Thanks Systema! I'm going to try some fruit teas tomorrow :) I had cinnamon teas for a while, which were nice. I might start drinking more hot choc to cut back on the choc bars!

I love eggs and cheese too.

I will have a look at the Linda Sansone DVDs- thank you!

Bella you can drop 3 lbs in time for your birthday. Keep up the fitness drink more water. X

good luck

Bella you can drop 3 lbs in time for your birthday. Keep up the fitness drink more water. X

good luck

Thanks H-J! I wish I could but it's been both my parent's birthdays this weekend so I've had far too much to eat (a meal out involving Vegetable Lasagne last night, lots of cake both days and chocolates, a jam tart and a cooked breakfast today). I've also had two rest days from running (although apart from this weekend I've had very few rest days since Christmas) so I have put on weight :( I will try again tomorrow!

On the positive side I did 10km on my exercise bike at 30mph and might do some more cycling later.

My plan for tomorrow is to try to cycle for 30 minutes, run for 30 minutes, avoid chocolate/sweets until 9pm and stick to as close to 1500 cals as possible.

Today I've been OK diet-wise- had a reasonable breakfast, lunch, tea and a healthy snack. I'm just going to add up the cals and if I have any left over I'll have some chocolate!

Brunch: Graze box- 630
Carrot soup- 120
850 cals

Dinner: Small lemon sole fillet- 90 cals
Onion rings- 200 cals
Vegetables- 50 cals
Sweet chilli sauce- 27.5 cals
367 cals

urm still overeating- 2 creme eggs- 354

Last edited:
Brunch: Graze box- 630
Carrot soup- 120
850 cals

Dinner: Small lemon sole fillet- 90 cals
Onion rings- 200 cals
Vegetables- 50 cals
Sweet chilli sauce- 27.5 cals
367 cals

urm still overeating- 2 creme eggs- 354

A good balanced amount eaten then. The graze box what did you eat for that amount just nuts? :D

A good balanced amount eaten then. The graze box what did you eat for that amount just nuts? :D

Well it had a chocolate (beetroot based) brownie in it! and yeah tons of almonds, peanuts (and some mixes with chocolate buttons and honeycomb)!! lol, I knew it wasn't healthy but decided not to care (*until 5 mins after eating it!).

Breakfast this morning: 125g red grapes- 85 calories
Might have an egg too?
Lunch: Soup, some form of protein and a piece of toast
Snack: banana
Dinner: tbc

Okay so I have been up and down weight-wise for 2 weeks (I was 10st 9 at one point, then 10st 12, now I think I'm 10st 10); I've been bingeing (and forgetting to record it!) and exercising and then trying to regain some control.

I was going to try the 'How the rich get thin' diet again and do the 3-day starter part of it (basically you just eat yoghurt, fish, vegetables and eggs for 3 days and exercise for one hour) but I'm worried the restriction could lead to more bingeing behaviour and the lack of carbs might make my anxiety issues worse so will just stick to a reasonable calorie intake instead!

Today's food:

Breakfast: A boiled egg on a piece of wholemeal toast with flora light- 240 cals
Snack: A big glass of blueberry, banana, mango, orange smoothie- env. 200 cals
Lunch: Starter: Carrot soup. Main: Wholemeal tortilla with a teaspoon of lightest Philadelphia and a portion of smoked salmon. - 400 cals
Dinner: TBC
Dessert: low calorie ice cream

Okay so I have been up and down weight-wise for 2 weeks (I was 10st 9 at one point, then 10st 12, now I think I'm 10st 10); I've been bingeing (and forgetting to record it!) and exercising and then trying to regain some control.

I was going to try the 'How the rich get thin' diet again and do the 3-day starter part of it (basically you just eat yoghurt, fish, vegetables and eggs for 3 days and exercise for one hour) but I'm worried the restriction could lead to more bingeing behaviour and the lack of carbs might make my anxiety issues worse so will just stick to a reasonable calorie intake instead!

Today's food:

Breakfast: A boiled egg on a piece of wholemeal toast with flora light- 240 cals
Snack: A big glass of blueberry, banana, mango, orange smoothie- env. 200 cals
Lunch: Starter: Carrot soup. Main: Wholemeal tortilla with a teaspoon of lightest Philadelphia and a portion of smoked salmon. - 400 cals
Dinner: TBC
Dessert: low calorie ice cream

yeah I wouldn't touch that plan as that might kick off bingeing more Bella. Why don't you give the 5:2 a try ??

When you say you've been bingeing?? What sort of foods are you eating exactly?

Enjoy your weekend x

Thanks Honey-J, I really don't think I could stick to it. I might give 5:2 a try though; although 500-600 cals might have a similar effect on me just now!

I tend to eat multiple bars of chocolate, pieces of cake, sweets etc. I've managed to avoid bingeing for a few days but have eaten around 2000-2400 calories each day so can only really expect to stay the same weight (according to my BMR, with running, cycling and walking each day).

I need to start sticking to 1500 calories consistently; I really want to get to 10st or at least 10st 4lb by Easter! :)

Today's food
Breakfast:
Scrambled egg on toast with a glass of mango smoothie

Lunch:
Vegetable soup.
Beans on toast

Snack:
Banana

Dinner:
Tortilla with beans, chicken, low fat cheese, salsa, tomatoes, salad and a teaspoon of sweet chili sauce.

Dessert:
chocolate buttons

Last edited:
Today's food
Breakfast:
Scrambled egg on toast with a glass of mango smoothie

Lunch:
Vegetable soup.
Beans on toast

Snack:
Banana

Dinner:
Tortilla with beans, chicken, low fat cheese, salsa, tomatoes, salad and a teaspoon of sweet chili sauce.

Dessert:
chocolate buttons

Hi Bella. Here to follow your diary if that's ok! :)

Yum, that dinner sounds really tasty! And the mango smoothie too. Did you make that yourself?

Thanks for subbing guys, Katie'sWorld and SilvermMoon do you both have diaries? Kiki, sadly no, it was an Innocent smoothie- very yummy tho! :)

Oh good, will look now. I'm thinking of starting 5:2 at some point so it would be good to get some more inspiration for fast days!

My day

Exercise: a nice long run in the sunshine, a very short time on the exercise bike and hopefully a walk later.

Food: My meals have been ok but I've been a bit rubbish today and snacked a lot so yet another stay-the-same day.

B:
Porridge made with skimmed milk, with a teaspoon each of syrup and muesli. 160 cals

L:
Leak & potato soup. Smoked salmon pate & low fat cream cheese on a piece of wholemeal toast. A glass of smoothie. 470 cals.

Snacks:
A bag of Wotsits, a low cal samosa, a small piece of cake < where I went wrong!!!! 420 cals

D:
Quorn bolognese with salad. - 605 cals

Dessert:
Cadbury's caramel- 215 cals

Daily calcium: 0% yoghurt- 68 cals. Milk- 120

2058- my BMR is quite high so this is the amount I need to eat everyday if i want to lose 0.5lb in a week (it leaves a deficit of 300ish cals)

It's my birthday on Wednesday but hopefully after that I'll start to be a lot better at sticking to my diet, cut my calories back to 1500 per day and get into the 9s after a few months :)

Last edited:
I binged last night :( It was a proper binge but not a massive one (multiple pieces of cake & chocolate). I'm now not sure whether to try to be good today and then have my birthday off or try to be good both days or just eat whatever I like for 2 days and then start on 5th March and try to lose lots by 5th April (Easter)?

So far I've had porridge and blueberry smoothie for breakfast. I could try to go for an extra long run to work some of the calories off, I think I'd rather not just give up and overeat for the next two days because I'll end up feeling awful!

I binged last night :( It was a proper binge but not a massive one (multiple pieces of cake & chocolate). I'm now not sure whether to try to be good today and then have my birthday off or try to be good both days or just eat whatever I like for 2 days and then start on 5th March and try to lose lots by 5th April? So far I've had porridge and blueberry smoothie for breakfast. I could try to go for an extra long run to work some of the calories off, I think I'd rather not just binge for the next two days because I'll end up feeling awful!
be good then you won't feel guilty on your birthday enjoying your day Xxx

yes, that's probably the best plan. I'll try to do 1500 today (or less but that's unlikely!) and then have up to my TDEE 2300 tomorrow (I'm having pancakes for breakfast, going out for a coffee & cake and an Italian so that's probably the lowest possible!).

yes, that's probably the best plan. I'll try to do 1500 today (or less but that's unlikely!) and then have up to my TDEE 2300 tomorrow (I'm having pancakes for breakfast, going out for a coffee & cake and an Italian so that's probably the lowest possible!).
fab idea chick !!
Ohhh tomorrow sounds like a lovely day is it your birthday then too Xxx

Back