Its official im pregnant and on the countdown :-)

I've received a letter from the health visiting team for them to come round and meet a introduce themselves it says it's an hr visit. Anyone else had that what does it entail for a whole hour ??

I had one. They came to meet us and just went through feeding options, sleeping arrangements (having baby in your room etc) and that was about it. She wasn't here an hour. She gave us some leaflets and telephone numbers for the team.

Ah I see hopefully it's a nice health visitor. It is all feeling very real now. How nice that they come out and meet you first x

Great meeting with consultant pleased with my bloods and happy for me to continue with diet controlled yippeee next scan in 3 weeks. Feeling pretty good xx

Great news hun x glad you're doing well xxx

Had a few raised bms after breakfast thurs and fri phone clinic advised to monitor over weekend ring Monday. So far they have gone back to normal but I've had to change my milk in porridge to water in porridge it's only for a max of 8 weeks so I guess it won't do any harm if it keeps me off meds. So far I've done 40 mins of excersise everyday in hope that will help stabilise sugars and keep me in check. What id give for a nice bit of sweet! But when baby is here il have a cake for breakfast hahaha

Yay clinic happy for me to continue I have been able to keep bms back in range I think it helps that I'm doing 20-30 mins ex bike and 30-40 min slow walk in the evenings daily! Come on I can do this for 8 more weeks max haha x

Yay clinic happy for me to continue I have been able to keep bms back in range I think it helps that I'm doing 20-30 mins ex bike and 30-40 min slow walk in the evenings daily! Come on I can do this for 8 more weeks max haha x

You're doing really well. Better than I did ;) Have they mentioned induction yet? I was 38+3 when I went in, they said 37 was too early x

In 8 weeks il be 39 + 2 so I'm going on the longest scenario. They don't discuss dates until 36 weeks after final scan part of me is hoping all this excersise and no meds might get me a little longer to a) cook and b) natural labour myself lol here's hoping. Xx

In 8 weeks il be 39 + 2 so I'm going on the longest scenario. They don't discuss dates until 36 weeks after final scan part of me is hoping all this excersise and no meds might get me a little longer to a) cook and b) natural labour myself lol here's hoping. Xx

Fingers crossed. The told me that they do let people go to due date but Cole looked big on scans (he wasn't!) and I was on insulin which is why they booked me in. Hopefully they'll let you go a bit longer as you're doing so well. X

Well the last consultant I spoke to said it was out of question to get you to 40 weeks although 39 and a few days maybe. They say the placenta ages and breaks down at a faster rate tbh I just want my baby to arrive safe it's measuring big already so I think il be pushing it at 39 weeks haha is it stupid that I don't want my baby born on same same as a close friends baby I want my baby to have it's own day! If I'm induced I want to be past that date lol x

Well the last consultant I spoke to said it was out of question to get you to 40 weeks although 39 and a few days maybe. They say the placenta ages and breaks down at a faster rate tbh I just want my baby to arrive safe it's measuring big already so I think il be pushing it at 39 weeks haha is it stupid that I don't want my baby born on same same as a close friends baby I want my baby to have it's own day! If I'm induced I want to be past that date lol x

Funny how consultants in the same area tell you different. It's not stupid at all wanting baby to have it's own birth date. Even if you get the same date it might not be born on it. I went in on Thursday morning and Cole was born Tuesday night. Think that's a bit extreme but it could take a day or two x

As long as I'm not induced before the date I can cope. On the date or after suits me hahaha. Yes I think it's difficult to know what's standard and I imagine you will have seen the same drs as me since we are same hospital lol xx

As long as I'm not induced before the date I can cope. On the date or after suits me hahaha. Yes I think it's difficult to know what's standard and I imagine you will have seen the same drs as me since we are same hospital lol xx

More than likely but I can't remember her name :/ baby brain x

Porridge and water isn't all that bad but gosh I have saddle sore after my 30 mins ex bike yay me lol

So far so good remained diet controlled with the gestational diabetes so have an induction of 39 weeks but I will know for definite at 36 weeks appt :). Continuing with my 30 mins of excersise daily and that's helping with maintaining a gain of 18lb and keeping sugars controlled so all in all I am feeling pretty good about it all.

33 weeks and 5 days now it's really flying x

Back