Jumping on the Slim and Save Band Wagon!

Wow what a difference to both of you. You look great.

And yeah I think unfortunately the lower our weight drops the harder it gets. But I def think in a week or two we should both get at least 4-5 pounds off. I think my bmi must be around that and also only lost a pound this week - similarities are increasing! But remember 5 pounds of water would motivate us if we lost it, but a pound of all fat should be more motivating really!! It's quite a lot physically x

Day 34

Wake up/Breakfast: vanilla shake hot with coffee, 1x coffee
Lunch: Pasta Carbonara
Dinner: Cookies & Cream shake
Snacks: Muesli youghurt Bar, cup of tea, 50ml skimmed milk
Water: 5,169mls (whoop!)
Weight: 10st 9.5lbs (seriously?!)

Awww thanks ladies for the lovely comments and WOW KBQueen! Will start doing them exercises! Fab results!

Hahahaha Lara yep, very similar! It would be lovely to be 4-5lb lighter next week - I would hit BMI then! The losses have really slowed - It's like I'm coasting along and suddenly Mount Everest is in front of me, and so a slow uphill journey begins to make it to the top. I know we will get there, but I want to get there sooner or later. As much as I love S&S I can't wait to be able to go out for dinner and not worry (too) much or have the occasional pizza or chip.

But yes, I would rather the fat does one slowly than just losing water weight. Will (try) to stop whining now! X

Day 34 Wake up/Breakfast: vanilla shake hot with coffee, 1x coffee Lunch: Pasta Carbonara Dinner: Cookies & Cream shake Snacks: Muesli youghurt Bar, cup of tea, 50ml skimmed milk Water: 5,169mls (whoop!) Weight: 10st 9.5lbs (seriously?!) Awww thanks ladies for the lovely comments and WOW KBQueen! Will start doing them exercises! Fab results! Hahahaha Lara yep, very similar! It would be lovely to be 4-5lb lighter next week - I would hit BMI then! The losses have really slowed - It's like I'm coasting along and suddenly Mount Everest is in front of me, and so a slow uphill journey begins to make it to the top. I know we will get there, but I want to get there sooner or later. As much as I love S&S I can't wait to be able to go out for dinner and not worry (too) much or have the occasional pizza or chip. But yes, I would rather the fat does one slowly than just losing water weight. Will (try) to stop whining now! X

Seriously can't wait too!!! We must must must remember how hard this was, and maintain properly so it was worth it

Absolutely Lara! Will NEVER forget how hard this was!!!

Day 35

Wake up/Breakfast: Carmel shake hot with coffee, 1x coffee
Lunch:
Dinner: shake
Snacks: Honey Nougat Bar, cup of tea, 50ml skimmed milk
Water: 5,164mls
Weight: 10st 7 1/4lbs (shocked smiley!!!!)

WOWZERS!!! Must've had some sort of whoosh overnight! 2lbs 1/4!!! Well weird, as wasn't expecting it but brilliant!
The only thing I did differently was up my water intake again for the day (8 pints + the water in my packs) looking back at my entries it does appear that I lose more when I drink more!
Really hope it stays that way for my official weigh in for the week tomorrow!

So the other delivery has turned up - ordered 28 more bars, and a weeks worth of nothing but shakes as I've got A LOT of meals and soups left. I've sorted out 28 days for myself, 9 of which are Lifestyle days which have 3 packs, the rest OH will hopefully pick at. There may be a small order in the horizon for my OH, but hopefully none for me lol!
image.jpg

See, check this pic out! Absolutely shed loads of the stuff! Thank god OH is doing it too!

Haha!!! Wow you make me feel normal with all my pack buying!!

Great news with the loss!!!! :-D

Thanks Lara! RE: packs - I'll be serving them as part of Christmas Dinner at this rate!

So official weigh in today - 10st 7lbs exactly:) 3lbs loss for the week (thank god for that 2 1/4lb whoosh a day ago!). 16.5 lbs since I started S&S 5 weeks ago. Currently sitting at 25.2 BMI, just need that .2 off to hit top of normal BMI! Can't quite believe it! Don't know why, but drinking a bucket load of water a day seems to work for me!

Water definitely plays a huge part in the losses, it's true when they say 'the more you drink the more you shrink' x

Hi KBQueen, completely agree with you! Hope you had a good day today hun x

Day 36

Wake up/Breakfast: Carmel shake hot with coffee, 2x coffee
Lunch: 2x Tesco Lighter choices sausages, 150g swede chips, 50g onions and gravy
Dinner: Strawberry shake
Snacks: Vanilla and Almond Bar, cup of tea, 50ml skimmed milk
Water: 5,144mls
Weight: 10st 7lbs (Yay!

So made the decision that I will continue with it for the next month (will re-evaluate every 2 weeks and see how happy I am at a certain weight). I do want to hit 10st at least, and anything lower (for my height) will be a bonus.

OH is completely converted to S&S, and has admitted that it does really work - he obviously had to see it happen to himself before believing!

Yay someone to share all those packs with!

I'm doing this for another month too. It's really not that long... I don't know about you but I am kind of getting used to it!

Hi Lara! These packs have become a way of life haven't they?! I am used to them, maybe too used to them lol!

I was reading my diary back last night and cannot believe the journey I've had on it already. It only feels like yesterday when I was on something like day 3 and you commented about soon I'll be in double figures - now look at me on day 37 lol!!!!

The change in my body and in my confidence has been brilliant in just a short amount of time. My OH's mum was here yesterday and she was very complimentary albeit still a bit sceptical and concerned about this. But she said as long were both happy she's happy!

So close to normal BMI, if it weren't for TOTM any day now I most probably could hit it this week...

Day 37

Wake up/Breakfast: Tons of Vanilla Beanies coffee, Oatmeal pack
Lunch: Pasta Carbonara
Dinner: 120g lean mince, "onion gravy" and broccoli
Snacks: Praline Bar, cup of tea, 100ml skimmed milk
Water: 4,794mls
Weight: 10st 6.5lbs :-D

A half a lbs gone over night. However I am due TOTM any day now so no doubt I will start gaining a few lbs because of it :-| Typical - Start making progress only for that to happen. Swell.
Decided to mix it up at breakfast and have oatmeal instead of a shake mixed with coffee. It helped that I have these new Beanies flavoured coffees - they are GORGEOUS and only have 2 cals per cup!

*Mid Afternoon*

So TOTM has appeared, which has made me want to to attack the cupboards. Decided to have a lifestyle day again (I know, I know - I did say I was going to stick to Simplicity, but figure Lifestyle would be better than eating junk) so raided the freezer to see what I had in there and found the mince. Really enjoyed dinner (even though I had to ditch my swede chips as I burnt them!!!) - and I was still well under my cals for the day. Must remember to make it again. Gotta love it when an impromptu plan comes together (other than burning the swede!).

Will probably now stick to Lifestyle whilst TOTMing, to keep me sane and go back to Simplicity on Monday once I'm back to normal and just in time for official weigh in on Wednesday.

Day 38

Wake up/Breakfast: Vanilla Beanies coffee, Caramel shake warm with
Normal coffee
Lunch: 2x Flat mushrooms stuffed with bacon, onion, thyme and baby bel cheese, 100g broccoli
Dinner: Caramel shake warm with coffee (again!)
Snacks: Vanilla and Almond Bar, cup of tea, 100ml skimmed milk
Water: 4476mls
Weight: 10st 7 1/4

As suspected due to TOTM I gained overnight, but in the grand scheme of things it's not too bad - only 3/4lbs. Not hung about it as I know it will disappear as fast as it came back on
:)
Feel rather bloated though. Part of me wishes I stuck to Simplicity today as lunch was a bit of a let down.
Really want to try a cauliflower base pizza that a few people have been banging on about, and figure if I can be bothered to cook it tomorrow, that it would be a nice Saturday night treat whilst watching X Factor lol!

Really love having the caramel shake hot with coffee, so figure I'd have it again for dinner! I know I shouldn't have, but ordered YET MORE packs today - to be fair OH wanted more of the beef noodle soup, and I wanted more cookies & cream shakes. I also ordered a ton more caramel shakes as they are being DISCONTINUED!!!! Noooooooo!

UPDATE: I just found out that I won the Slim and Save "Best Article Comment" competition:D! The subject was "What Made You Succeed At Some Things And Fail At Others". It was a lovely surprise and my prize is £25 in points to spend in the S&S store! So I guess I will be ordering more packs again in the near future!!!

Hahaha you and those packs! Really made me chuckle reading your post. Ah that's great you won the competition - what was the article comment?

By the way are you going to continue on this plan when your bmi is below 25? X

Lara, isnt it Sod's Law that I win something which means more packs???!!!!:D

Defintely carrying on once I get to a BMI of 25 - I want to hit somewhere near the 22's. That should give me some leeway when it comes to maintaining and also for when I stuff my face at Christmas. It's my last Christmas in the UK for at least 4 years with my sister and niece as we move to Australia 2nd week of Jan so want to let my hair down!

Heres the comment I wrote that won me the prize!:
I find boredom the number one instigator at tempting me to fail - Especially if it’s a diet! If I am positive and truly believe in something then I go for it. I am an all or nothing kind of person! It is really hard to keep positive or stick to anything if it bores me to tears. For example: I once tried a low calorie diet and the only things it allowed me to eat on it was celeriac, lentils and alfalfa sprouts! Now I was the most miserable person on the planet, and it was easy for the “bad” voice in my head to say “Hello, you are making yourself and everyone around you miserable – Have that bit of cake and all would be right with the world” and think it was a reasonable argument.
With anything, I have to see results, it can’t impede with my day to day life, is simple and most of all enjoyable! I love the fact with S&S that I do not feel deprived and the yummy bars keep that nasty voice away in regards to swaying me in to having a biscuit.
In order to be successful, as well as believing in yourself and keeping that positive mental attitude (PMA!) going it really does help if the end goal is achievable and that there is support and as well as learning curves, lots of fun along the way!

Oh it is a nice well written comment.

Wait you're moving to Australia?! Wow that's massive. You better still post on here haha. Where in Australia? That's so exciting! What an incentive. And you can't carry all your exante packs with you (you'd need an extra suit case at this rate!) so you'll have to be well into maintaining by then ;-) x

Hahaha will definitely still post here!

Yep the company I work for here in the UK want me to be based in their Sydney office (I work from home now which is awesome!) I did turn it down before, but after talking it over to everyone it seems like a great opportunity for me, my partner and our baby boy. It sucks though as both my parents are gone and my sister and neice are the only family I have (other than my own of course) and being the eldest I worry about her. She is upset that I'm leaving but understands (I moved to Canada when I was 20 for 4 years and she was not happy then, but at least she had my parents). We are very close and I will miss her terribly :-(

On a more up beat note S&S have said that they deliver to Australia so if I need to I can get them sent there :) will probably be shipping all my spares anyway lol! X

Ahhh I'm sure she will enjoy coming to visit you. I know it's hard as it's such a long way. I'm also very close with my family, so would feel the same way. But like you said it does sound a good opportunity. And you can show off your beach body on the beaches!

That's the thing Lara - I really want to be a beach babe by the time I hit Australian soil lol! It's going to be summer out there when we arrive so no hiding for me in leggings and a long top.

Will definitely be flying my sister and niece out to see us - she is a single mum and such a brilliant one at that, but it is a struggle for her so I help out financially every month. We always have done if one is doing better than the other. She has only been abroad once to Greece and my neice who is 6 has never left the country. So will surprise them with a trip out there at some point next year:)

Day 39

Wake up/Breakfast: Vanilla Beanies coffee, Caramel shake warm with
Normal coffee
Lunch: Spicy Spaghetti with Chillies
Dinner: White Choc and Raspberry shake
Snacks: Muesli Bar, cup of tea, 50ml skimmed milk
Water: 5,169mls
Weight: 10st 6.5lbs

A pleasant surprise on the scales this morning even being smack bang in the middle of TOTM! Expecting it to fluctuate for the next couple of days but at least I'm heading in the right direction. Once again only .1 off normal BMI. Whoop!

Decided to stick to Simplicity today - have had a lot of lifestyle days the past week or so and it makes me feel more hungry than when I'm just doing simplicity. There shouldn't be any difference in weight loss anyway, however it is tempting me to "cheat" (I haven't and will not, but it's annoying having these thoughts!) because I had a taste of "real food". Need to go back to being uber strict again. By the end of this month I should have reached normal BMI as well as be very close to goal. The end is in sight so must not get complacent!

OMG!!! Weighed myself this morning - I'm now at 10st 6 1/4lbs and I have hit the 25 BMI! I am at normal BMI! In August I was in the Obese range! Sorry so happy thought I'd quickly pop in and share!

Back