I've come to say hello :-)

Hi guys im a newbie to CC. I've lost a stone and a half doing slimming world but put half that stone bk on. Just feel like Sw isn't working for me anymore. So 1st day of cc for me. Enjoying it so far. How did u all decide on how much cals u shld have a day? x

I just typed a reply to this, pressed something, and it's gone! Ha! I'll start again!

I have lost count how many times I've joined slimming world. The optimist in me wanted to believe that I could eat as much of the 'free' foods as I liked, but the scientist in me tells me that if I ate 20 bananas in a day, I would put on weight (that's a whopping 2600kcals a day!).

Using web resources, generally, it calculates that I should eat 1400 cals a day to lose 1-2lb a week. I initially started with this, but have reduced it to 1200, as I found I was eating at night, purely to make up calories. (once my blood sugars had stabilised, I stopped getting the crash in blood sugar levels, which made me hungry-I'm doing low carb as well btw) If I was a healthy weight, 1200 kcals would not be a good idea, but being 'obese', I have a lot of fuel reserve wrapped around my body :) As long as I get my quota of essential nutrients, 1200 is fine. I do get very hungry sometimes though-if that's the case, I simply eat more, upto about 1500kcals a day. It's miserable being hungry and I refuse to waste a day feeling like that.

So I am not alone. Perhaps this is where the answer lies?!

:) maybe it is! Although I always try to come up with a counter argument! If someone eats dinner at 5 pm, then has breakfast at 8am, that's 15 hours fast. I have my dinner at 8pm (by the time I get home from work and made dinner etc) and have some lunch at about midday...that's 16 hours fast. Not that much difference really :)

I missed a few days food diary!

Sunday:

Lunch: salad bowl: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, boiled egg, beetroot, gherkin, cheese triangle: 250 cals
Dinner: beef stroganoff, with cauliflour 'rice': 400 cals
Dessert: chocolate orange cheesecake 300 cals
Milk (tea): 150 cals
Snacks: sugar free jelly, 2 cheese triangles: 68

Total: 1168 (plus plenty of spoon licking whilst making cheesecake)

Monday:

Lunch: omelette 250
Dinner: Fish pie filling, with bubble and squeak topping
Dessert: chocolate orange cheesecake with banana (710 for main and dessert)
Snacks: 2 cheese triangles 50
Milk (tea): 150

total: 1160 (again, plus spoon licking!)

Last edited:
xlilxmissxbx said:
Hi guys im a newbie to CC. I've lost a stone and a half doing slimming world but put half that stone bk on. Just feel like Sw isn't working for me anymore. So 1st day of cc for me. Enjoying it so far. How did u all decide on how much cals u shld have a day? x

If you go onto an online calculator and work out your BMR and TDEE, you need to be eating somewhere between those two figures in order to lose in a healthy and sustainable way. Whatever you do, don't eat too few calories - that way lies disaster, lol. :) xx

Hey Alex, how are you getting on? :)

Hiya Erin-I'm getting on really well thank you! I've now lost 1st 9 (and a bit) since 7th may. My cravings for 'bad' food are slowly going away-this has NEVER happened to me on a diet before. I've always become more and more tempted as time goes on.

I got on a bike for the first time in over 10 years today-apart from a very ouchy bum, it wasn't too bad :)

How are you getting on? Any words of wisdom? :)

Back