Izzyhew's dizzy start to diet......

Thanks texty, I will have a look for the wednesday weigh in thread :)

I have chosen a few diarys to read, I will read them and then move on to others, I didn't want to do too much zig zagging, loving the stories :) .

I can live with slow and steady so long as it's moving in the right direction, you've done great to shift those stones!

Thanks hun - as long as its coming off im happy. Just need to decide now where I set my target

perhaps you will just know when you get there?

Had a lovely day with daughter at her drumming thing, they did well. For lunch I had He cheese, crackers, salsa and salad, and for tea I had a baked potato and beans with sausages. It was supposed to just be beans but I picked the wrong tins up when shopping, woe is me :cry:, anyway I had syns spare so it's ok. Hubby was having pizza but I didn't so yay me!

Did you make your own salsa hun? and did you syn the crackers?

I originally said I want to get to 11st - that means I have another 14lbs to go, people are already saying ive lost enough, Im gonna see how I feel when I get to within a few lbs of 11st and see how I feel. The thing is its still coming off my boobs and I want it off my hips and tummy lol

I know the weight never comes off where we want it to does it! :confused: The only reason I know my long term target is because I have been there before and liked myself that size.

I synned the crackers and the salsa both, as it was dorritos salsa dip! The crackers were wholemeal crackers and can be HE's but I had already used mine for bread that day. All in it was about 6 syns if I remember correctly, it's all down in my sw diary anyway. Between that and my accidental sausages in with my beans and dashes of milk for tea I was 14.5 syns yesterday, but I guess that's what they are for.

Wondering what today will bring, my son has a couple hours with his childminder-to-be on Mondays, I'm not working again until September but I want him to be at ease with her. She is practically family now as she looked after my daughter for 7 years and we see her lots anyway. I might come home and continue my clearing out.

We have what should be a lovely house but it's gotten a bit out of control of late, we have too much stuff and I haven't kept on top of things. In the last month I have thinned out our stuff in the living room, so it is looking much nicer, started on the kitchen but it's not finished yet, as well as clearing out that cupboard the other day. I also had a pile of stuff at the bottom of the stairs that just sat there for months as it didn't have a proper place, but I have sorted that out as well. Getting there slowly.

Our carpet in the living room really needs replaced too, but we are waiting to see if hubby is getting a promotion at work because otherwise we can't really afford it just now.

Ah well, enough ramblings, need to get stuff ready! Haven't had my brekkie yet either and i don't like to skip!

Oh and I'm not sure I would listen to 'people' regarding how much more you should lose. I think we all get used to seeing someone look a certain way, so for a person who has been overweight that bigger size is what they are known to look like, and a big change can then look sort of wrong in the eyes of others, because it's not the picture they connect with that person. however it was the bigger size they were used to that is wrong (for want of a better word) it's actually our health that matters much more than what we look like even to ourselves as much as others. The BMI scale isn't perfect either so it's not as simple to judge by that either. Just be true to yourself and what feels right for you x

sorted out my filing cabinet today so that is all good,

Had bowl of fruit for brekkie with a drizzle of maple syrup (1syn) then was a very bad Izzy as never got around to lunch. Had baked potato with quorn chilli HE cheese and plenty peppers, onions and courgette, and then some ff yoghurt blended with frozen fruit it was quite nice.

Still haven't had my HEb but not sure what to have I am still full up :rolleyes: plenty syns left too, but I don't need those. might have a low cal hot choc though :p

Sounds like you have had a productive day. I never take notice of the BMI scale anyway lol. Ive had a good day foodwise I just want WI outta the way to see if theres any damage from the weekend and possibly not eating enough

Last night I started to get a sore back, it affected my snoozing, and I have woken up and it's worse grrrr. I feel a bit off centre and lop sided. In addition my disgustingly fit husband has gone off for some early morning training and has snaffled the last bananas :cry:Most mornings I have a banana on toast or a pile of fruit but it's just not the same without banana. Woe is me I only have grapes , apples and pears lol.

I made too much frozen fruit and yoghurt last night so I froze it, I'm wondering if that will turn out ok, I know it will need a while to soften before it will be edible though. I think I might treat myself to bacon and egg with tomatoes for breakfast... Beef stir fry for lunch, might try and make it an original day! Yesterday turned out to be green. usually EE.

I had a sneaky weigh and it's showing 2lb's down woohoo, fingers crossed it says the same tomorrow which is my official day. I have to hope my back gets better too, because I wanted to have my first session of week 2 on couch to 5k, but there is no way I could jog just now. It;s difficult because with a baby I have to pick him up from his cot/sit on toys/high chair/floor and none of that feels easy today :grumble:

Need to take something out of the freezer for this evening......chicken, mince or fish..????? decisions decisions. I had quorn mince yesterday and having beef for lunch so perhaps chicken or fish....

Aw that's not so good about the sore back, there really is nothing worse. Hopefully it wears off soon and you'll be able to keep going with C25K. Fingers crossed that the scales stay the same for your official weigh in.... or better! :D

Thanks Bev :D Hubby has taken over this afternoon and I had a nice sleep, which I felt in need of lol, must be getting old. Anyway I am about to get back up as daughter is now home from school and stuff to do. She has her drum practice to attend tonight and I am planning walkies with a friend this evening provided my back lasts! It's mostly ok once I am moving.

On target so far food wise, had the stir fry as planned and I ate my left over frozen berries and yogurt, having fish for tea, not sure what with...... usually do wedges or chips (free ones) but I am experimenting with the original/green days. I will see, I haven't eaten anything that would be wrong on EE, so I can switch if I want to, I love the freedom of this.

I had fish with tomatoes and HE cheese on top, with carrot chips and asparagus :)

and then had a 3.4 mile walk with my friend, which didn't hurt my back so fingers crossed I can get on my treadmill tomorrow! Still hurts when I first sit down or stand up tho :(

I think I might have a hot choc and a go ahead apple slice...5 syns together but I got em going free... could even have 2 slices! syns will be up to 14.5 if I do. Think I deserve it after long walkies!

official weigh day tomorrow :)

Right, HE cheese and HE toast for brekkie (still no banana's :( ) I have some left over mixed beans to use up so will likely do those with some onions and peppers, passatta and pasta for lunch, will have to be an EE day though as we're having pork chops for tea, in a chinese marinade I think.

Going out to a baby group today, I haven't bothered with any of these as I never felt the need, but I think my son needs to get used to being around other children before he goes to my childminder full time in Sept. At the moment he really only see's one quiet little boy once a week for an hour or so, and every third week when she takes him to her childminders group he gets upset with all the noise, so if I take him to a group once a week I am hoping it is enough to get him used to it all!

My back still hurts but deffo still going to try my 2nd week couch to 5k, and my walk to baby group and back will be over a mile too.

my pasta lunch is made, but i want to do my treadmilling soon and will eat it after that. Baby group went well, and it is a mile just there and back but a mile is still good lol.

I am feeding baby currently and hoping he will nap soon allowing me to get on treadmill, I don't know what my chances are as I am hurting quite a lot again, but I want to at least try.

weds is always a tiny bit dangerous as I have to sit for an hour waiting on my daughter as she attends a sport thing and in the past i always had a cheeky hot chocolate. Now I'm not certain how many syns would be in that but I know it would be more than I want to spend, so in recent weeks I have been having a nice herbal tea instead, tonight was peppermint :)

our pork chops are marinading in the fridge, here is the recipe I use if anyone is interested...

Chinese Five Spice Pork Chops recipe - All recipes UK

I substitute some balsamic vinegar for the wine, and don't bother with the cornflour, although I might try it tonight to see what it is like. I guess you could substitute the sugar for sweetner but I never have as it only works out at 1/4 syn per chop. I might look up the cornflour and see how much it would cost me. I put the chops and the marinade in a zip lock bag and leave them in the fridge for an hour or two. I guess it would work for other meats but I have never tried that yet.

Back