January challenge

It is very hard to face the world sometimes when we feel so bad, but ladies we gotta fight to live. I still go out and face things, some days it's hood, other days all I think about is how I must look. But we are beautiful because of who we are not how we look, and that is true. I'm looking forward to hearing how we all change and grow in confidence and become the people we were created to be. Xx

I'm in too. Going for 2lbs a week and only got 4 WIs in January

Hershey 20lbs to go 0lbs lost
Jayde 5 lbs to go 0lbs lost
Bigbear 13lbs to go 0lbs lost
Destamia 20 lbs to go - 0 lbs lost
Jules1981 10 lbs to go- 0 lbs lost
LottieBird 20 lbs to go - 0 lbs lost
PrincessSparklePants 14lb to go - 0lbs lost
CaroleM 14lbs go to 0lbs lost
S_J_B 8lbs to go - 0lbs lost

I do go out but only because of my son really. but today we walked up the shops and i wasnt out of breath when we got back -(only a 10 min walk either way) but its a small victory. i also can hardly do my seatbelt up in my dads car. i need to do something. Hopefully the more I loose the more confident I will get about going out., But I also suffer from bad depression, anxiety and psychosis (been hospitalized 3 times in the past 2 years so its bad :() and that means I struggle to go out as suffer from bad panic attacks too. Hmm. xxx

Why I need to do this ..

This is why I need to do this ...

• I cant stand for more than 5 minutes before my back starts to hurt
  • I am finding it hard to fit into my car behind the wheel
  • Cleaning the house is a major task
  • I cant travel/fly for work so that affects my job capability
  • I dont sleep well so I am exhausted all day again affecting my job
  • We dont go abroad on holiday anymore because I cannot fly
  • I am too exhausted to go on any other kind of holiday because I cannot walk
  • We have not had a proper holiday for a few years
  • We used to go to the states every year and we still want to
    • Do route 66
    • Fly into NY and drive down the East coast from there to the Florida Keys
    • Go to Canada
    • Go to Italy - would so love to go to Rome
  • I got cancer this year and beat it .. I dont want to go there again
  • I cant even walk my dogs .. shameful
  • I feel old before my time and I am shortening my life drastically
  • I cannot do fun things with my husband like ride our harley's
  • I can't go the theatre because Im too fat for the seats and I hate stairs
  • Many more too numerous to list them .....

Last edited:
1lb on over xmas, so just adjusting my target :)

Bigbear 14lbs to go 0lbs lost

Evening all, will join you this month. Aiming for 7lbs off :)

PurpleRoses 7lbs to go - 0lb lost

I have decided to so something really drastic for me because I normally avoid these like the plague. I am going to buy a big mirror. In our house there is only a small shaving mirror which I use for my hair and make-up. I am absolutely convinced if I had bothered to be looking at myself as I am from time to time then I wouldn't be nearly in so bad a place. I only go by this image I have in my head and it's not the reality. So, tough love move number one - I am fitting out my weight loss armoury with a darned big mirror and I am going to force myself to use it!

Bigbear - 1lb on over xmas, so just adjusting my target :)

That's not bad at all. Well done!

Well done on the walking Jules and don't worry - the more weight you lose the more confident you will become. It won't solve all life's troubles I am afraid - thin people have problems too - but it will sure help us all a lot xx

I do go out but only because of my son really. but today we walked up the shops and i wasnt out of breath when we got back -(only a 10 min walk either way) but its a small victory. i also can hardly do my seatbelt up in my dads car. i need to do something. Hopefully the more I loose the more confident I will get about going out., But I also suffer from bad depression, anxiety and psychosis (been hospitalized 3 times in the past 2 years so its bad :() and that means I struggle to go out as suffer from bad panic attacks too. Hmm. xxx

Enjoy this evening everyone :) our new start x

awesome i found this room for us who have that little bit extra to lose..have a LOTT OF WEIGHT to lose.

would love to join in on this challenge, gonna aim for 14lbs and see how i go :)

Nazia80 14lbs to go - 0lbs lose

I have decided to so something really drastic for me because I normally avoid these like the plague. I am going to buy a big mirror. In our house there is only a small shaving mirror which I use for my hair and make-up. I am absolutely convinced if I had bothered to be looking at myself as I am from time to time then I wouldn't be nearly in so bad a place. I only go by this image I have in my head and it's not the reality. So, tough love move number one - I am fitting out my weight loss armoury with a darned big mirror and I am going to force myself to use it!
I do the same! I only look at my face, it's how ive kidded myself I'm not that huge! But I am!
Well done on the big step :) xxx

Well done on the walking Jules and don't worry - the more weight you lose the more confident you will become. It won't solve all life's troubles I am afraid - thin people have problems too - but it will sure help us all a lot xx

Thanks hun, I go into my sons nursery to play for an hour a week they have tiny chairs to sit on cant wait till I fit on them better. Yep you are right thin people have problems too. xxx

Good morning/afternoon everyone :) welcome new joiners and hello!

This is day 1 (for most of us) and today is going to be the fattest we'll ever be. Never again will we be so unhappy with ourselves. Every single meal you have that's healthy and within the limits of your chosen diet is a victory. Every time you feel like going off track but you resist, is a victory.
Every day you fall into bed, albeit hungry, knowing you did the best you could is a victory. And your reward is seeing the numbers drop, your clothes will feel looser and you will feel so proud of yourself. Weighing in and updating your stats, your ticket, your mfp, your january challenge and your 2015 challenge is going to feel amazing each and every week.

We will remember how we feel about ourselves at this very moment and will never feel it again. This is our year. We will stand together in the face of totm or down times when we want to purge and we will encourage eachother. We are all in the same boat heading for the same destination. We are Team 2015. We will succeed.

Im in. Thanks for setting this up. It's going to be a big help. X

Nazia80 14lbs to go - 0lbs lose
Nannacath 10lbs to go - 0lbs lost

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think this is great idea. Its funny I caught myself unaware in a mirror at friends the other day ( I know where all of mine are so don't look unless braced to do so!) and the reflection wasn't as bad as I'd thought! REckon it might have be one from funfair that makes you look thinner :p

Happy new year everyone - success to us all for 2015 xx

:new_year:

Good morning/afternoon everyone :) welcome new joiners and hello!

This is day 1 (for most of us) and today is going to be the fattest we'll ever be. Never again will we be so unhappy with ourselves. Every single meal you have that's healthy and within the limits of your chosen diet is a victory. Every time you feel like going off track but you resist, is a victory.
Every day you fall into bed, albeit hungry, knowing you did the best you could is a victory. And your reward is seeing the numbers drop, your clothes will feel looser and you will feel so proud of yourself. Weighing in and updating your stats, your ticket, your mfp, your january challenge and your 2015 challenge is going to feel amazing each and every week.

We will remember how we feel about ourselves at this very moment and will never feel it again. This is our year. We will stand together in the face of totm or down times when we want to purge and we will encourage eachother. We are all in the same boat heading for the same destination. We are Team 2015. We will succeed.

Well said - we can do it Team 2015 :party0011:

I'm all signed up ready to go. Start tomorrow so next Friday will be Wi 1. Let's do this :)

I'm all signed up ready to go. Start tomorrow so next Friday will be Wi 1. Let's do this :)

Yay me too! Can't wait for 1st weigh in :) x

We just had our last of the holiday meals with the family and I was surprisingly restrained. Only had two courses instead of their 4. First had prawns and salad then a little meat and some veggies. I think my head space has changed and for me that's pivotal. Once my head is there I can focus on the job at hand and be in the zone. You have to get your mind right ..... to that end I am definitely starting a journal today and I am going to need to find myself a focus shift for those inevitable moments of weakness. I would love to say exercise but I am such a lazy bum when it comes to that - yeuch. Who knows - maybe I can learn to love it :) but for now I'm not holding my breath lol xx

Back