JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

That's awful. Who does he think he is to judge you, especially after everything you've been through in the past year!! I can see why you're reluctant to go through the complaint procedure at the minute though, I think I'd be the same. My docs doesn't even see us if we want a sick note, they just get a doctor to ring us, we tell them why we want it and they leave it at reception for us to collect. Xx

They can just be so inconsiderate sometimes and they're supposed to be part of a caring profession. Really shocking.

Hubby asked why I didnt kick off at him (which I usually would have done under normal circumstances) but he really took me by surprise talking to me like that and I think that..mixed with wanting to get out of there as quick as possible stopped me.

I rang the Receptionist and have told them to put on my record that I do not want to see that doctor again. Just only want to see the lady doctor next time..the male doctors clearly dont have the understanding of how crap you can feel in early pregnancy!

ARGHHHHHH!!

Hiyaaaa

I've been feeling really really awful again so haven't really come on much :) I really just want to feel normal again now - I've been feeling awful since 6 weeks (and have been off work since then too)

So glad to hear Sid is ok after your scare :)

I'm 11 weeks today and got my 12 week scan a week tomorrow so that's exciting hehe.

Xx

Hiyaaaa

I've been feeling really really awful again so haven't really come on much :) I really just want to feel normal again now - I've been feeling awful since 6 weeks (and have been off work since then too)

So glad to hear Sid is ok after your scare :)

I'm 11 weeks today and got my 12 week scan a week tomorrow so that's exciting hehe.

Xx

Thanks hun. We don't know yet it is but it's where it shud b so that's something. Hav a scan 2 weeks from today (on bf's 30tg bday) so they can check everything's ok so praying it will b.

11 weeks. Wow. That's flown (for me)

Sorry uv been feeling so pants hun n hopefully it'll start calming soon for ya. Just think of yer wickle bundle at the end :)

Thanks hun. We don't know yet it is but it's where it shud b so that's something. Hav a scan 2 weeks from today (on bf's 30tg bday) so they can check everything's ok so praying it will b.

11 weeks. Wow. That's flown (for me)

Sorry uv been feeling so pants hun n hopefully it'll start calming soon for ya. Just think of yer wickle bundle at the end :)

Thats the thing - it always goes so quickly for everyone else but for me it feels like its been a lifetime! (Especially with all the sickness and being off work too)

I just wanna start feeling better and get back to work and start enjoying the pregnancy :-( I shouldnt complain really, I have to remember that all these symptoms are a good sign despite how much of a pain in the arse they are lol

At least 2 weeks isnt too long to wait until your next scan :-D Exciting!

XX

Thats the thing - it always goes so quickly for everyone else but for me it feels like its been a lifetime! (Especially with all the sickness and being off work too)

I just wanna start feeling better and get back to work and start enjoying the pregnancy :-( I shouldnt complain really, I have to remember that all these symptoms are a good sign despite how much of a pain in the arse they are lol

At least 2 weeks isnt too long to wait until your next scan :-D Exciting!

XX

I know what you mean.. I've only known i'm PG for a week n 4 days.. Feels like a month!!! Don't know how I'll last the next near 8 months!!!!

So - 11+2 today and its been an 'ok' day.

Starting to feel really fed up with feeling so constantly sick. Threw up about an hour ago. I mean, I know its a sign that the baby is fine but its also stopping me being able to actually enjoy being pregnant. All I can think about is how rough I feel and how I just want the sickness to go away now. I mean seriously..how much longer?! I really want to feel like normal again and go back to work.

On the upside - got my 12 week scan on Tuesday and Im really looking forward to it. Baby should look more like a baby than a bean and hopefully it will take away some of my anxiety knowing everything is fine :p

So - 11+2 today and its been an 'ok' day.

Starting to feel really fed up with feeling so constantly sick. Threw up about an hour ago. I mean, I know its a sign that the baby is fine but its also stopping me being able to actually enjoy being pregnant. All I can think about is how rough I feel and how I just want the sickness to go away now. I mean seriously..how much longer?! I really want to feel like normal again and go back to work.

On the upside - got my 12 week scan on Tuesday and Im really looking forward to it. Baby should look more like a baby than a bean and hopefully it will take away some of my anxiety knowing everything is fine :p

I know what you mean. I'm getting better, kind of, but still nowhere near well enough to go back to work. And my sick note runs out on Monday.

Got my scan on Friday at 11. Looking forward to it but still nervous that something could have happened since my scan last Tuesday. I don't think the worry will ever go :(

Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

I know what you mean. I'm getting better, kind of, but still nowhere near well enough to go back to work. And my sick note runs out on Monday.

Got my scan on Friday at 11. Looking forward to it but still nervous that something could have happened since my scan last Tuesday. I don't think the worry will ever go :(

Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Yeah, my sick note runs out end of this week...due back on Monday. Not happening though, I just dont feel well enough to go back yet.

I really hope that the feeling rough part ends soon...my friend said she started feeling better at 16 weeks but I know that everyone is different.

Either way - I wont go back until I know I feel better because otherwise I wont be able to make it through a working day anyway

Ooooohh...exciting about your scan! Not long now! I think every woman is going to feel nervous until after the 12 week scan to be honest. I know how you feel though and its the reason why I had scans at 8 and 10 weeks. Was well worth the money :) Im sure baby will be just fine :)

XX

Yeah, my sick note runs out end of this week...due back on Monday. Not happening though, I just dont feel well enough to go back yet.

I really hope that the feeling rough part ends soon...my friend said she started feeling better at 16 weeks but I know that everyone is different.

Either way - I wont go back until I know I feel better because otherwise I wont be able to make it through a working day anyway

Ooooohh...exciting about your scan! Not long now! I think every woman is going to feel nervous until after the 12 week scan to be honest. I know how you feel though and its the reason why I had scans at 8 and 10 weeks. Was well worth the money :) Im sure baby will be just fine :)

XX

I had scans at 7 & 10-11 (not sure exactly how far I am until Friday) and it was all fine but doesn't stop the worrying. And I feel guilty for moaning about how I feel when I've spend god knows how many years moaning that I just want a baby!!

You know yourself what's right for you, if you don't feel well enough to work don't push it. I'm lucky that I get full sick pay for up to 6 months and I've had 6 weeks so far. Won't take the pee but think ill have to get another one for the next week or so the way I feel. I don't mean this to sound the way it does but I'm glad someone else is having to be on sick too, makes me feel like less of a moaner. Obviously I wish we could both go back to work feeling 100% but knowing that its not just me needing to be at home makes me feel less guilty. A few people at work have said things like "ooh it must be bad, I didn't have any sick with mine" and I feel like they're basically saying "man up, you're pregnant, not poorly". But I don't owe them anything and as long as little plum is healthy I couldn't care less what people think of me xx

I had scans at 7 & 10-11 (not sure exactly how far I am until Friday) and it was all fine but doesn't stop the worrying. And I feel guilty for moaning about how I feel when I've spend god knows how many years moaning that I just want a baby!!

You know yourself what's right for you, if you don't feel well enough to work don't push it. I'm lucky that I get full sick pay for up to 6 months and I've had 6 weeks so far. Won't take the pee but think ill have to get another one for the next week or so the way I feel. I don't mean this to sound the way it does but I'm glad someone else is having to be on sick too, makes me feel like less of a moaner. Obviously I wish we could both go back to work feeling 100% but knowing that its not just me needing to be at home makes me feel less guilty. A few people at work have said things like "ooh it must be bad, I didn't have any sick with mine" and I feel like they're basically saying "man up, you're pregnant, not poorly". But I don't owe them anything and as long as little plum is healthy I couldn't care less what people think of me xx

Agreed - I have been worrying about taking so much time off and I really seriously do wonder how other pregnant women do it. But - a lot of pregnant women just get nausea rather than full on sickness etc. If I had just nausea and other minor symptoms then I would have been at work this whole time. (Time would probably have gone a bit quicker too!!)

I do wonder what colleagues are saying about me because Ive previously had so much time off because of the miscarriages too but at the end of the day my main concern is baby and when I leave this job to have my baby...I wont be going back lol Me and hubby already decided that quite some time ago.

Eeeeeeeeee!! Your 12 week scan is tomorrow! Woop!!

XX

Hi ladies, just want to reassure you that it does get better. This is my 5th pregnancy and I have had severe sickness with 4 of them. It's not just the being sick, it's the lack of energy, the dizzy spells mainly the not being able to function properly. It's truly awful. I think I said before I was off for 8 weeks in total with each. When I was pregnant with my 1st I went back too soon and ended up passing out, I learnt my lesson. It's hard not to feel guilty about taking time off work. At the end of the day you have to think about yourself and bub, nothing else is important. Any how it does get better and you do wake up one day and its disappeared I promise. I don't know about you guys but this 1st tri really does go on. Hope your all ok....

Agreed - I have been worrying about taking so much time off and I really seriously do wonder how other pregnant women do it. But - a lot of pregnant women just get nausea rather than full on sickness etc. If I had just nausea and other minor symptoms then I would have been at work this whole time. (Time would probably have gone a bit quicker too!!)

I do wonder what colleagues are saying about me because Ive previously had so much time off because of the miscarriages too but at the end of the day my main concern is baby and when I leave this job to have my baby...I wont be going back lol Me and hubby already decided that quite some time ago.

Eeeeeeeeee!! Your 12 week scan is tomorrow! Woop!!

XX

I'm not actually being sick now, I can handle nausea on its own. I've spent ALL day with headache again. It's so bad I'm struggling to even see my phone screen. I've got cooling packs on my head, I've even caved and a couple of paracetamol but no help.

I wish I could not go back after bubs is here but unfortunately we can't afford it. Won't be going back full time which is ok. Probably 3 and half days a week. My dad and step mum will be having baby so luckily I don't need childcare.

Looking forward to scan but nervous too. Xx

Hiya, sorry I know I haven't been on here in ages, and I'm running now too, but just wanted to say, a can of coke will help the headache, something about the caffeine or something in it. Sorry not too informative but give it ago xx

Hiya, sorry I know I haven't been on here in ages, and I'm running now too, but just wanted to say, a can of coke will help the headache, something about the caffeine or something in it. Sorry not too informative but give it ago xx

But caffeine isn't good for baby????

But caffeine isn't good for baby????

Too much caffeine is thought to be bad for the baby, but one can is not too much. Same as a couple teas. Its safe and it does help headaches, I find it helps my migraines it I take it early enough. Dont' be drinking it every day though ha xx

If you've cut caffeine out completely the headache could be caffeine withdrawal too. My sister gave up caffeine cold turkey and had the worst headache for about a week. I'm trying to have a little bit of caffeine (no where near the safe limit they say) but seems to be keeping headaches away for the moment.... plus it's helping me function on days I feel very tired! ;) hope the headaches clear for you girls :)

Can of coke for me too then!!! I stopped having caffeine when I was about 5 weeks and the headaches only really started last week so not sure it's withdrawal headaches now I'm 12 weeks. My sister got really bad headaches with my nephew too. Scan at 11 so as soon as I've had it ill be having some coke :)

Back