JOEYJOJO'S PREGNANCY DIARY

Hope the scan goes well :) how exciting! 12 weeks seems forever away for me! I've known I'm pregnant for 1week and that feels like its been a month! It's going to be a long 40 weeks! Hehe

Hi ladies, just want to reassure you that it does get better. This is my 5th pregnancy and I have had severe sickness with 4 of them. It's not just the being sick, it's the lack of energy, the dizzy spells mainly the not being able to function properly. It's truly awful. I think I said before I was off for 8 weeks in total with each. When I was pregnant with my 1st I went back too soon and ended up passing out, I learnt my lesson. It's hard not to feel guilty about taking time off work. At the end of the day you have to think about yourself and bub, nothing else is important. Any how it does get better and you do wake up one day and its disappeared I promise. I don't know about you guys but this 1st tri really does go on. Hope your all ok....

Hey Rachael, Im glad to hear that it does get better! It doesnt feel like it will ever get better at the moment!

Roughly when did you start feeling better in your pregnancies or was it different each time?

XX

If you've cut caffeine out completely the headache could be caffeine withdrawal too. My sister gave up caffeine cold turkey and had the worst headache for about a week. I'm trying to have a little bit of caffeine (no where near the safe limit they say) but seems to be keeping headaches away for the moment.... plus it's helping me function on days I feel very tired! ;) hope the headaches clear for you girls :)
I've only stopped drinking tea since about a week ago.. coz it makes me feel ill!! But had swapped to decaff coffee while still TTC.. So not sure my headaches are caffeine withdrawel.. I get allot of headaches anyway without being pg.. But this is a different kind of headache.. Hope that makes sense!! I have slacked a bit on water and I know dehydration can cause headaches so I have my 2 bottles on my desk ready n waiting to be drank.. :)

Can of coke for me too then!!! I stopped having caffeine when I was about 5 weeks and the headaches only really started last week so not sure it's withdrawal headaches now I'm 12 weeks. My sister got really bad headaches with my nephew too. Scan at 11 so as soon as I've had it ill be having some coke :)
Ooh oober exciting.. Do make sure to let us know how you get on... GL xxx
Hope the scan goes well :) how exciting! 12 weeks seems forever away for me! I've known I'm pregnant for 1week and that feels like its been a month! It's going to be a long 40 weeks! Hehe
Ha.. I hear ya!! Feel like I've been PG months and I've only known 2 weeks today... lol

It seems like I've been pregnant forever!! Found out at 4-5 weeks so feels like I should be about 6 months by now. Haha.

Good luck for your scan today Sarah!! :)

Will be looking forward to your good news, hehe

XX

Thanks hun. Will change title of my diary and ask admin to move to pregnancy bit as soon as I know all is ok xx

Hey Rachael, Im glad to hear that it does get better! It doesnt feel like it will ever get better at the moment!

Roughly when did you start feeling better in your pregnancies or was it different each time?

XX
Hi for me it was about 14 weeks that I returned to work. Sickness had usually subsided by then, but energy levels stayed low for a few weeks longer. I'm 11+2 today and I'm on Cyclizine anti sickness tabs (have been able to reduce to just 1 a day instead of 3). They have really helped!! Hope today is a better day for you. I remember the house bound thing too well. There's only so much This Morning, Loose Women and Australian soaps that you can watch before slowly going insane. Keep with it chick, only a few more days until scan. It does get better I promise...

Hi for me it was about 14 weeks that I returned to work. Sickness had usually subsided by then, but energy levels stayed low for a few weeks longer. I'm 11+2 today and I'm on Cyclizine anti sickness tabs (have been able to reduce to just 1 a day instead of 3). They have really helped!! Hope today is a better day for you. I remember the house bound thing too well. There's only so much This Morning, Loose Women and Australian soaps that you can watch before slowly going insane. Keep with it chick, only a few more days until scan. It does get better I promise...

Hopefully it will all go away soon. Ive been to doctors this morning and been signed off for another 2 weeks which means I would be due to return to work when Im 14 weeks.

I know what you mean about the TV lol Daytime TV sucks! I would really seriously rather be at work and feeling 'normal' rather than stuck at home with nothing to think about other than how rough I feel *sigh*

XX

Hopefully it will all go away soon. Ive been to doctors this morning and been signed off for another 2 weeks which means I would be due to return to work when Im 14 weeks.

I know what you mean about the TV lol Daytime TV sucks! I would really seriously rather be at work and feeling 'normal' rather than stuck at home with nothing to think about other than how rough I feel *sigh*

XX
Glad you've got another two weeks off, hope you didn't get any hassle this time from Dr.

Glad you've got another two weeks off, hope you didn't get any hassle this time from Dr.

Luckily not! I made an appointment with the lady doctor that I had been seeing before. She was so understanding compared to the last male doctor.

Dont think I want to see a male doctor again! lol They just dont understand...

X

11+5

So today I actually feel relatively normal! Ive felt better since I threw up yesterday late morning. Weird.

Probably will feel better for a day or so and then it will all come back again as per usual lol :-( Making the most of feeling ok though...its nice to be able to relax and not feel like cr@p even if just for a little while

Even managed to make myself bacon sandwiches...MIRACLE!

Hope everyone else is good? :)

XX

11+5

So today I actually feel relatively normal! Ive felt better since I threw up yesterday late morning. Weird.

Probably will feel better for a day or so and then it will all come back again as per usual lol :-( Making the most of feeling ok though...its nice to be able to relax and not feel like cr@p even if just for a little while

XX
Yay, maybe just maybe this is the beginning of dare I say it.... Normal?? After being poorly for so long it's hard to remember how that feels, right!! My hubby to be went to Glastonbury on Tuesday and isn't back until Monday. Thought it was going to be a nightmare ( he wouldn't have gone it I was still too ill) but its actually been ok. Feels good to function.
Only 3 more sleeps until scan day for you and 5 for me. Can't come soon enough, this has been a long old tri.... Hope your still having a good day, and a big YUM to the bacon sarnies.....

11+5

XX

Yay, fingers crossed that it stays away. And well done on the bacon sarnie!! It's hard to understand until it affects you how much of a challenge something like that is!!

Exciting for the scan too, will you be telling everyone then? Xx

Challenge is EXACTLY how I would describe trying to get those bacon sarnies into me lol

SO excited for my scan, bit nervous too. Its like you've said before Sarah...the fear that something has gone wrong in the last 2 weeks :(

We may have to wait until Ive gone back to work before announcing (when i'll be 14 weeks). Sooo...an extra 2 weeks to wait lol Both our familes already know though so it will just be friends so not too bad :)

X

Challenge is EXACTLY how I would describe trying to get those bacon sarnies into me lol

SO excited for my scan, bit nervous too. Its like you've said before Sarah...the fear that something has gone wrong in the last 2 weeks :(

We may have to wait until Ive gone back to work before announcing (when i'll be 14 weeks). Sooo...an extra 2 weeks to wait lol Both our familes already know though so it will just be friends so not too bad :)

X

I was the same with the scan. I know it's daft but I was too scared to let myself get excited in case I was tempting fate. Stupid I know but I do daft things like that. Ill be the same when we go to the midwife on 29th July because she said she'll listen to the heartbeat then.

An extra two weeks isn't so bad after all this time. I'm gonna go get another sick note on Monday, the last four days have been a massive struggle, I feel like in going backwards. I've even contemplated staying off until my midwife appt at 16 ish weeks and asking her to write me a note so I can go back on reduced hours, like a 6 hour shift instead of 10 hours.

Xx

I was the same with the scan. I know it's daft but I was too scared to let myself get excited in case I was tempting fate. Stupid I know but I do daft things like that. Ill be the same when we go to the midwife on 29th July because she said she'll listen to the heartbeat then.

An extra two weeks isn't so bad after all this time. I'm gonna go get another sick note on Monday, the last four days have been a massive struggle, I feel like in going backwards. I've even contemplated staying off until my midwife appt at 16 ish weeks and asking her to write me a note so I can go back on reduced hours, like a 6 hour shift instead of 10 hours.

Xx

Nahhhhh, I dont think the worrying can be helped. I bet every pregnant woman worries regardless. I know what you mean about not tempting fate. Ive been so anxious because the other two times I didnt get to 12 weeks so its quite scary. I hope i'll relax after 12 weeks.

Definitely get another sick note if you need to. Dont feel bad about it because at the end of the day its you and baby that matter the most. Im signed off for another 2 weeks myself which will take me to 7 weeks in a row. My doctor said when I feel like I may be able to go back to work she can do a note for reduced hours so its deffo worth asking.

At the end of the day....if you feel really rubbish, just keep getting signed off. You and I both know we wouldnt make it through a working day if we struggle with basic things at home :)

It is awful just feeling like the sickness/dizzyness will never end. It really takes its toll and gets to the point of feeling like you cant cope doesnt it?

I suppose we have to just remember that one day we will wake up and we feel better. In the meantime...just have to remember that feeling like rubbish just means that the baby is absolutely fine lol

XX

Sooooo, as I have been feeling ok today I thought I would try to satisfy the craving I have had for the last month for egg fried rice and sweet and sour chicken balls from the chinese. Sent hubby to go get it for dinner.

BIG MISTAKE.

It was sooooooo good. But because it was sooooo good I rushed and ate it too quickly. Got to the point where my stomach was bubbling and I just knew I was gunna be sick so went to the kitchen sink.

**TMI ALERT**

For some reason my throat seemed to close up so most of it (lumpy) all came out of my nose.......GROSS.

The rest came out normally but I kept wretching because 'stuff' was still stuck up my nose. Spent the next 20 minutes blowing it out of my nose. Obviously this made me feel awful because I could 'smell' sick because it was still up my nose. Awful.

Anyways - its put me off having the rice again.

However - went right back to eating the sweet and sour chicken balls and some of hubbys chips afterwards haha

My nose still feels weird though

Sooooo, as I have been feeling ok today I thought I would try to satisfy the craving I have had for the last month for egg fried rice and sweet and sour chicken balls from the chinese. Sent hubby to go get it for dinner.

BIG MISTAKE.

It was sooooooo good. But because it was sooooo good I rushed and ate it too quickly. Got to the point where my stomach was bubbling and I just knew I was gunna be sick so went to the kitchen sink.

**TMI ALERT**

For some reason my throat seemed to close up so most of it (lumpy) all came out of my nose.......GROSS.

The rest came out normally but I kept wretching because 'stuff' was still stuck up my nose. Spent the next 20 minutes blowing it out of my nose. Obviously this made me feel awful because I could 'smell' sick because it was still up my nose. Awful.

Anyways - its put me off having the rice again.

However - went right back to eating the sweet and sour chicken balls and some of hubbys chips afterwards haha

My nose still feels weird though

OMG I warned about rice only yesterday lol
Hope u feel better hun xx

Back