Journey of Dietscovery!!

The last few days been good, stayed fully on plan. The weekend is here, this is when I usually struggle, more out of boredom, but have a food plan in place. I will have to go to my nieces house sometimes over the next few days as it is her birthday, usually go for a birthday dinner but hoping to swerve that. Planning to do a top up shop later, breakfast, lunch and dinner is sorted for today but need to pile up with fruit and meals for the next few days. Been scouring everywhere to try and find a few new recipes that would like and are easy to make and not cost a fortune in ingredients.

Not done much body magic the last few days, going to try and get a bit of a walk in today. That is my day planned (hopefully)!!!

The last few days been good, stayed fully on plan. The weekend is here, this is when I usually struggle, more out of boredom, but have a food plan in place. I will have to go to my nieces house sometimes over the next few days as it is her birthday, usually go for a birthday dinner but hoping to swerve that. Planning to do a top up shop later, breakfast, lunch and dinner is sorted for today but need to pile up with fruit and meals for the next few days. Been scouring everywhere to try and find a few new recipes that would like and are easy to make and not cost a fortune in ingredients.

Not done much body magic the last few days, going to try and get a bit of a walk in today. That is my day planned (hopefully)!!!
Well done for the last few days.
What sorts of food do you like? I have spent the last few months researching and finding recipes as well as creating some of my own. As well as recipes on here I bought the first Pinch of Nom book and also one of the Hairy Dieters books. I also look online for recipes too and have found recipes I like which aren’t expensive, especially as I freeze the spare portions so I have easy meals another time. For cheap meals you can’t beat mince - the 5% fat beef mince is £2.79 for 500g at both Aldi and Tesco and that does 4 portions. I love Keema pie, standard cottage pie and Bolognese bake. All are easy to get lots of speed veg in them. Chicken breast also good value. I pay just over £5 for a kilo and I dice that into portions (around 150-175g is plenty) and I use that for various curry recipes I have, or chow mein, or in a Paella I make.
I’m always happy to share recipes or links to them if there’s something specific you fancy trying.

Posted very late, was out stocking up on fruit, spices, store cupboard stuff. First proper shop since I started back, so needed to top up on a lot of stuff, did spend more than expected, but hopefully the staples are there. By time got home was having my lunch at dinner time and dinner as supper. Very pleased with my efforts today, managed to have speed with every meal and had a bit of a walk too. Since the start of lockdown Saturday night was a wine night, (well a lot of nights were lol) my friends would video call and we would all be having a drink. Tonight I batch cooked, planned for the next few days and generally organised myself. That for me is a big achievement, a very fulfilling day all in all. A Saturday night and here I am ready for bed, listening to a bit of music and feeling content. Until tomorrow folks, enjoy the rest of your weekends.

Well done for the last few days.
What sorts of food do you like? I have spent the last few months researching and finding recipes as well as creating some of my own. As well as recipes on here I bought the first Pinch of Nom book and also one of the Hairy Dieters books. I also look online for recipes too and have found recipes I like which aren’t expensive, especially as I freeze the spare portions so I have easy meals another time. For cheap meals you can’t beat mince - the 5% fat beef mince is £2.79 for 500g at both Aldi and Tesco and that does 4 portions. I love Keema pie, standard cottage pie and Bolognese bake. All are easy to get lots of speed veg in them. Chicken breast also good value. I pay just over £5 for a kilo and I dice that into portions (around 150-175g is plenty) and I use that for various curry recipes I have, or chow mein, or in a Paella I make.
I’m always happy to share recipes or links to them if there’s something specific you fancy trying.
I find that I make the same things over and over, then I get a bit fed up. I generally make tomato based pasta, chicken curry, chicken stirfry (I eat a lot of chicken). Roast dinners a lot of salad and omelettes at lunch time. I am now following Pinch of Nom on Insta, to get some ideas. It seems sometimes you need a lot of ingredients to make a dish so I ended up sticking to the ones I know. I took a real dislike to mince, particularly the leaner one so I am missing out on all the minced based meals. Next on my shopping list it to buy a slow cooker and I might buy the Pinch of Nom book too. I lost my regular income so have to save for everything that I need now. Had a nosy on SW app there's piles of recipes on there, going to choose a few that don't cost a small fortune to make and the ingredients are accessible to me. We do not have an Aldi here there always seems to great value stuff there. I generally go between Tesco, Iceland and Lidl they are the most convenient for me to walk to or get public transport to.

Thank you for all suggestion though, it is just finding the time to research the recipes and collate them. But hope to get that done. Until then I will stick to me good ole faithful ones and give them a twist when I can!!

Good afternoon all, could not sleep at all last night, so very late getting up. Not even had a breakfast yet, lots of cups of tea to wake me up. Had a good day yesterday, plenty of speed in all meals and fruit as snacks. Lots of healthy food in, so still deciding what to eat but it will be on plan. It is my nieces birthday tomorrow so will be going to my sisters house at some point. Will refuse dinner if offered and bring a salad and some fruit with me. My WI Tuesday so do not want to ruin it at the 12th hour. Here's to another great day for us all!!!

Had a nightmare with all my food today!! Sliced melon on a cutting board for breakfast. Was the same board had used the night before for cutting onions (although I thought I have thoroughly cleaned it), needless to say my melon came with a hint of onions :(:( Made an omelette for lunch, turned out more like scrambled eggs and was slightly raw :mad:. Made potatoes, gammon and cabbage for dinner, the gammon was overcooked, steamed the cabbage and it ended up pure black and stuck to the steamer with all the water gone!!! Tomorrow another day, I have not been feeling that great the last few days so I am not sure my brain is engaged at all!! Until tomorrow all x

Good afternoon all, was worried today as thought I might have to go to sisters house later as is nieces birthday. Worried that I would be offered a non SW friendly dinner and there would be cake etc. Had planned to eat before I went, but turns out they are all going out for the day. Can stay fully on plan now especially with WI tomorrow. I really hope I get a loss tomorrow as first week back, it would certainly give me a boost. Trying not to do what I did last time and build myself up and then be disappointed. I have a few family celebrations coming up this month and a few next month so trying to monopolise the weeks where I can be fully on plan. To be honest, I am just glad I am eating a lot healthier again, If I hadn't stopped the hamster wheel rolling last week I would be sitting here now feeling awful, and useless and dis-empowered and out of control. Have actually quite enjoyed feeling a lot more in control and having a focus.

Ended up at my sisters, just home, was my nieces birthday today. Said I would go up for half hour just to give her the present. Brought an apple and plum with me as had not had dinner. They all had pizza, crisps, birthday cake and I had a half of apple and a plum, starving hungry when got home, was too late to cook, so just had toast and sardine and cheese as my healthy extra. So proud of myself resisting the temptation, had not planned to have any more bread today and had planned a speed dinner. All the best laid plans and all that. Made me realise that plans (particularly with my family) can throw a spanner in the works and was so pleased I had stocked up on store cupboard and fridge snacks.

Whoop 3 lbs off for me tonight. Very happy with that, had set a personal goal this week of 1.5 lbs. Going to try and replicate what I did last week this week as well. Set a class goal of 1.5 lbs but would love 2 lbs as that would take into next stone. But as I have kept harping on all week about not wanting to be bogged down with the numbers, I will be happy just to be on the plan!!

Whoop 3 lbs off for me tonight. Very happy with that, had set a personal goal this week of 1.5 lbs. Going to try and replicate what I did last week this week as well. Set a class goal of 1.5 lbs but would love 2 lbs as that would take into next stone. But as I have kept harping on all week about not wanting to be bogged down with the numbers, I will be happy just to be on the plan!!
A great start for you. Well done
:woohoo:

Hello all. Had a pretty good day yesterday, upped my body magic a bit. Batched cooked a pot of vegetable and pearl barley soup, lots and lots of speed, I have kinda missed a big bowl of goodness. I adapt it depending on whether I have it as lunch or dinner, I will add some chicken and/or potatoes if I want it a bit more substantial. I did a family-sized pot, but because it is so healthy I usually eat it all over a few days lol.
Not planning on going out today, but if I feel up to it I have painting to finish or I might sort out all my clothes, my "fat ones", the "almost fitting me ones", the "ones that might fit me in a month", "the ones that have no hope of fitting me any time soon"!!!

Last few days been pretty good. WI tomorrow, had a few blips this week but the days I was on was really on in relation to food. Ideally would love to get 2 lbs off as that would take me into next stone, but any loss would be good. Went and did some food shopping today, really forced myself as had very little sleep last night and was nearly feeling ill with the lack of sleep. But got up and walked, felt like I was climbing Everest was such an uphill struggle. Did not walk very fast but at least I upped my steps today as had not been out all weekend. Bought enough for a pile of dinners for the next week, a few lunches and a few breakfasts. A little bit more fruit, can only carry so much.

Have a lot of celebrations coming up over the next few weeks, apart from worrying about going off track I have to go and buy some gifts too, no job at the moment and budget tight, spending a lot more on food at present too. Will walk into town this week and search around, will get me out of house and get me walking a bit more too.

Trying to get a bit more variety into plan this time too, think I got fed up last time having the same stuff over and over and felt totally uninspired. This time I am feeling a little bit more creative and willing to try a few different dishes.

Will post on my food diary shortly.

3rd week into plan and slowly feeling de-motivated. Feel like I had done really well and worked hard last week and STS at last WI. I did have a bit off a blip within that (at the start of the week) but had a couple of syn free days and ate lots of speed to counteract going off plan. Whilst I knew I would not do as good as the first week, I really did think I would lose something. I use this space as therapy and a chance to write my thoughts down, in the hope that I get a clearer picture and become more objective.

Have a baby shower this Sunday, it is during the day and will not involve alcohol but it will involve lots of food and cakes etc, I do not want to go there and not eat anything, or draw attention to the fact I am at SW, I generally do not tell others, apart from close family and friends. Apart from that the temptation may just be too much!!

Plan is to perhaps eat breakfast and lunch before I go to make the temptation a bit less, but in my head right now is the thought of a salad before or the chance to eat cupcakes!!!

Will stay on plan until then, going to walk into town today (1.5 miles) as need to get gift for Sunday, might top up on healthy food and treats. Will try and up my body magic a bit more this week. Promised myself I would take each day as it comes and not pressure myself this time, will try and enjoy it more this time and keep an eye on my mind frame and talk it through on here and in my head so I get back on track again.

Good morning all, a bit tired and sluggish today, having a few cuppas to wake me up. Lots of food to help me stay on plan. Wore a pair of jeans yesterday, they originally did not fit me, could not even get them over my thighs, then last time when I started to lose weight they fitted again and were falling off me and needed a belt for them, think that was the highlight of my plan last time. Piled the weight and did not even attempt to wear them. Decided to try them on yesterday, got them on and zipped and buttoned, were tight around the waist area that my stomach hung over the top. Determined to get them to fit me better.

Sorting out my clothes at the moment, the "fat ones" which I am wearing now, the ones that "kinda" fit me, still a bit tight, the ones "that will fit me soon" and those that are "not going to fit me for a long time". I have lots of clothes that I wore when I lost weight the last time that am dying to get into again, it will take a while, but a good way to see my progress, Was wearing quite a few 12.s last time, now it is mainly 16's, so I reckon need to lose at least 2 stone to even get close to those fitting me again, but will get there at some point.

Great progress on the jeans!

I need to sort out my clothes, have loads that are starting to get too big!
It is great when they are getting too big, I threw a lot of mine out last time and then when I piled it on again, struggled to find anything to wear, so this time (not that I want to be negative) will keep a few and store them away, still wearing them at the moment lol

Back