Jumping ship!!

have fun!!

no ive been a baddy today and couldnt resist the bbq lol ive been 100% for almost 4 weeks tho so its not thay bad. I think ill start juddd tuesday as im off tmro and having a pamper day :)

Hi girls lovely to see some new faces over here x this diet is brill and perfectly doable esp if you are used to a vlcd. I left S+S 2 weeks ago after 3 weeks on it. Fully expected the dreaded gain but I had the sat and sun as Up days they were my first days after leaving S+S on the Fri, then DD on Mon, Wed and Fri and not only did I not gain but I lost 2 lbs, my figures are 426 DD and 2200 UP I am very strict on my DD but not at all on my UP and usually eat my full quota.
I really hope you get along with this diet as it fits in with real life so well, My hubbie usually has a ready meal on my DD and then we eat together on my UP days and on the weekends it doesn't interfere with your social life , you can eat and have a drink with out thinking you have failed. There is a link to an article about alternate day eating which is really interesting and may convince you its a good idea, its on the main page somewhere, give me a shout if you can't find it x

hello!! yes I read the article.it makes so much sense...ive spent most the day researching the diet and I think I will get on really well with it! I am starting on tuesday with a down day
!!!

Look at you, Shanny. When you make up your mind - you go for it.

Hi JUDDers -

I am doing as a few of you are: VLCD products by the book for Down Days and calorie counting with only healthy carbs (mostly) for Up days. Fitness on UP days and 3l of water every day.

I currently reading a book on fixing your metabolism and am going to apply the information gleaned from that to my healthy living plan. I want to lose between 1.5 and two stone plus improve my overall muscle tone and fitness.

I am on MFP but I've not been using it, do after weigh in tomorrow I'll start doing that and it'll be my Day One with Shanny. And we need to post our fitness, too. ;)

Peeps please add me as a friend on mfp! I need the juddders to over take the % of vlcds!

14 lost : 53 to goal

The more I read about it, the more sense it makes.

*Shanny* said:
of course how u finding it? what u eaten today lol

Lol... Nothing to exciting I'm afraid! Cupboards were bare as this was a last minute decision. So crumpets for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch and chicken with cous cous for tea! Now in stuffing biscuits because I had 500+ calories left for the day! Need to plan this better I think!

Loving it tho, could never stuck to my calories limit when I was counting them! Yet today, when i can have loads I end up only using 1200 (before the biscuits lol).

BBQ and wine - how lovely is this diet?

The book is good if you want to read all the science behind the diet but you don't need it to follow the diet because it's so easy :)

ive been reading about it all day sitting in the sun and it really makes sense, some people actually completely fast on down days but im not that heroic...ill just be glad to eat with my husband at the weekend

hey im teetiefunk on mfp and due to start juddd this week x

Can I join the party? Am a low-carber, but seem to naturally juddd anyway. I'd like to try it officially...

Do you do one day on, one day off religiously?

I'm purplephoenyx on mfp if anyone wants to friend me...

Ideally you do UP DOWN and so on, however you can do 2 UP days together (I only do DD on Mon, Wed and Fri, w/ends are UP) However you are NOT supposed to do 2 DD in a row, this diet works on the principal of Feast or Famine, your body never goes into starvation mode and thereby holding onto fat reserves, as it knows its having food within 24 hrs, if you do 2 DD in a row you mess with this , so it is not allowed. You can do an intermediate day which is what you would normally eat if you were cal counting for example for me that would be 1200 cals, it wouldn't be enough to gain weight but enough to keep your body out of starvation mode. HTH

maybe i should just get the book x

You don't need the book, its simples honest ;)
1. 500 or less on a DD
2. Eat freely without overeating on an Up day
3, alternate UP, DOWN, don't do 2 DD together but its accepatable to do 2 UP together
4 Use an intermediate day if you need to (the amount of cals you would allow yourself if cal counting, for me that would be 1200)
5 My personal rules, be strict on your DD enjoy your UP :)

see simples x

You don't need the book, its simples honest ;)
1. 500 or less on a DD
2. Eat freely without overeating on an Up day
3, alternate UP, DOWN, don't do 2 DD together but its accepatable to do 2 UP together
4 Use an intermediate day if you need to (the amount of cals you would allow yourself if cal counting, for me that would be 1200)
5 My personal rules, be strict on your DD enjoy your UP :)

see simples x

Fab explanation -- and for me add'l rule on UP days Planned fitness in mandatory!! And 3 l of water a day, every day!

Been on a mixture of exante and slimandsave vlcds for a few weeks but going to give juddd a go and see how I get on

Hoping I swim and don't sink!

11 lost : 56 to goal

Hows it going ? im on exante and wanting a change

Back