Jumping to JUDDD to get me to goal, and beyond!

Great start cate! Well done! X

Day 2

8am - coffee with milk allowance
9am - two slices of buttered rye bread with two large poached eggs and two slices of ham
2pm - bowl of strawberries and blueberries with full fat Greek yoghurt and two teaspoons of soft dark brown sugar dissolved into the yoghurt; coffee with milk and two small handfuls of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Pebbles
8.30pm - two minced beef skewered kebabs and a burger griddled with an average sized portion of brown basmati rice mixed with finely chopped peppers, baby plum tomatoes, and cucumber with a couple of tablespoons of homemade tzatziki as a dressing and a couple of tablespoons of Sainsbury's 'Taste the Difference' coleslaw and a couple of iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded.

Then four tumblers of Pimms. Aaaaarrrrggghhh!!!!

I was really pleased with my day up until my neighbour asked if she could pinch some of my mint for some Pimms and then asked if I wanted a glass. I said just the one but this turned into four!!! This is the first alcohol past my lips in the past three months. Would have been perfectly happy with my food today but feel that I've ruined things with the Pimms. Almost relieved that it's another DD tomorrow as feeling pretty stuffed tonight.

Last edited:
Thanks for that reassurance. I'm hoping that the lemonade was diet but don't know because my neighbour provided it.

Thanks Kitty. Will think of you for some sense of solidarity if things get tough today!!

It'll be fine. I understand it felt really naughty but don't panic, trust the plan & enjoy the freed it brings you xx

Day 3 - DD

8.30am - Exante shake made with 600mls water
3 x coffees with semi-skimmed milk and about 1600mls water during the day
5.30pm - piece of chicken at mum's (everyone was tucking into a roast and I couldn't resist having a small piece of chicken)
7.30pm - Exante shake made with 600mls water

Have had a niggling head all day today. Not even enough to call it a headache but just a sense of tightness in the centre of my forehead. I think it's a combination of the alcohol yesterday and this oppressive mugginess. I've been drinking loads of water to try and help and it seems to have worked. Anyway, have managed to get through my second down day pretty much unscathed and now just have to distract myself from thoughts of food until bedtime. Think I'll watch the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games - that's on for two hours - and do the ironing and then try to make it to bed for 11pm.

Really looking forward to a good UD tomorrow, then one more DD and then the weekend and two UDs. Fantastic! Have invited a friend and her son over for a BBQ assuming the weather holds.

Hope everyone's had a good day wherever you are in your own cycle.

It'll be fine. I understand it felt really naughty but don't panic, trust the plan & enjoy the freed it brings you xx

Thanks for that Lexie. Yes, the sense of freedom does take some getting used to!

Well done on a great day. I used to have full on really awful headaches on DDs for the first couple of weeks but then they settled.

I've always been really lucky. I've never had a problem with headaches or any other withdrawal side effects even when VLCDing whereas some people have a terrible time. I'm sure this is just a one-off.

Sounds like a great day Cate! Well done :)

WELL JEALOUS. LOL.

No seriously Cate its sounds fab & from your posts it seems that you are more comfortable with this type of plan. It must feel really strange to be able to have so much of a choice after the limitations of Exante. Well done x

Hi Susie, I am finding the DDs challenging as I'm having even less than I would on Exante but the thing is I know I can eat the next day which makes my resistance stronger so I don't cheat. On Exante I was finding myself cheating more and more and this was seriously slowing my losses. I'm sure I'll get used to it and soon the DDs won't bother me at all.

Midnight now. Headache still there or thereabouts. Going to take a pain killer and go to bed now. Food soon!!

Really enjoying reading about your transition over to JUDD. Your food from Tuesday sounded delicious and healthy! Good luck, it seems as though this plan is great for you.

Back