Katie-x's Ketosis Journey....

Hi Katie, just thought i'd pop in here and say hello, The looking at clothes is a brilliant idea, i think i might try that myself :)
You're doing brilliantly so far

Great idea with the clothes.
We got to do whatever it takes to get by :)

Hi Katie! 16 days is fantastic! I always have to go for the 'short' trousers too.

It's been a complete pain Lynne having to wear regular length trousers as I couldn't fit into the petite range, even with 4" heels the bottoms trail and get wet and ruined.

Yes I know. I'm lucky though because I have a friend who takes my trousers up. Never had a pair from next though. How's your day been Katie x

Had a good day today thanks Susie, was a big day in work as we had a big launch, there were all sorts of cakes and biscuits and I avoided them all, just had black coffee.

This is evening I went to Next to pick up some clothes I'd ordered, it was a dress I love so I bought it in a 22 and in an 18 (petite oooh) - I tried the 22 and it fit lovely and I liked the style so I took back the 22 and kept the 18 as a treat for when:D I get there! I'd also bought some smaller bras in the sale so picked them up too. Think I'll leave the dress hanging on the outside of my wardrobe as an incentive.

Hope you've had a good day today Susie :)

Nothing better than buying new clothes is there. Yes do hang it up on the door Katie so it reminds you of what you want to achieve. I've done the same with a top I bought but not got into yet. The thought of buying a new wardrobe is a big factor in keeping me going.
Well done with avoiding the cakes, we all know what a little taste may lead too. Every day I go into work there are boxes of chocolates lying open on the table but not been tempted at all. If it was the evening though I think it would be harder to deal with.
My sons girlfriend has just arrived after having a few drinks & brought back a Chinese take away. First words were "would you like a prawn cracker " !!!.

Great incentive with the clothes. If they look that great you MUST stick to it now just so you can look and feel great in the outfit :)

Hi Katie. Hope you've had a good day x

Brilliant incentive Katie! I think I might do that with one of the dresses I bought last Summer and which doesn't fit. I've also done the glass pebbles incentive like Darcy. They're on my desk at work!

Hi all, thanks for your comments :) Re the clothes, I've got so many gorgeous clothes in sizes 14 and 16 from when I dieted last time, I only got to wear my 16's for a couple of weeks and never wore my 14's, one of which is the most gorgeous skirt and I'm so happy I'll be able to wear it this year :D

Lynne I'm tempted by the stones idea, it's so clever and such an incentive.

I've had a good day today, still totally sticking to it and not tempted by anything at all, though it was good that hubby cooked something that I don't like for dinner, he's a good un :)

Am looking forward to weigh in on Monday, only need to lose a pound to hit a stone which I'm made up with.

Hubby is working nights tomorrow and Sunday so he'll be leaving for work at 5 each night so I've no plans for either night so I'm going to chill all weekend, can't wait!

Really hope you get to that first stone off Katie. Roll on Monday. ( nice relaxing weekend 1st though ) x

Morning Katie. Hope you have a lovely day today!

Hope you have a great TS weekend xx

How are your legs Katie xx

Thanks ladies, am feeling good and legs are fine - hoping to do the same walk tomorrow if the weather is dry, otherwise that doggy of mine is just getting the shorter 1.6 mile walk!

After the walk I took my car to the garage for a quick check and top up of oil etc and then came home to help hubby shear the dog after his bath - I think he lost about 7lb by the time he was trimmed.

Spent the rest of the day so far doing relaxing stuff, wrote a letter to my son in Afghan then went to bed with hubby for 90 mins before he went to work so that he could try and get some sleep as he's on nights tonight and had been up since 7....needless to say I fell asleep before he did.

Reading Lynne's diary today has made me think about other peoples perceptions of us and how us being overweight makes them feel comfortable. I learned the last time that I was successful on a diet that other people didn't want me to lose weight as they must have felt threatened by it.

Well this time I'm not listening to any of the 'stop now's' and if friendships are threatened simply because I've lost weight and am the slimmer one then I really need to stop and think about what the values of the friendship are.

Lol a bit deep all this for a Saturday afternoon, think I'll go and make my dinner.....spaghetti bolognese anyone?

xx

Last edited:
Good on you Katie. Roll on tomorrow. Its trim day for my dog after her walk. We will see who ends up wetter tomorrow when I give her her bath lol x

Hi Katie. I think that when people make negative comments it is always important to think about what these say about them rather than you. People often tend to put others down because they feel inferior and think that by putting someone else down it will make them look and feel better. It always gets me when skinny people tell me they are too fat and say how much they weigh expecting you to do the same. When I was 14st one of my colleagues who is at least 4 inches taller than me used to do this about being 10st! We've probably always been guilty of it to some extent at some stage. I remember I used to ask my ex husband if I was as fat as other women (who were obviously larger than me) on the beach. Sometimes when people do this it isn't particularly malicious and sometimes it is. I don't want to be the 'fat bird' in the group just to make everyone else feel good about themselves!
In terms of my mum, she's one of those women you read about in 'mother / daughter relationship' books who goes through life competing with her daughters. My sister reads a lot more into it than I do. To be honest, to be still competing at 87 is quite something. She has been very difficult to cope with over the years but there's not a lot we can do about it now. It's best just to see the funny side.
Katie, you need to do what is best for you and if your friends bother you then they aren't good friends. Drop them and keep the friends who are supportive.

Back