Kat's journey to slim...

I'm so glad you dropped by Carrie's thread. She has got two little ones as well though maybe but older than yours and it's amazing how she fits all her exercise into her routine with kids, home and work!

It is great seeing and actual"live" maintenance 5:2 diary as well. I think I would keep the obvious carbs such as bread, pasta rice etc to very low and maybe only now and again (unless you are having a drink) and introduce the, slowly. That you can gauge how many carbs you can tolerate without weight gain?

Glad you had a good day I'm pleased to say I have too though not much water as I've been out all day and I am shattered.

Glad to report another good day. Although I'm shattered as I've had a really busy day a work. I barely had time between meetings to eat my bar. Although glad that's what I decided to have, wouldn't really of fancy the fuss of a soup or shake. Had some nice compliments again today, in fact one woman must have said no less than 8 times how impressed she was with my weight loss. Think she'll be interrogating next time she sees me to find out the secret!

My tastes seem to be changing a bit as I've gone off the soups a bit, they're a bit thick, think it's a gesture think really. Might try them again in a bowl and water them down a bit. I have however finally perfected oatmeal biscuits. Perfect treat with a cup of tea, yum!

I'm feeling quite excited about my weigh in on Sunday, whatever I'm sure it will be another step closer to goal.

It's great to have compliments! But if you're like me I can get embarrassed because it reminds me how fat I was!

have another great day you are so close and I am sure weigh it will be good result. Not long at all.

Its fab that ur getting compliments hun :)...n soo glad ur stikcin to plan and havin reli gd days hun :) woop wopp ur so clsoe to goal hun hope u have a dab weekend. N keep it up :) xx

Thank you both. Having a lovely day, currently enjoying the afternoon sun with my little ones. Need to drink more water though as I've had a few dizzy turns today! Got some leafy greens for later so hope to feel a bit more with it tomorrow.

hope you're having a nice day :)

Just been counting my packs and rather conviniently I have just the right number of meal packs, bars and oatmeal to take me through to next Wednesday, these plus a shake a day, makes for a nice simplicity week. Then I'll need to come off plan for a few days in order to drink on Saturday. I'd like to say it was excellent planning, but it's just a rather good coincidence :)

On top of those I have 40 shakes left, which depending on how I feel I can either use over 5 weeks of 5:2 or add on another 10 days straight to give the scales another shove in the right direction. I'm hoping I'll brave the 5:2 route so I don't have to claw my way back into ketosis, but will see what the scales show on Sunday first.

In other news, I really need to give up on the jeans I've had on this afternoon, just been messing about with my girls and my youngest has just grabbed onto my trousers leg and even though fastened up managed to pulled my jeans down!! Much to their amusement lol :sign0007:

Ha! Ha! love the jeans bit! How's is that for an NSV!!!

Your plan sounds perfect and I think rather than push yourself through the pain of ketosis for 10 days you have as well do 5;2 use the shakes on fast days but at least for the initial 2 weeks maybe 3 just low carb and keep bread, pasta rice to a small amount? That way you will reduce the glycogen factor in the following weigh ins. I think if I were where you are now and looking at mistakes from last year that is exactly how I would do it. Have a great evening. x

I think you're right Kira. 5:2 from next week it is.

Especially as I weighed this morning and I'm very happy with the result - 9st 2.6lbs :D I'll take that!

Now I'm left thinking that if it weren't for my time off plan next week I could've been seeing off my next goal! Oh well the week or so after will have to do :)

Going to measure later. Still too cool at the moment! My youngest is in love with early starts, 4:30 yesterday, so this mornings 5:15 at least feels like a lie in :rolleyes:

Have be a good day everyone

Brilliant! Well done! You'll be at goal very soon maybe even next week. I think if you keep you non fast days low carb ish you could lose the remainder very quickly.

Yes I'm going to keep carbs low and introduce them very slowly.

I didn't get around to doing my inches as I appear to have misplaced my tape measure, grr! So I decided to try on my goal jeans.......and.....they fit, well almost. I can get them on and done up. I just have a slight muffin top still.

With the above in mind I'm going to set an ultimate goal of 8 st 10 lbs. I think another half stone will make all the difference. Plus that will be a total of 3 stone loss from my heaviest. Think it's doable now.

On a plus note, I've found another pair of jeans at the back of my cupboard that will look great for my night out next week. We've got t-shirts to wear, I bravely ordered a XS (which they guess is 8-10) I'm getting it tomorrow, but thinking it should fit nicely now. Got some sparkly heals, so those and my newly found jeans and I'm all set to party!

That's great about the jeans! and a good plan. I certainly agree with having a buffer initially as regardless of whether one has lost weight via vlcd or any other plan I think a buffer zone is good to have in order to reign things in if needed at maintenance. Having not quite got it right last year I am determined to this time as I am finally committed to sticking to plan until I get there. This extra few pounds has added a dress size back on and I never want to be over 9st again (I have said that so many times but I simply cannot be this weight and size again as I feel and I look awful.

So looks like last full day on plan! Carbs from tomorrow to allow for drinking on Saturday. Not going to go too mad, got some new potatoes in to have with my salad, thinking of a small pasta portion with tea oh and there's some cherries in my fridge with my name on them ;) I think I'm ready....

I'm going to try my hardest to ignore the scales for a week. I'm whatever I am today, I'm accepting of a gain over the next few days, but hope that low carbing following Saturday will limit damage. Then I'll live in hope any damage done won't show by the following Sunday :innocent0001:

I hope everyone is having a good day. Just about to have my oatmeal biscuits - yummy!

Well done on getting this far you've done great! Enjoy the carbs and the weekend with a drink! You coul low carb the following day and avoid carbs for the rest of the week not veg and fruit but bread, pasta rice to kind of counter balance things? Or limit to very small amounts of carbs per day?

Just enjoy joy the weekend and then see how the carbs affect you. It could be you may feel bloated after having carbs not potatoes but bread or pasta? You'll be fine I'm sure. Very excited for you as you are practically at goal!

Got to love slim and save for how small it makes your stomach, managed to feel very full from very small portions. I have to say, and sorry if this sounds like I'm gloating, but I've really enjoyed having some fruit today.

I hope my stomach doesn't feel overly uncomfortable at the weekend. The dress I've chosen to wear during the day is a bit clingy and I was hoping to forego the big knickers lol. Although I have a body I will wear if I think I need it. Other than that I feel quite confident in my jeans for the evening, and the top fits a treat - despite it being bright pink with a terrible logo on lol

Yaay on both jeans fitting hun :) hopeu have afab weekend n enjoy it hun :)...stay away frm the scales lol for least a week :)...wt one doesnt kno wont hurt them lol i kinda regret standin on them haha...ur low carb plan sounds brill n ideal for this weekend :)....my goal is 8.7 so ur rite in wnting to have a buffer of some sort i defo wnt a bufffer espec after the weekend tht iv js had lol ur so close to goal hun yaaaay :) bet u wil b lukin fabulus hun woop woop xx

Good news - I'm still here and I enjoyed my night out. Bad news - I've ended up with 2 days really off Plan instead of just 1!

My night out was great, we enjoyed a bit of shopping (hard core members of the group started drinking!), had a lovely Italian meal, I really enjoyed mine, although couldn't even eat half or it! I had 3 glasses of bubbly over the whole evening. I got home with sore feet and ringing ears. All the signs of a good night!

I was all ready to start my new plan with a fast day to make up for the calorific Italian, but unfortunately my eldest woke in the night struggling with her asthma. To make a long story short, yesterday was spent in hospital, she needed 3 nebulisers and they've upped her asthma and hay fever medications (they think her hay fever triggered the attack). Obviously food was the last thing on my mind, but I was almost force fed by the nurses after I went a bit lightheaded. I was just tired really but a probably did have rock bottom blood sugar too. So during the day yesterday I had toast, a sandwich and chocolate bar! We got home last night and my lovely mum had made us tea.

My little girl had a settled night (didn't stop me checking on her several times). So today's plan is definitely to low carb and try low cal too. But I'm not worrying too much as I'm still so tired and I need to be on form for my girls so if I need food I'll have some.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll catch up on the diaries today too

Hey hun glad to hear u had a great nite n hope ur daughter gets better soon :(...i used to have asthma wen was younga nt nyc....uv gta gd plan n better to b in gd health for ur kids so eat if u need to bt low cal sounds fab n like clin sed tis gd practice too :) xxx

Back