Katy's Weight Loss Journey with SW!

Okay, so today's not been GREAT but it's not been bad either!

Been to work this morning and everyone always has a hot sammich from the sammich shop on a Saturday (and Sunday) morning, so to resist temptation I took my own sammich (I don't usually eat sammich's) so it felt like I was being a bit naughty, haha! (The word 'sammich' was used way too much in that sentence! haha)
Start work at 7, so I don't get to have my break until between 9 and 12 so I technically have brunch on Saturdays and Sundays lol. SO, with that being said;

Brunch: 1 lean ham salad sammich on WW wholemeal bread (HEB) spread with extra light mayo (1 syn), and an apple. 1 cup of tea (2 syns for sugar).
Dinner: A bowl of SW chips and a creamy cheese mug shot (2.5 syns)
Tea: Diet Coke chicken roasted in a roasting bag in the oven with mushrooms and a bit of garlic and chilli powder. Served with plain boiled rice and veg!
Snacks: Vanilla and Choc Muller light, Banana x 2, 1 5 pack of mini Maoam (5 syns).

I do extra easy all the time, although I am contemplating trying the green plan at some point in the future. I want to reach my first target of 21 st first though, just to get me in the swing of things properly.

OH is cooking tea for me tonight. He's always good to me when I've been at work. :p

Not had my HEA yet (with the exception of a bit for my cup of tea!). Not sure what to have, but it will be milk of some kind, might make a milky coffee later!

Total syns for Saturday: 10.5 :)

just the sound of SW chips and the mugshot is making me hungry! I don't like doing EE all the time, i always put on weight, so I mix EE, green and red, find I lose a bit better then.

I really do want to try green, cause I eat way more veg and stuff than I do meat. I was vegetarian for over a year at one point as well! haha. The mugshot was nommy, well worth the syns! :D xx

Hey just popping in to subscribe to your diary :D

You're doing really well! Congrats on the losses so far!

Re trying the green plan - why not just have a few green days one week and see how it goes? I find green slows me down so I do EE, but others find green is the best plan for them. Only way to find out is to try and 3 days out of one week won't hurt :D

Good luck xxxx

Thankyooou! I might try that! Maybe not this week cause I'm not having a bad week this week, and I want to get a good loss so I can get my 1 stone award! Maybe next week I'll plan ahead and plan 3 green days in! Need to have a read about it all first, I get confused so easily! LOL! :D
Thanks for subscribing! :D x

Lol yeah it's all confusing at first. Once you know the plan it'll be a breeze.

Good luck for your weigh in!! I hope you get that 1 stone award, it's such a good feeling when you get those shiney stickers!! xxx

I've only got 1lb to lose to get to 1 stone, fingers are firmly crossed, although I've been having more syns than usual this week so I'm hoping I haven't gone and ruined it! xxx

How many syns are you on a day and how many extra have you had? xx

I stick to the between 5 and 15 syns but usually I only have 5 a day, I find it hard to use my syns, except this week I've been having about 12-14 every day, so I've not gone over 15 but because it's more than I usually have I'm hoping that it's not compromised my weight loss. I'm probably just being paranoid lmao x

itsGCbaby said:
I stick to the between 5 and 15 syns but usually I only have 5 a day, I find it hard to use my syns, except this week I've been having about 12-14 every day, so I've not gone over 15 but because it's more than I usually have I'm hoping that it's not compromised my weight loss. I'm probably just being paranoid lmao x

I find I have better losses when I use all my Syns so wouldn't worry too much hun x x

I wouldn't worry hun. I hope you don't take this the wrong way - from your stats I can see that we are in similar stone brackets and when I joined SW first time round at 22st I was given 20 syns a day, as us bigger gals can have more syns! When I restarted in Nov I was 21st 12, so I gave myself the 20 syns a day again (I do SW alone without class/online) and I have lost 30lbs doing this. I dropped down to 17.5 a day when I'd lost about 22lbs, and when I get to about 18st I'm going to drop down to the "normal" 15 a day lol.

I'm not saying you should do this, but it might put your mind at rest about having extra syns. It shouldn't really be a big deal, not promising anything obviously!!

I think the extra syns thing for bigger folks is so that when we get down the stones we have more to play with when it comes to plateauing :) in case you were wondering! It's weird tho as not every consultant does this, the 2 I had in previous attempts at SW both gave me 20 a day, but some people on here who started at the same weight as me, some heavier, have been given 15 a day. Think it depends on the consultant really!

xxx

I find I have better losses when I use all my Syns so wouldn't worry too much hun x x

Thankyou! :D I'm trying not too :)

I wouldn't worry hun. I hope you don't take this the wrong way - from your stats I can see that we are in similar stone brackets and when I joined SW first time round at 22st I was given 20 syns a day, as us bigger gals can have more syns! When I restarted in Nov I was 21st 12, so I gave myself the 20 syns a day again (I do SW alone without class/online) and I have lost 30lbs doing this. I dropped down to 17.5 a day when I'd lost about 22lbs, and when I get to about 18st I'm going to drop down to the "normal" 15 a day lol.

I'm not saying you should do this, but it might put your mind at rest about having extra syns. It shouldn't really be a big deal, not promising anything obviously!!

I think the extra syns thing for bigger folks is so that when we get down the stones we have more to play with when it comes to plateauing :) in case you were wondering! It's weird tho as not every consultant does this, the 2 I had in previous attempts at SW both gave me 20 a day, but some people on here who started at the same weight as me, some heavier, have been given 15 a day. Think it depends on the consultant really!

xxx

I've seen looking at posts around the forum that a lot of people around my size have around 20 syns to play with. My consultant hasn't said anything about this, but I might ask her on Wednesday. Usually I find it hard to use even 15 syns though, but this week for some reason I must have my naughty head on. Haven't had 1 bit of chocolate this week though, pff! Might have a curly wurly tomorrow!

Thanks for the advice *hug* xx :D

Right, signing off now as I'm up for work at 7 tomorrow! Night all, have a nice weekend! :D x

Morning Everyone!
So I'm off to work in 10 mins. Here's what I have planned for today! (Although it could all change yet, lol!)

Brunch: Ham salad sammich, made with 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB), lean ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and spread with extra light mayo! (1 syn). 1 Strawberry Muller Light. And a banana!

Dinner: Home made lasagne, made using chicken or quorn mince. Will update later when I know exactly whats gone in it xD

Supper: Not sure yet, but will try n incorporate my HEA.

Snacks: Apple.

Hope you all have a good Sunday/Mothers day! :D xxx

itsGCbaby said:
Morning Everyone!
So I'm off to work in 10 mins. Here's what I have planned for today! (Although it could all change yet, lol!)

Brunch: Ham salad sammich, made with 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB), lean ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and spread with extra light mayo! (1 syn). 1 Strawberry Muller Light. And a banana!

Dinner: Home made lasagne, made using chicken or quorn mince. Will update later when I know exactly whats gone in it xD

Supper: Not sure yet, but will try n incorporate my HEA.

Snacks: Apple.

Hope you all have a good Sunday/Mothers day! :D xxx

Good luck Katy, sounds like a tasty food day. Hope work is ok, I HATE working Sundays, getting up when everyone else is in bed. Hope it goes fast. X

Thanks Goody. I work in a supermarket and I have to work every Sunday :( Sucks, cause me and my fiance hardly ever see each other, and we live together! lol!
Just cooking the lasagne now! It smells nommy! xD xx

UPDATEEEE FOR TODAY; (EE as usual!)

Dinner: Home made syn free lasagne. Red sauce made from a tin of chopped tomatoes, 2 tsps tomato puree, 1 large onion, 1 leek, 2 handfulls of frozen sliced mushrooms, 1 tsp of lazy garlic, some dried crushed chillies and 1 beef oxo. White sauce made from 1 pot of fat free natural yoghurt, 3 eggs and a good couple of pinches of nutmeg. Layered them up with the pasta sheets and a few layers of fresh spinach. Served with SW chips/wedges and a heap of brocolli! NOM!

Snacks: Apple, slice of lean ham, 1 pack of Mikado (9 syns) and 1 small toblerone (9 syns).

Drinks: Pepsi Max, Milky Coffee (HEA) with 1 sugar (1 syn), Water.

Total syns for Sunday: 20!

Total syns for week so far: 47.5!

Very pleased with myself today! :D I wanted a really good day today, and I think I've had that! Of course there is time for me to go to the shop and buy a curly wurly, but I doubt they'll have any, they didn't yesterday :(

Hopefully I can keep this up until Wednesday! :)

Attachments

• 430986_317416594991979_100001709233619_59309754_387719945_n.jpg
    430986_317416594991979_100001709233619_59309754_387719945_n.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Just make sure you use your syns :p One of my mums friends did slimming world and lost very little if any cos she though not using none or very few of her syns would make her loose more weight, then she upped to syns to between 5 and 10 and lost 4 or 5 pounds each week xD

And the photo...looks very nommy, it would be making me hungry if i hadn't just had my tea :)

Back