Kay's journey to health and happiness

Ah well you've been frugal all week with your syns so no harm done. Get your pen & paper out & do your shopping list & stick to it, I find if I do this & keep my head down, I'll leave the supermarket with what I actually need & not get my head turned by offers.

Girl at my Group this week brought in jars of low fat sauces that are on offer in tesco this week, the syns were amazing in them, one bloody jar was 14syns:eek: I told her no way, even if shared it wasn't worth it & to come on here & check your recipe thread out.

My keys are abit dodgy on my laptop, my fault, een eating & surfing, not a great combo lol, I'll have to give a good shake & hoover to get the crumbs out :D

Your absolutely right Izzy, I need to resist the temptation and stick to me list ! Yep I also find a lot of sauces and dips even the low fat ones to be quite high. I actually prefer making my own at home, the syns are always much lower. Infact it was only yesterday someone on here was asking for a sw recipe for low fat sour cream. I managed to find one on the net and copied her the link, she was well happy. Might try it out myself, I love sour cream :p . Oh and about the laptop and food lol I've often woken up in the morning and my laptop has fallen down the side of my bed as I must have dozed off to bed while typing, not exaggerating there, its true :D .

Kay xx

Your absolutely right Izzy, I need to resist the temptation and stick to me list ! Yep I also find a lot of sauces and dips even the low fat ones to be quite high. I actually prefer making my own at home, the syns are always much lower. Infact it was only yesterday someone on here was asking for a sw recipe for low fat sour cream. I managed to find one on the net and copied her the link, she was well happy. Might try it out myself, I love sour cream :p . Oh and about the laptop and food lol I've often woken up in the morning and my laptop has fallen down the side of my bed as I must have dozed off to bed while typing, not exaggerating there, its true :D .

Kay xx

I'm laughing & you & your laptop, I thought I was bad :D

Kay xx

It was me with the sour cream. Gonna buy myself a notebook and put all the recipes I find on here in to it....I'm so sad, lol.

It was me with the sour cream. Gonna buy myself a notebook and put all the recipes I find on here in to it....I'm so sad, lol.

Indeed it was :p. So forgetful I am. I'm always writing recipes down, so your not sad. I tear out the pages of my sw magazine when I'm done with it and file the recipes I want to keep. How are you getting on this week Rae Rae ?

Kay xx

Hey how is your weekend going? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Brittany, well I've stayed at home this weekend since I've still got the flu. My friend wanted to go out tonight, just local but I'm not up for it. I did pop out though to Asdas to do my food shop. I'm so on a budget at the moment, not working so really need to spend wisely. That's why I loved the cookathon thing you did last year. I'm just thinking up of some one pot recipes that I can freeze away into containers and have later. Saves me money and time :) . When I came back from shopping I made a Vegetable Pilau Rice and Speedy Quorn Chicken Korma (not the one on my thread lol that takes longer). How has your day been so far ?

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

Breakfast - None wasn't hungry

Lunch - Chicken and Sweetcorn Mugshot - FREE

Dinner - Vegetable Pilau Rice with Speedy Quorn Chicken Korma

IMG_0727.jpg IMG_0730.jpg

Food looks fab :) day has been good thanks I made a curry and had it with SW chips. It was Maykway so it was 4 syn but it was so quick and got enough for lunch at work tomorrow. I'm on a budget Aswell so I know how you feel.
Hope you are feeling better x

Sent from my ME173X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Brittany, well I've stayed at home this weekend since I've still got the flu. My friend wanted to go out tonight, just local but I'm not up for it. I did pop out though to Asdas to do my food shop. I'm so on a budget at the moment, not working so really need to spend wisely. That's why I loved the cookathon thing you did last year. I'm just thinking up of some one pot recipes that I can freeze away into containers and have later. Saves me money and time :) . When I came back from shopping I made a Vegetable Pilau Rice and Speedy Quorn Chicken Korma (not the one on my thread lol that takes longer). How has your day been so far ?

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

View attachment 120666 View attachment 120667

is the recipe for your vegetable pilau on your Indian recipe thread? I couldn't see it and it looks lovely and fancy having a go at making it.

Thanks.

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

View attachment 120666 View attachment 120667

How you feeling now Kay?Any better today?

Hope you feeling a bit better today! X

I put 2 pounds on...gutted.

Sent from my GT-P5200 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Rae Rae, sorry to hear about your gain hun. Don't worry we all go through ups and downs. I'm sure you'll be straight back on it this week with a good loss. Fingers crossed for u :).

Kay xx

Hi Rae Rae, sorry to hear about your gain hun. Don't worry we all go through ups and downs. I'm sure you'll be straight back on it this week with a good loss. Fingers crossed for u :).

Kay xx

Thanks kay, here's hoping for a big loss next sat xx

Food looks fab :) day has been good thanks I made a curry and had it with SW chips. It was Maykway so it was 4 syn but it was so quick and got enough for lunch at work tomorrow. I'm on a budget Aswell so I know how you feel.
Hope you are feeling better x

Sent from my ME173X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Brittany, thanks I am feeling a bit better. 4 syns is not bad at all, you did well there. Curry with sw chips is a nice combo, proper comfort food for this time of year :p . Hope your having a nice weekend.

Kay xx

is the recipe for your vegetable pilau on your Indian recipe thread? I couldn't see it and it looks lovely and fancy having a go at making it.

Thanks.

Hi Lindsey here is the recipe for a quick syn free veg pilau rice (like the one in my pic).

- in a saucepan boil your rice as per normal but add x1 cinnamon stick, 2 cardamom pods split and 2 cloves for flavour
whilst boiling and remove once rice is drained.
- in a frying pan fry 1 chopped onion in frylight
- now add 1 tsp of cumin seeds fry with the onions on medium heat for 5 mins
- now add 1 cup of frozen mixed veg (or any mixed veg of your choice finely chopped if needed) and fry with the onions for a further 5 mins.
- now add the veg mixture to your rice and mix well together.

Your speedy pilau veg rice is done. Hope this helps :) .

Kay xx

Hi Lindsey here is the recipe for a quick syn free veg pilau rice (like the one in my pic).

- in a saucepan boil your rice as per normal but add x1 cinnamon stick, 2 cardamom pods split and 2 cloves for flavour
whilst boiling and remove once rice is drained.
- in a frying pan fry 1 chopped onion in frylight
- now add 1 tsp of cumin seeds fry with the onions on medium heat for 5 mins
- now add 1 cup of frozen mixed veg (or any mixed veg of your choice finely chopped if needed) and fry with the onions for a further 5 mins.
- now add the veg mixture to your rice and mix well together.

Your speedy pilau veg rice is done. Hope this helps :) .

Kay xx
Thanks Kay. Seems nice and easy, will give it a go this week sometime.

hope you have had a good weekend.

Hi Ladies feeling a bit better today thanks but still have a cough. I've been having some HALLS sugar free cough sweets. Does anyone know if they have any syns pls ?

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
x2 wm bread
x1 fried egg
1 tsp cooking oil = 2 syns
x1 orange

Lunch -
Thai Noddle Mug Shot = 1/2 syn

Dinner -
Yellow Lentil Dahl with basmati rice and a green salad

Peek-a-boo..... found you x