Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hi Kay,

First of all thank you for the pics. Thinking of grab and go things for my locker at work.

In answer to your questions

Questions

1) I went to Costa coffee this week with my sister and ordered a Skinny Latte. Can I use the milk from my hea allowance or do I have to syn it ?
Some people do. Costa's is regarded as a treat
The old style was to take 6 syns off the total syn value. I still do. Thinking when I need to I will count the full amount. But I have started having tea.

2) I'm going out again for a Turkish meal. I'm thinking of getting grilled chicken wings with salad. How much should I syn for the wings or is there a better option to eat there ? Also I will be avoiding all the breads and dips o_O ... somehow.
Salad sounds good average chicken wing on the app is 2 syns each. But most dishes are with olive oil. And good resteraunt will have a great chef. Ask the staff for what you would like.But it's 1 meal you'll be fine xx

3) I bought the muller cheesecake flavour yogurts, do they have syns ? The new limited addition coffee flavour ones are to die for !
Cheesecake yoghurt = 1 each
Skinny cappuccino = free
;)

4) Are x4 Ryvita Dark Rye crackers still a hex b choice ?
Yes :):) or 6 syns

5) I purchased this broth mix which I've made before and love in the winter, please tell me its free ? :oops:
Yes

So all good xx
Enjoy

Aww Suzy, you got back to me on the same day :D, thanks a million, I really appreciate it, that has really helped ;).

In response to your answers ...

1) Gutted :oops: I really thought I could get away with using the milk from the skinny latte, as part of my hea allowance. I guess I've gone over syns this week. Oh well next time I'll order a green tea :) .

2) I went for your choice, I had the salad and asked them to give it to me without dressing (no oil), I took my own extra light mayo with me :D . I ordered the chicken shish cubes. I think I had 4 pieces, not sure how much to syn for grilled cubes of chicken ? I'm guessing 2 syns for the oil, or is it a lot more ? :rolleyes:

3) I didn't syn the cheesecake flavour ones, oh bummer o_O, I think I'll buy the coffee ones next time, absolutely love them :D.

4) yay ! :wee::woohoo: I did something right.

5) Yipee ! :0icanfly: Made that already, will post a pic in a mo.

Well based on that then, I'm probably looking for a sts, because I must have gone over syns without realising. Oh well the scales will tell all tomorrow. I've still enjoyed my first week, and getting back into the sw groove. I will post pics shortly :).

Welcome back lovely xx

Thank you my lovely :), sorry I've been so behind on replying to posts on my diary. I miss all my old friends on here. How have you been doing RR, are you back on plan and have you started a diary yet ? I just restarted this week from home, it would be great to keep in touch and motivate one another like we used to. Hope your having a lovely weekend.

Kay xx

Welcome back Kay, I hope it all goes well for your first WI & re-join.

I used to do mainly green days and was a tad disappointed when SW first changed to EE but it is ok once you get your head round only have 1 hexa&b and the speed foods rather than super speed, it's like the very first time you joined, nothing makes sense a first, then slowly it all fits in!

Hi Michelle, thank you for your reply. I have decided to follow the old green days as I'm not a huge meat eater, I'm a veggie that eats fish and chicken on occasion :D . How have you been keeping ?

Kay xx

Always lovely to hear from you Kay...

Thinking of you Kay and sending loads of love and best wishes xxx

Mini where are you ? I miss you lots ;) . I hope your doing well hun.

Kay xx

I'm loving the "studious bunny" avatar :D

hehe, me too, it's one of my fav's although I've got a real good one coming up next week :p .

Kay xx

Hello lovely lady,so nice to have you back. I'll b here to cheer you on on your journey to Slimdom:D I can't wait to see how you've got on in your first week.

I've been at target since February,no diary but still lurking haha.

Happy Sunday.

Rae Rae xx

Hello lovely Kay!!! Thanks @Poppet12 :)
It is just EE in all of the books now but I know a few people still do red and green. They do only go with EE in the groups/image therapy but use Fast Forward and all of the other normal tools if you're struggling.
A couple of little things have changed in regards to terms of foods. Generally things are now marked in the books as 'S' (speed) and 'P' (protein). So you have all of your free foods i.e. Fruit, veg, but some are speed for example Apples, Grapefruit and Lemons (a bit like super free before!!) and it's the same with the protein markers for the meat, fish, eggs and substitutes. The HEs are the same, as are the syns.
They have introduced something called EESP where you only eat the foods with an S or P next to them, one HEA, two Bs and your syns- I have been told that this is to be used only if you're struggling or if you want a certain amount off for an event/occasion/target. It is apparently quite restrictive although I have never done it!

Hope this helps my dear!!

So excited to have you back- I hope you're looking forward to going back to group!

Ruth
X

@Trefoil

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth ! I should hang my head in shame :oops: . I feel so bad for not responding to your helpful post to me. Sorry its taken ages hun, but I did read it, promise. Whenever I get a little time, I always make sure I do the challenge thread first and prioritise my diary later . I need to change that and have made a start from this week. Your so supportive to so many people on here, a real inspiration. Your also amazing on the challenge thread responding to lots of members posts, I really appreciate that. I hope we will see your before and after pics very soon :p, I know its not long now before you'll hit target, and were all rooting for you ! I will catch up on your diary very soon. I have popped by and seen your lovely coat :D, you look amazing in all your pics. I hope your having a fab weekend hun. Speak soon.

Kay xx

Last edited:
Hello lovely lady,so nice to have you back. I'll b here to cheer you on on your journey to Slimdom:D I can't wait to see how you've got on in your first week.

I've been at target since February,no diary but still lurking haha.

Happy Sunday.

Rae Rae xx

Wow I must have missed loads :( , when did that happen ? :D Congratulations on being at target ! :winner::0clapper: I'm over the moon for you RR :0icanfly::woohoo:.

Kay xx

Thanking you haha.

Took me from Jan 2015 to Feb 2016 to lose 5 stone and then I kept dropping under target buto I liked it haha. Went to America in may and dropped my target to another half a stone when i got back so I'm sat at 10:13 as of yesterday from 16.7 :banana_dancer:

Thanking you haha.

Took me from Jan 2015 to Feb 2016 to lose 5 stone and then I kept dropping under target buto I liked it haha. Went to America in may and dropped my target to another half a stone when i got back so I'm sat at 10:13 as of yesterday from 16.7 :banana_dancer:

So so happy for you RR that's brilliant ! :0clapper::winner::D

Kay xx

Well I've nearly completed a week. A few more pics to share of foodage I've had in the week :).

I've been buying a lot of these Asda salad bowls, their handy when I have less time and want something instant and healthy and their only £1 each and no washing up to do, you can eat in the bowl :D. I stuck some mushrooms and quorn chicken in the actifry to have ontop of my salad, but they sunk underneath (can't see them in the pic), also added black olives and extra light mayo, was so yummy and filing .

IMG_2768.JPG

Me and my sis went to the movies to see the Girl on the Train (bit depressing film, me no likes o_O) we also went to a lovely Turkish restaurant and I ordered Chicken Shish (which is grilled chicken pieces) along with salad and I asked for no dressing. I took my own extra light mayo with me :D . Would anyone know the syns for this meal roughly ? I know I'm being optimistic, but I'm thinking 2 syns for the oil on the chicken ? I only had 4 pieces, the rest was salad. Also I avoided all the bread and dips, yay go me ! :woohoo:

IMG_2772.JPG

I made some scotch broth today in my slow cooker and I added some quorn chicken and mushroom to bulk it up. I garnished it with fresh coriander. It came out lovely and was delicious :D.

IMG_2776.JPG

Well that's all for this week, can't believe I'm actually updating my own diary lol :D. Week 1 over, hope tomorrow's weigh in goes well. I've got a very busy day ahead tomorrow, I'm going to try and come online if I can, if not it will be Tuesday.

Hope you all have a lovely week ahead. Speak soon !

Kay xx
fruit.gif

Kay! It's so wonderful to have you back :)
Loving the food pics! I am hoping to get back on the wagon as of tomorrow and these pics are really inspiring. Well done & I hope the scales are kind to you tomorrow! X

Hello hun :) . It's great your getting back on plan too, we can keep each other company :D . Do you have a diary so I can sub ? I must say I had almost forgotten how much I love sw, it has been that long, but I love being in control of what I eat and look forward to every meal . I will defo keep posting pics, think I'm enjoying it more than typing my food on here daily. How are you feeling today ?

Kay xx

Well I weighed in this morning and I've lost 5lbs :woohoo:, trying to keep my feet on the ground because its a good start for my first week back on SW, but still a long way ahead. My weightloss pattern each month is normally one big loss, a sts , and a small loss and perhaps one gain, so I know it will average itself out over the month, but still I'm happy :) . I'm going to update some of my other threads now and then I'm off for my hospital appointment. I did a lot of housework yesterday and cooking. I have plenty of yummy food in the fridge to keep me going. I've seen a new Mexican recipe on youtube that I want to adapt to SW. If I get a chance to buy the ingredients, then I will try and post the pics.

I'm glad that doing the old Green Days is still working for me and I haven't had to do EE. Doing SW from home is ok, I don't feel I miss group as I have mins for support :D .

Ok off I go, I will be back later :bolt:

Kay xx

Well done,5 pounds is great :woohoo:

You must be so happy. You sound very prepared with all your lovely meals,I'll look forward to seeing the photos,yummy.

Xx

Hello hun :) . It's great your getting back on plan too, we can keep each other company :D . Do you have a diary so I can sub ? I must say I had almost forgotten how much I love sw, it has been that long, but I love being in control of what I eat and look forward to every meal . I will defo keep posting pics, think I'm enjoying it more than typing my food on here daily. How are you feeling today ?

Kay xx
Firstly, well done on your brilliant loss! 5lbs is fantastic, so good for motivation!
I had an early night last night as I could feel a cold coming on, it is revving up now, I can feel it in my tonsils :-(
I closed my diary a while back as it wasn't helping me, I didn't feel much like updating when I was on such poor form, but maybe I could re-start one and see how I go. I'll pop the link in my sig if I do!
It's such a good plan. So flexible and unrestricted! Hope you have a great day x

Well done that is absolutely amazing!!!!!
I am over the moon for you :D

Ruth
X

Back