Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey hun just popping in with a couple of questions as I need to sort out my soup challenge shop tomorrow!

1. Can the 2 litres of water include sparkling flavoured water?

2. Can you add squash to the water?

3. Can your soup be a pre-made one from the shops (provided it comes under the 10 syns for the days total)?

Thanks hun, that's all I can think of for now xxx

ooooh I've a question too...

Do we have our 2 Hex bs on the Red days as normal, or are these too carby? I normally have Ryvitas.

And if we can have the hex b, can it be part of the soup meal? So soup with a Ryvita?

Hey hun just popping in with a couple of questions as I need to sort out my soup challenge shop tomorrow!

1. Can the 2 litres of water include sparkling flavoured water?

2. Can you add squash to the water?

3. Can your soup be a pre-made one from the shops (provided it comes under the 10 syns for the days total)?

Thanks hun, that's all I can think of for now xxx

1. Nope not carbonated water hun sorry . You can have that outside of your allowance though.
2. Yes, if you find water difficult to drink like me then nas squash can be added.
3. Nope shop bought ones have preservatives in them. But if your short on time, a lot of supermarkets sell `SOUP MIXES' which are ready cut veggies which you just throw in a pan, add a stock cube, can of tin tomatoes, season to taste and voila your soup is made in 10 minutes !

Here are some SOUP MIXES Asda do and their well cheap, I know all supermarkets sell them in the salad section.

Online Food Shopping - ASDA Groceries

Hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

ooooh I've a question too...

Do we have our 2 Hex bs on the Red days as normal, or are these too carby? I normally have Ryvitas.

And if we can have the hex b, can it be part of the soup meal? So soup with a Ryvita?

Hey Niamh :), you can have your ryvita on the green/ee days but not on the red days. On a red days for your hex's you can choose from dried fruit, beans peas or lentils but non of the carby stuff listed.

The soup you can have with your ryvita on green/ee days.

I know this is a tough guideline to follow but promise you will see good results at the end of it ! :)

Kay xx

1. Nope not carbonated water hun sorry . You can have that outside of your allowance though.
2. Yes, if you find water difficult to drink like me then nas squash can be added.
3. Nope shop bought ones have preservatives in them. But if your short on time, a lot of supermarkets sell `SOUP MIXES' which are ready cut veggies which you just throw in a pan, add a stock cube, can of tin tomatoes, season to taste and voila your soup is made in 10 minutes !

Here are some SOUP MIXES Asda do and their well cheap, I know all supermarkets sell them in the salad section.

Hope this helps hun ;).

Kay xx

Thanks hun. I think for me one of the hardest things for me will be the 2L of water a day, but I'll be able to manage it with the NAS squash. Bet my body will be thankful for it though.

Thanks for posting the links to those ASDA soup mixes, think they'll be a lifesaver this week. Can always add some extra ingredients to them to too make them a bit more tasty. xxx

I'll give it a go anyway Kay!! Just realised it will be a challenge and a half over Easter weekend, we have visitors coming to stay, but I'll power on!

Thanks hun. I think for me one of the hardest things for me will be the 2L of water a day, but I'll be able to manage it with the NAS squash. Bet my body will be thankful for it though.

Thanks for posting the links to those ASDA soup mixes, think they'll be a lifesaver this week. Can always add some extra ingredients to them to too make them a bit more tasty. xxx

Yep they were a life saver and time saver for me too, someone pointed them out to me here on mins :). Yep its easy to just chuck in a pan and season. I love quick stuff :D.

Kay xx

Oh and just in case you don't see it in my diary hun, I'd like to start the challenge on Monday now if you'd be able to change the date on the spreadsheet for me. (sorry for messing you about!) xx

I'll give it a go anyway Kay!! Just realised it will be a challenge and a half over Easter weekend, we have visitors coming to stay, but I'll power on!

No worries Niamh, we will all be here to support you :D, I'm sure you'll do smashing hun ! :)

Kay xx

Oh and just in case you don't see it in my diary hun, I'd like to start the challenge on Monday now if you'd be able to change the date on the spreadsheet for me. (sorry for messing you about!) xx

No worries hun, that's no problem at all, infact I'm more happy to hear you say that, your health comes first lovely :).

Kay xx

Yep they were a life saver and time saver for me too, someone pointed them out to me here on mins :). Yep its easy to just chuck in a pan and season. I love quick stuff :D.

Kay xx

Me too and it looks like they'll make loads :) xx

As for the hexb thing, just to check am I okay to have chewy delight cereal bars on the EE/Green days, just not the red ones? x

Me too and it looks like they'll make loads :) xx

As for the hexb thing, just to check am I okay to have chewy delight cereal bars on the EE/Green days, just not the red ones? x

Yep indeed you got it right. Carbs on green/ee day and on red you still can have hex's but the non carb variety ! I know a lot of you are not going to like me after this ! :D

Kay xx

Yep indeed you got it right. Carbs on green/ee day and on red you still can have hex's but the non carb variety ! I know a lot of you are not going to like me after this ! :D

Kay xx

Haha, Kay if it works we'll all love you! :D Gonna miss my chewy d's but then I think its good to mix things up a bit sometimes so our body doesn't get used to a certain way of eating x

Just told my husband I'll be carb free. Think he's all of a sudden going to his Dad's....

pmsl ! :8855: oh well that's the first casualty and the challenge hasn't even started yet ! :D

Kay xx

Just told my husband I'll be carb free. Think he's all of a sudden going to his Dad's....

Well that's probably 14 plus stone lost, looks like this challenge is getting incredible results already! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back