Kelpie's Diary

Cheers, everyone!

My body is trying to convince me I'm VERY hungry, because it would like its weight back... I am ignoring it.

Going away this weekend with my best-girl-friends, and usually we do a LOT of drinking, but I let them know about what I'm up to, and they were extremely supportive and lovely, and now I'm really looking forward to the trip.

You're doing so well in keeping tabs on that, Kelpie! Happy your friends are supporting and I'm sure you're going to have a blast without the alcohol!

FELLAS! I bought an “inspirational” size 14 dress for “later” (literally any excuse...) and it just arrived and it already fits just fine!!

The “inspirational” shorts, also 14, not even slightly, hilariously no, and the “inspirational” size 12 skirt actually almost kinda...

But the dress! Excuse me while I go vacuum the house wearing it.

FELLAS! I bought an “inspirational” size 14 dress for “later” (literally any excuse...) and it just arrived and it already fits just fine!!

The “inspirational” shorts, also 14, not even slightly, hilariously no, and the “inspirational” size 12 skirt actually almost kinda...

Aww Brilliant!
Made me smile reading that. I'm really pleased for you. :)

Haha, fantastic! Well chuffed for you :)

Thank you, all!

I had a hard day yesterday due to the mistake of forgetting to put a bar in my handbag, then heading out into town to do errands in the hot sun... oh man... I walked a long way in heavy boots and when I got home I just slept for 4 hours on the sofa. So that was silly. Much better after re-hydration and even more sleep.

Weigh-in this morning at 202.6lb, so a much better week (because of the Iron Woman Shopping In Boots? Possibly). 3.6lb off this week, so my weeks so far:
Wk 1: -7.6
Wk 2: -3.4
Wk 3: -3.8
Wk 4: -2.2
Wk 5: -3.6
20.6 lb lost overall.

Next week for <200lb, I very much hope! (watch me lose 2.5lb this week, hahaha)

Back from weekend away with my girls - loved being away, but WOW, was it hard.

Wasn't tempted by food or alcohol at all, but my energy levels tanked by yesterday evening (we walked 17k+ steps each day in the heat so... unsurprising) and it was difficult to articulate what was 'wrong' with me, or explain why I had to sit out their dinners and drinks. I couldn't control when I got to have my bars and shakes, which meant I was on very low reserves a lot of the time. I could tell they thought it was too extreme. But they were lovely and kind and looked after me, and we did all sorts of enjoyable stuff.

Just eaten my sweet and sour catpuke noodles with a fork, and it was pretty blissful though :)

Where do you all lose weight first? I lose it off my face, which is fantastic and I love it, but I also lose my boobs. Which is fine, I would rather have less boobage, but ho boy, they're off a journey right now. To the south. I am googling cosmetic surgery and telling my cat to get a job so we can pay for it. (I figure just lose all the weight and see what happens to my body, but today I am panicking).

I guess Cat thinks getting a job isn't a cat's job!

My face isn't the fatest part of me. Yes to double chins - but more an overall covering - as opposed to extra padding on upper arms, torso, especially below the waist and massive legs. I loose weight first from my waist - which is already narrower than my chunky bum, belly and legs! So I end up with lots of gaping waist bands for a while.

Last time I shed a lot of weight, it took 4 stone for anyone who didn't know I was deliberately loosing it to comment. I'm not sure if they didn't notice or felt they shouldn't comment or just think of me as very fat so the different between 22 1/2 stone and 18 stone was just not noticeable!

Back from weekend away with my girls - loved being away, but WOW, was it hard.

Wasn't tempted by food or alcohol at all, but my energy levels tanked by yesterday evening (we walked 17k+ steps each day in the heat so... unsurprising) and it was difficult to articulate what was 'wrong' with me, or explain why I had to sit out their dinners and drinks. I couldn't control when I got to have my bars and shakes, which meant I was on very low reserves a lot of the time. I could tell they thought it was too extreme. But they were lovely and kind and looked after me, and we did all sorts of enjoyable stuff.

Just eaten my sweet and sour catpuke noodles with a fork, and it was pretty blissful though :)
Well done Kelpie! You are doing so amazingly well!!

I guess Cat thinks getting a job isn't a cat's job!

My face isn't the fatest part of me. Yes to double chins - but more an overall covering - as opposed to extra padding on upper arms, torso, especially below the waist and massive legs. I loose weight first from my waist - which is already narrower than my chunky bum, belly and legs! So I end up with lots of gaping waist bands for a while.

Last time I shed a lot of weight, it took 4 stone for anyone who didn't know I was deliberately loosing it to comment. I'm not sure if they didn't notice or felt they shouldn't comment or just think of me as very fat so the different between 22 1/2 stone and 18 stone was just not noticeable!

Ah, I feel you! I always have a healthy waist-hip ratio; my waist belongs to a smaller human! It makes changing clothes sizes a bit of a pain, which is why I'm only in smaller size skirts right now... stuff that needs to be pulled onto thighs can just forget about it. Ah well. If enough comes off it will certainly be noticeable and make a difference. Good luck with your week!

Not official weigh-in until tomorrow, but I’m STILL a terrible daily-weigher, so I already know...... 199lb!

Mad excitement and the hi-fiving of cats going on.

Off for a sneaky piercing, which was the reward I promised myself, centuries ago.

Passing on Thursday happiness to you all.

Aww brilliant! Well done!

Make sure to get that piercing weighed before it goes in. :classic_wink:

So where are you having it?

Yay yay! So chuffed for ya! Where are you having the piercing?

Hahaha, I WILL have it weighed! Metal is heavy...

My septum. It’s going to look ok now because my nose is thinner? Didn’t know that was possible...

When i turned 30 my present to myself was 3 piercings. One in my belly button.i love it but looks awful once ive put on so much weight and tummys gone big. Having them in skinnier places helps lol. Your septum is gonna be just right!

Always wanted a belly piercing but have never been thin enough and old enough at the same time, I think! Maybe one day. If I was at some ultimate, way beyond current target weight.

So. I have an abundance of tattoos and piercings and should really know better, but if anyone else is as daft as me.....don’t do that when you’re on VLCD and it’s 30+ degrees, haha. Thought I was going to hit the deck. The shame! I love it, though.

Friday weigh-in: 199.4lbs.

3.2lb off this week, 23.8lbs in 6 weeks total.

Did my celebrating yesterday, but really pleased to be in the 100s and to have juuust tipped from obese to overweight. Good times. My nose doesn’t even hurt!

I am so extremely happy for you. I was sitting here with my fingers crossed for you to get into the 100s soon! Great news! And your BMI!!! Getting lowe everyday. Yaaay. Keep the good news coming, aye? X

Back