Kelpie's Diary

Hey you,

Sorry to hear about the glorious explosion.

I went through similar at the beginning of the year, you will get through it and like you say you have the support system you need.

Dxxx

Cheers pal.
I know many others here are going through it.... upheaval goes with upheaval whether positive or negative I guess. Onwards!

Sorry to hear that, Kelpie. Hang in there. It's gonna get better. Time for a new home then? That can be exciting!

Also well done in not giving in diet wise despite it all. It's going to make you feel so much better to have that portion of your life under control so keep going!

Seems to be the year for some of us to have explosions. Me too! Sorry about yours.

We're all here to help and support you kelpie. Let us know how you go on. And keep taking good care of yourself xx

Ahh, cheers all, you're the best.

As you can tell from references to dating etc up thread, it's all been very complicated for a while ("maybe an open relationship can help" etc complicated) so in reality this is a clean, big-change decision and it WILL be for the best. Excited about a new flat. Full of sadness and still torn up over decisions. But there we go.

Hoping to hit 50lb down at the weekend, and there's no better pick me up...

Aww you are such an optimistic and happy person - that is such a good update to read. Your mind really seems to be in a great place with the diet! :D

Yay! Go Kelpie, go! You're rocking this. So good to see. I don't like the sticky numbers - some are stickier than others :)

Yay! Go Kelpie, go! You're rocking this. So good to see. I don't like the sticky numbers - some are stickier than others :)

Haha yup! Thinking about this yesterday, I think it's cycle-related. I hit the 5s (195, 185, 175) at time of the month, go up a pound and generally get hit by the hormones of despair. Then before I know it I'm down in the next set of 10lbs. Nearly four months on this train and I haven't learned yet...

Started the week off at 174.6. Going to smash the 170s this week. Had to eat quite a bit this weekend to keep going - just healthy keto things but it was still scary. Going to have a strict week. Mid October is when I'll properly plan food.

Running tonight. Everything is chaos and out of my control. But I can run and drink chocolate protein and have a good scale week.

You've smashed through 1/5 of yr starting weight - and sound in control of the things you can control this week. Go Kelpie!

Started the week off at 174.6. Going to smash the 170s this week. Had to eat quite a bit this weekend to keep going - just healthy keto things but it was still scary. Going to have a strict week. Mid October is when I'll properly plan food.

Running tonight. Everything is chaos and out of my control. But I can run and drink chocolate protein and have a good scale week.
Super loss, well done! Yeah you'll totally smash your goal this week.
What do you mean by needing to eat more this weekend to keep going? And why was it scary?.... Sorry, if its too personal you dont have to answer!

Super loss, well done! Yeah you'll totally smash your goal this week.
What do you mean by needing to eat more this weekend to keep going? And why was it scary?.... Sorry, if its too personal you dont have to answer!

I was just feeling so rough, like I was going to have to spend the whole day in bed if I didn't eat. And then because I hadn't really planned it, I was nervous of eating too much. Probs had 1100 kcal each day which after so little is hard to get head around. I know it's a wee bit dangerous, thinking-wise, so it makes me more keen to get back to food. I just want some careful planning time first. I was working from 5.15 this morning..... Life is not calm!

Really good day: three shakes and 200 kcal ham and cheese.
17k steps including 3.5km run, which was just FUN... I never thought I'd get back to that point with running.

Felt really miserable and emotional during the day (my boss shared a 'keep trucking' song with me as he's the only one who knows about home situation, and I just sobbed, haha) but after running I feel great.

Staying away for a couple of nights, away from stress and in a quiet country place where I get lots of sleep. Ideal.

Sending peace out to anyone else who needs it x

Enjoy, my dear! You are one strong bunny! Never forget how awesome you are (as I think you really are as much as ive gotten to know you on here) and take good care of yourself Xx

Thanks. Peace received. Sleep well.

Enjoy, my dear! You are one strong bunny! Never forget how awesome you are (as I think you really are as much as ive gotten to know you on here) and take good care of yourself Xx

Ah, thank you so much... I am getting some sleep this week and blasting through my to do list. Couldn't do it without this support.

14k steps yesterday including 3.5k run. Felt much harder than the day before (so windy here! Running into the wind is not amusing...) but I was 2 mins faster than Monday. 3 shakes and some Babybel, food of the gods.

My thighs have slimmed out again... My leg dips above my knee, if that makes sense. Hasn't done that since I was a teenager.

Back