Kims Pregnancy/Weight Loss Diary - Fat n Frumpy to Yummy Mummy :D

20+6 weeks pregnant!

Ah well iv put on 2lb! Not suprisin the amount if lucozade n crap iv ate...so im officially in a lucozade ban! Well i wilk try my best cos im cravin the stuff but i cant imagine it bein too healthy for my baby or me!

Hopin to try burnin some cals just to keep warm! Its bloody freezin!! Lol x

Pregnancy Start Weight - 15.0 Weight Now - 15.6

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx
My Fitness Pal - xSoon2bMrsSlimx

Hello Kim

keep warm, its artic conditions out there! When i was pregnant in the 80's, i had TWO large bottles of lucozade on my hospital locker when the consultant came around (it truly stopped me feeling so sick!)..anyway..he frowned at it..and me! told me not to drink it, not good for me or baby..and advised me to switch to water!

Like you, i truly craved it, by then, i had been drinking it daily for at least 10 weeks!!! but had to give it up, it wasn't easy. I switched to flavoured diluting juice with ice cubes.

A wee glass now and again won't do you or baby any harm though..just don't get addicted like i did..it wasn't easy to give it up, but i did! :)

funny thing is, years and years ago, it was only available in the chemists in glass bottles for people who were ill, sick, under the weather and generally poorly!

Anyway, it is a craving hun and wll pass..don't worry about it! Have a great day..keep blooming!

Thnx rr! I think i needed someone to tell me it was bad, even tho knew myself, u have jus confirmed it. I cant even have a glass cos i no as soon as i buy a bottle i drink it all in an hr. I drank three big bottles in one day other day. Il stick to juice or water from now on... my babys health is more important to me than my cravings xx

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

good for you hun x but remember it is a craving, so just try as hard as possible to replace it with something else...good luck!

oh, just remembered the doctor also told me that day to have a ginger nut biscuit with a glass of iced water to reduce the sicky feeling, NOT lucozade!..

p.s. after my pregnancy then and my more recent one..i still had a glass or three now and again before and after being pregnant..ooh errr! (blush!)

Haha i dnt blame u its so yummy! Il try n resist! Well if i can...

Thanx for the tip i luv ginger nuts mmmm lol xx

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

21+2 Weeks Pregnant!

I feel so rubbish :( i really need to stop snackin on bad stuff cos my body just feels so bad cos of it. I shoukd be at the peak of my pregnancy by now.

Plan for today...

Breakfast - cereal, ss milk, cuppa
Mid-morn Snack - walkers baked crisps
Lunch - teacake, with butter
Afternoon snack - banana
Dinner - spag bol, garlic bread

Aim - no snacking on bad food like bics, choc! Drink plenty of fluid

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you feel bad hun..damn those hormones eh? ;) a litte of what you fancy is okay Kim, don't beat yourself up about it..small amounts infrequently..you'll be okay hun..and once you've had it..you won't be craving it again for a while! next time you see your midwife, ask her advice on snacking during pregnancy..and she might have healthies options ideas that will satisfy you and keep baby happy too!

have a good day x

Last edited:
Hi Kimmy,

Hope all is well try not to be too hard on yourself remember its healthy to gain abit of weight.
If I drank lucozade I probably wud be the same but my thing at your stage was cherry coke which is probably just as bad I think I drank it alot just to ease the sickness.

Your food diary doesn't look to bad hun, since xmas I have been snacking abit on chocolate or cookies so I brought some cereal bars (eat smart from morrisons there like alpen bars but cheaper!) I know there probably not great to eat either but there alot lower in fat and calories than chocolate so been having them wiv tea to warm me up as its so cold.
I feel like the last 2 wks ive not stop running around after my lo she's a little monkey at moment I suppose your little boy is the same but at least their helping their mummys to stay fit.

Anyway im 30+5 now its going so fast, had mw app last wk and baby is breech and is measuring up bit small but I don't feel small far from it, got feeling I haven't got much fluid wiv this one. Hope your next scan will be fine it be nice to have a little peak on your lil boy. xx

28+6 Weeks Pregnant

Hi ladies thanks for askin how i am :) im doin ok..iv not been on for ages proberbly cos ii know im failin terribly at the healthyness!! I put on 22lb so far this pregnancy!! I jus seem to want the wrong things and i have a huge appetite to go with that.
As for the pregnancy im now 28+6 weeks and gettin big and tired. I scaed myself the other day by fallin on my bump and ended up in hospital but luckily the baby was ok!!
Hope u ladies are all doin well. Il get on more often and even try to do a food diary. My husband is also tryin to watch what he eats so for past couple of days we have been havin 3 healthy meals together and healthy snacks so im hopin by doin this i can try maintain my weight and not pile too much more on xxx

Pregnancy Start Weight - 15.0 Weight Now - 16.8

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

Hi Kimmy,
Its so hard to watch your weight in pregnancy I been ok this time not gained much but still got the other pounds to lose from b4 pregnancy would of liked to been a few pounds lighter now than pre pregnancy. Im glad you the bump are ok after the fall that must been scary! I be meeting my baby on tuesday so getting nervous and ive still got lots to do before then xx

Remember it's healthy to gain weight during your pregnancy, at least you're trying your best to maintain your weight as much as possible :)
The fall sounds scary, glad you and baby are ok.... Take care of yourself, oh and welcome back! :) xxxx

Hi cas wow bet ur so excited to meet ur baba!! I wish it was me. Thats my problem too, that i was overweight to start wiv. But once iv had the baby im going in the exante plan to shift these stones. Im sure u will sort everything out, im plannin on doin everythn at beginin of may as i may come early again and last time id done nothin!! Lol x

Thank u linz :D im glad to be back and im glad to see other pregnant ladies have put on around the same as me so now i dnt feel as bad!! Hope ur well! ! X

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

Im due the 12th so going in bit early, im kind of ready just need to give the house a good clean and we getting the last few bits tomorrow. Its good to be organised early, you never know when buba going make his appearance! I've got all the baby bits just need to get myself ready.

Ive gained 5lb's wiv this pg so I kind of hope I have a nice loss after birth and then I try to lose the rest once ive recovered from section, I have no idea which diet to follow!

How does exante work? x

nice to see you back kim and i'm pleased you and baby okay! You must have got a fright falling over, it so easy to lose balance during later pregnancy, take care hun, hope the next 10 weeks fly past! :)

Cas3 said:
Im due the 12th so going in bit early, im kind of ready just need to give the house a good clean and we getting the last few bits tomorrow. Its good to be organised early, you never know when buba going make his appearance! I've got all the baby bits just need to get myself ready.

Ive gained 5lb's wiv this pg so I kind of hope I have a nice loss after birth and then I try to lose the rest once ive recovered from section, I have no idea which diet to follow!

How does exante work? x

Wow u have done so well only gainin 5lb!! Im so jealous! Lol im sure ur gna have a great loss. Exante is a very low cal diet wher u have 3 exante products a day either shakes, bars, soup or porridge. U lose around 12-16lb per month. Thers forums on here on it if u fancy readin about it l,i cnt wait to start it x

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

RainbowRose said:
nice to see you back kim and i'm pleased you and baby okay! You must have got a fright falling over, it so easy to lose balance during later pregnancy, take care hun, hope the next 10 weeks fly past! :)

Thank u RR its was such a shock but im jus glad hes ok. Im ready for him now im so tired n grumpy lol x

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

29+1 Weeks Pregnant!!

Feelin pretty crappy but iv been eatin quite ok so hopin not to gain anything this week. Im sure my babys head has moved right down as i feel he could just fall out sometimes!! Hes very low!

Hope evryones havin a lovely weekend! Shame about the weather x

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

I really thought I would of gained loads by now and all ive done is kept an eye on my weight no proper dieting just not eating for the sake of it but I do alot of walking wiv the stroller so maybe thats kept the weight gain low. Looking forward to being slimmer this summer I will read up exante I dont want to lose loads of weight just around 3 stone so I'll probably have about 2 stone to lose after birth, I probably write an update on pregnancy wiv out the pounds next wk. Im glad that ur ready incase your baby does makes an early appearance especially if his low already, rest up hun x

Back