Kristina's Brain Dump!

almostmrswood

Well.... like the title says, I'm just going to dump whatever is in my head onto here.

I started Exante on 26.08.11 at 16st11lbs. My willpower is shocking and that coupled with the fact I really did not like any of the shakes or bars, led to me having 2 shakes and a low carb meal in the evening. Certainly better than all the crap I was eating before though not quite what I was planning on doing.

I was losing weight though so it's all good. I very slowly got down to 15st, then got stuck! I couldn't seem to get below 15st, lowest I got was 15st0.25lbs, not good enough. :mad: Over Christmas I went up to 15st 6lbs and today I am 15st 4lbs.

I'm getting married on Sunday 26th August this year. I've chosen my dress and it will arrive in April. So I want to be as close to goal as I can by then. The woman said she'd have to order a size 22 to fit my MAHUSIVE boobs in although my waist was down to an 18 so she'd be taking that in quite a bit. Secretly (not so secret now!) I want to go to the shop in April, try on the dress, and find that it's so big on me, they have to order it again in a smaller size! Although she did say that because of the design of the dress she could alter it as much as needed without it affecting the look of it.

Something else has been playing on my mind as well. Our daughter is 2 in a few weeks. She was very much a surprise baby. I was about 13st then, so still heavier than I should've been but not hugely. My partner and I decided that we wanted another baby, so I had my coil removed nearly a year ago. I wasn't worried about being a bit wobbly at the wedding if I'd not long had another baby. As the months have gone on, it has been worrying me a bit more. My daughter was an emergency C-section, so I worry that that has caused some internal damage that is maybe causing problems. Obviously my weight could have something to do with it or it could be something else entirely.

Now I have chosen my dress, I'd rather not get pregnant before the wedding, there's certainly no room for anyone else it it!

Sooooo I want to get rid of all the extra weight in the next few months so that hopefully we can have a honeymoon baby. Also we're going somewhere sunny (not sure where yet) and I want to be able to wear a swimsuit with confidence. Think like the Special K woman. I'll never wear a bikini, my daughter has made sure of that, my belly looks like a street map, but I'll settle for a red swimsuit.

I had a textbook pregnancy but a horrific labour, which my weight certainly didn't help. Ideally I would like a home water birth for number 2, but we'll see!

I'm also trying to stop smoking (AGAIN!) which makes it a bit tougher. I stopped when I found out I was pregnant but the odd one now and again on a night out after she was born, turned into a 10 a day habit. Second week of patches so making progress.

Anyway, hows that for a waffle? I'm ordering my Slim and Save stuff tomorrow and starting on Monday. Does anyone know if the City Link next day delivery is on a Saturday as well? I hope so. Otherwise It'll be Tuesday when I start.

Excited to start now! I was really fed up of the same 4 shakes in Exante. I hope that the variety with S&S will keep me going. That and all you lovely people! :D

Looks like you have your head in the right place to do this Kristina. Also, there's nothing like your own big day to motivate you.
Good luck hun and remember you can always come on here for support...or just to dump x

hi hun just want to wish you luck and to second what maka has said this forum is brilliant for motivation and support xx

Good luck to you :) xxx

Best of luck....your weight can effect fertility....I was trying for 5 years.....4 months on LT and lost 65lbs...and got pregnant instantly!! On S and S and loving it.......

Welcome and good luck! I think the City Link is usually next working day so not Sat unless you have specifically requested Sat which is more expensive usually.

Thanks!

I thought that might be the case with the delivery. It's ok though, I have a few Exante shakes left so I'm starting on Monday with them and I'll carry on with S&S when it arrives. I have a night out tomorrow and friends over on Sunday so no point starting before Monday.

Stuff arrived today. I have to say I was expecting the meals to look more like a ready meal, rather than come in a sachet. It will be interesting trying it! Monday is Day 1. I've dusted off my Beck book as well and have crates of Coke Zero at the ready.

Yes, you need to think Beanfeast for the spag bol and chilli rather than ready meal :). All VLCDs with meals seem to be the same re the packets of dried stuff. As VLCD stuff goes it's fine though. Good luck!

Right, Day 1 has started. I'm sitting with my caffe latte shake and I'm surprised at how tasty it is. With Exante I made up the shakes, downed them in 1 go and had a can of coke zero to follow to get rid of the taste. I'm really enjoying this one, I hope they're all as good!

Working 1 to 9 today so I'm going to have a shake at work and take 2 bars with me incase I need them. I can always go straight to bed when I come home and ignore the hunger pangs.

I never have and never will know true starvation. When I'm complaining of being hungry I will remind myself of those who have never had the opportunity to get themselves fat.

Good going Kristina...but am sure you are only allowed one bar per day. I think because having two knocks some folk out of ketosis.

Good point I never thought of that, thanks. I'm hoping that I can go on a shake late afternoon then have a bar in the evening when I get home. I'll take 2 with me anyway, as it's better than anything out of the vending machine and I can keep it in my pocket and eat while working if need be.

Well, Day 1 has been fab. I love the packs so far (caffe latte shake, choc bar and spag bol) and I've just had my 200g of salad. Yum Yum! I did throw some cheese and chicken onto my salad, and mixed some chilli powder in with some sour cream, but I weighed and counted the lot. Mmmmm roll on tomorrow!

Mmmm well...... I was hoping to hit ketosis tomorrow but I doubt that will be happening now. I have been very naughty this evening and feel a bit stupid for it now. All day, there's been a little voice in my head saying 'one won't hurt, go on you know you want to' and I[ve ignored it all day, until I got home from work. Grrrr I'm so annoyed with myself, will I never learn?!

We all have blips and slips...just get back on the wagon...and keep going! Well done so far.....

Today is definitely a new day! Unexpected day off of work today as I've done something to my neck and not able to move my head properly. Ouch! No excuse for eating crap though.

I'm spending the day getting on with my wedding plans. Deposits paid (bank balance complaining!) appointments made and away to make my invitations. I've printed off a photo of my wedding dress and stuck it in my diary so my oh doesn't see it. When I'm tempted, I just need to look at that and remind myself I need to do this to look my best in it.

Bring it on!

Back