Last time diary

going for a good day today
B HEB bread, dry fried egg, 1tsp vlf spred and 1 tsp ginger marmalade....2.5 syns
L pumpkin and pepper soup. 0 percent fruit yogurt
fruit during the afternoon
D grilled, lean lamb chop, SW chips, mushrooms and tomatoes. 1 tbsp tomato sauce...1 syn

Thanks, food choices are never a problem, been doing SW since you were nought but a lass!
its what I eat in the evenings, pure and simple, that sabotages me....I know it, but seem to move to a different, stupid frame of mind after dinner. Perhaps hypnosis would help, but my French would need to be a great deal better than it is now!
its good that you are viewing my diary, gives me incentive....thanks

good ideas, thank you, will make a quiche this pm.
B boring, but same as yesterday...2.5 syns
L peppered smoked mackerel fillet, salad and 1 tbsp vlf mayonnaise....1 syn
D beef casserole with lentils....1 syn for the red wine used. Sugar free jelly and sugar free fruit yogurt
will try the quiche this evening, lets hope it tastes like chocolate...lol

B Heb weetabix, banana, half HEA milk and sweetener
L half a ham baguette at the airport, seeing friends off on their return to the UK! 2 mandarin oranges
D veal curry, not used veal before but will treat it like chicken, 3 syns for tbsp mango chutney, rice
S stewed apples and custard, small portion of each....6 syns.

B bacon, egg, tomato and mushrooms
L pumpkin soup, 2 crispbread, low fat philly and ham
D slow cooked beef with broccoli, carrot and green beans. 3 syns for gravy.
wow, sounds like a good day, still in bed in the warm at present, -6 outside....food can wait!

Last edited:

B 35g porridge with milk from HEA, sweetener and 14g dried cranberries...1.5 syns
L jacket spud with a tin of salmon and 30g vlf mayo, and a free yogurt...1 syn
D veal madras and rice, with 1 tbsp mango chutney...3 syns
5.5 syns so far

lost internet as well as phone line now...French not the quickest at repairs, so am in internet cafe...such dedication!
B Heb toast, dry fried egg, vlf marge and tsp ginger jam....1.5 syns
L jacket spud wil beans and chopped lean bacon
D chicken breast stuffed with half HEA cheddar, wrapped in bacon, with new pots, sprouts and carrots.
S stewed apple...3 syns, with custard...3 syns

Hi - your food is looking good!

Would just like to point out that smoked mackeral isn't free - it's 1.5 Syns per 100g. Also, is your fat free yogurt also sugar free? If not, then I'm afraid it will have some Syns.

I hope your internet is sorted quickly; I'd be lost without it!

in the internet cafe, so this will be short and sweet
B HEB toast, vlf spread and 1 tsp marmalade....2.5 syns. Pear and mandarin
L h/m leek and potato soup, 2 rashers lean bacon and a dry fried egg
D beef madras, free, with rice and banana in ff nat yogurt. 1 tbsp mango chutney...3 syns
5.5 syns so far, but still nibbling at chocolate in the evenings, blows it all! How stupid is that. Must take control

I've just spotted that you are a fellow devotee of ginger marmalade! I love ginger anything!

Unfortunately I can't help with the evening munchies as it's something I suffer from. I can be as 'good' as anything during the day but almost the minute I've finished my evening meal I'm looking for little treats

looking at you stats, you have done brilliantly, you must keep the evening nibbles ruthlessly locked away!
its sweet things I crave, and once started, thats it...control out of the window. I have a new adventure starting mid January, though, and am DETERMINED to be thinner and fitter to better enjoy it
thanks again for your interest

sunny day, have lost a little weight, so feeling positive today. Ticker hasn't changed, but am now 80.6k
B as usual, HEB bread, vlf spread and ginger marmalade....2.5 syns
pear and 2 mandarin oranges
L leek and potato soup, 0 percent yogurt
D home made beefburger with SW chips, tomatoes and mushrooms
E sugar free jelly
looking at it, doesn't look like a lot of superfree...more fruit during the day!

looking at you stats, you have done brilliantly, you must keep the evening nibbles ruthlessly locked away! its sweet things I crave, and once started, thats it...control out of the window. I have a new adventure starting mid January, though, and am DETERMINED to be thinner and fitter to better enjoy it thanks again for your interest

Thank you. I agree that once you have the taste, it's very hard to stop. I try not to buy things that I know I'll have trouble with - that way I only have to be strong-minded once ie in the shop! Alternatively, measure out your portion, eat and immediately follow with a drink to remove the taste - easier than the oft-suggested brushing your teeth.

Good luck - you sound as though you are in the right frame of mind to get to where you want to be.

Can you believe I am here, starting again....
moved back to the UK....hooray...joined SW locally, great group...didn't lose anything in 6 weeks, so totally caved in.
i am now 4 kilos heavier, facing more major back surgery and really in need of help.
i know everyone says this, but this will be the time I succeed.
B Heb bread, dry fried egg, lf spread 2 syns, pear and one of my 5 cups of tea using half Hea.
L mug shot and banana...not ideal, but am going to France for a month tomorrow so need to empty all ffods
D hairy bikers chicken rogan josh with loads of added veg..reckon 2 syns at most
E options choc drink...keep the evening nibbles at bay.
up at 4.30 tomorrow for an early flight, breakfast will be a banana and yogurt grabbed before I leave.

Back in France for a month, family holiday visits coming up. Always a hard diet time, with yummy goodies, baguettes, cakes etc bought for family, but I am determined to do my best. If I wait for a "normal" week, I will wait forever.
B banana at 0400, cheese and ham croissant....eeek on the plane,
D pork casserole, SW friendly with veg, once I have the oomf to go shopping.
i suppose if I see the croissant as both
B and L, maybe not too bad
travelling days always difficult.
better day coming tomorrow

Hey - it's great to see you back on here! Good luck with your fresh start but enjoy your time in France; I'll be there myself in two weeks and so looking forward to it.

Any tips for good things for things to buy - or avoid - gratefully received. We're self-catering and will mostly be shopping at Leclerc supermarkets and local markets.

I hope you enjoyed the croissant - just the thing to get you into 'French mode'!

Back