LauraLoo and baby number 2

Ha ha thats what i think when im out shopping now. There are some things alot better then others but just a chance you take! Wish they did maternity! New look basic tops seems to be quite cheap to x

Happy 15 weeks to me :) STS this morning so 9lbs on in total still. I've been eating the same but have been a lot more active now I feel less like death. I'm doing a partially uphill 3 mile walk as I type this. Trying not to trip. Remind me why I said I'd be up for gerbil feeding duty?!
Would like to stay the same for a bit longer too, that'd be nice.

Seeing the midwife at 2. My little girl is coming with me. I told her we might get to hear the baby and she's excited about what it might say :D oops!

Although my sickness and general feeling rubbishness has faded my emotions seem to have gone crazy. It's like everything is amplified x10. If there's something stressing me out/upsetting me (having a nightmare over getting my little girl into a decent local school because we moved at the wrong time) then it's REALLY upsetting me. But at the same time I wanted to burst and cry happy tears because Mia looked cute eating her tea the other night :D Andy repeatedly tells me he's glad he's a boy!

X

Seeing the midwife at 2. My little girl is coming with me. I told her we might get to hear the baby and she's excited about what it might say :D oops! ]

Will make me chuckle all day!!

Aw try not to get stressed everything will work out x

I had a home birth and it's not actually that messy. They tell you to get some plastic sheeting and we got some from B&Q but never used it. They brought some of those pads with them that they put on hospital beds. It was great, I had my first in hospital and the home birth was muchy more relaxing, if giving birth can ever be relaxing :) Afterwards they ran me a bath and tidied the bed up for me. My daughter was downstairs with my mum and dad and they said they didn't hear anything. My other daughter came up to see her new sister straight away and it was a much nicer meeting for them than in a hospital, which I thought might be a bit strange for her.
Good luck :)

Seeing the midwife at 2. My little girl is coming with me. I told her we might get to hear the baby and she's excited about what it might say :D oops! ]

Will make me chuckle all day!!

Aw try not to get stressed everything will work out x

Ha ha. It made me laugh. She's so sweet. She loved hearing the heartbeat and swishing noises when baby was moving though and had lots of questions after. She's so excited about being the big sis :) X

I had a home birth and it's not actually that messy. They tell you to get some plastic sheeting and we got some from B&Q but never used it. They brought some of those pads with them that they put on hospital beds. It was great, I had my first in hospital and the home birth was muchy more relaxing, if giving birth can ever be relaxing :) Afterwards they ran me a bath and tidied the bed up for me. My daughter was downstairs with my mum and dad and they said they didn't hear anything. My other daughter came up to see her new sister straight away and it was a much nicer meeting for them than in a hospital, which I thought might be a bit strange for her.
Good luck :)

Oooooh thanks for this it's all food for thought. I feel like I've got ages to decide but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it.
It does sound like a lovely experience...like you say, as lovely as it can be :D x

15+1 :) I've got that 'everything is awesome' song from the Lego movie in my head today :D I feel good. Think it's because it's Mummy and Moo day and the sun is shining. I reckon a little picnic in the park might be in order. Yay!

Everything went well with the MW yesterday. Heartbeat right where I thought I'd been feeling baby move so now I'm 100% that that's what I've been feeling...although I already was but it's nice to get confirmation.

Only thing that, not bothered me really, but bothered me slightly, possibly (ha, sorry) was that I have a new midwife. I'd only met the other one once but I'd instantly liked her. My MW with Mia was fab and I'd been apprehensive meeting the new one but she seemed great. Quite 'no nonsense' and down to earth, which I like. She was only a bit older than me and had 2 young sons, one the same age as Mia. Anyway the new one is a lot older and reminded me of my Mum a bit. Now I love my Mum but she's my Mum, I'm 30 soon and she still likes to remind me to blow my nose and wear a warmer coat...

I know a lot more experience comes with age but not necessarily. Hmmmm. I don't know. I guess time will tell. Don't have to go back til 26 weeks, unless I have a home birth she'll probably have nothing to do with my actual labour, there's the visits afterwards to think about but then I'm sure she's lovely and I'm just making a snap judgment :D like I say I'm not overly bothered yet I just wasn't expecting it. X

Oh and THE STRANGEST EVER preggo dream.

I dreamt that if I pulled the skin tight across my stomach I could see the baby really clearly so I was showing everyone...then went and bought a jar of cockles (!) and did the same to them (!!) and discovered little babies in them all. Not cockle babies but human babies :D so so so strange! X

Coz cookie babies would be just weird ha ha !!

Iv had three gp midwife appointments and seen a different one every time, didnt like the first she seemed really put out that i just didnt know how far gone i was and was guessing at 7 weeks! And seen another 4 when i have been for my two scans!

Coz cookie babies would be just weird ha ha !!

Iv had three gp midwife appointments and seen a different one every time, didnt like the first she seemed really put out that i just didnt know how far gone i was and was guessing at 7 weeks! And seen another 4 when i have been for my two scans!

Oh yeah you see countless different midwives throughout, I guess I'd just got used to the idea of the original one as my community mw, my 'go to' :)
Sheffield hospital is a teaching hospital, I lost count of how many different midwives and student midwives I saw when I was being induced and actually having Mia. It was ridiculous, they worked in packs :D

I've been really lucky I've seen the same midwife throughout and she's lovely. I just thought that was the standard everywhere x

I've been really lucky I've seen the same midwife throughout and she's lovely. I just thought that was the standard everywhere x

That is lucky.
Last time I had the same one who was 'mine' for my standard check up appointments and home visits after the birth but saw countless different ones at the hospital even though I only had the 2 scans and then my induction.
It's the same this time apart from the rejig of community midwives, she thinks she'll be mine for good now though :) x

My head has been pounding since lunchtime. Had a lovely day aside from that though. The weather always makes such a difference.
My eyes want to close but I don't seem to be able to stop binge watching Revenge. It's so bad but so good! :D

Head still bad :( feel like it's going to turn in to a cold. My ears and throat hurt too. And my neck. Might have to give in to paracetamol, wanted to avoid them like I did first time round but could do with some relief. That's if we've even got any, don't like taking them at the best of times.

Hi,

Here to follow! How many weeks are you now?
Im due my little girl at the end of August im so excited.

Hi,

Here to follow! How many weeks are you now?
Im due my little girl at the end of August im so excited.

Hiya, 16 weeks on Thursday. Awww is she your first? Girls are lovely, mine is 4 :)
X

15+5, eeeeee nearly 16 weeks.

Headache seems to have passed, that wasn't much fun for a couple of days.

I've just been trying on dresses and got a bit of a shock in the mirror...how is it possible to look like this at 4 months pregnant?!

Going to a festival on Saturday, looking forward to it, although everyone will be drinking *sigh* I've told Andy every time he buys a drink I'm buying food :D

X

Attachments

• image-2813618966.jpg
    image-2813618966.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 77
Also my legs are getting fat :(

Last summer was the first summer I had good legs, I was running at least 3 times a week and I had an awesome tan. I miss them. I will have them back next summer!!

Hiya, 16 weeks on Thursday. Awww is she your first? Girls are lovely, mine is 4 :)
X

Yup my first and I'm so nervous about being a mummy. I should be nervous about giving birth lol but it's afterwards once I get home I'm worried about.

I don't think your legs are fat. It's hard dressing while pregnant. Now I have a big bump I find it easier. But the in 4-5month phase where I just looked fat I found hard.

They say bump is bigger sooner with 2nd

Back