Laura's bit of everything diet!

Well yesterday was a long day, started off nice enough. I knew I was going out for a meal to nandos, so only had one shake in the day and was sensible at nandos, very proud of my restraint. Plus Id normally be drinking 2 or 3 days over the weekend, so one meal out is much better :p Went to see the quartet with my parents which I really enjoyed. Came home about 10pm. Really suffering from insomnia atm and could not face any uni work, so as Ive just moved house I decided to unpack some boxes. 4 boxes later and its 2am and Im ready to settle down, but for the past week something has been playing on my mind. The stone and a bit Ive lost is very noticeable on my tummy, but the past couple of days I look pregnant. I know I was silly with my ex in nov so Im starting to get paranoid. Ive previously been told I have very little chance of getting pregnant because of the amount of cysts I have from PCOS, so we werent always as careful as we should have been. The other thing is I came off the depo injection in May after being on it 2 years and am still waiting for my periods to return, so I dont have a cycle to measure against. I know I have a test in the house so I figure Ill take it to put my mind at rest cos I know it will be negative and I can relax. So I take the test...

but its positive. Cue panic attack, lots of crying and hyperventilation. Decide to drive to my parents and wake them, send my dad off to get more tests to double check. Have since taken 2 more which are negative. have a 4th to take tmrw morning. Done a lot of internet reading and I dont think I am because apparently due to my PCOS and some meds I am on for it, they can cause a false positive. Off to docs on monday to double check.

So got to bed at 9am this morning, emotionally drained and exhausted. slept all day and now I have to try write my dissertation which is due on Thursday.

Wow. Not exactly how I saw yesterday going.

So drawing a line under the nightmare that was yesterday.......

Trying to get my sleeping pattern back to normal is an absolute pain in the bum! I had only just got back into a good routine for the last week because I have insomnia! argghhh so irritating but it cant be undone. Going to try and sleep by 2-3am tonight and hopefully, be back on my game tmrw cos I have so much work to do by Thursday :(

SO yesterdays food consisted of one meal of weight watchers sausages, diet mash and grilled red pepper. Wish some diet gravy. - about 600cals and 1 shake. Such a weird day. up all night and slept in the day, really messes with my eating!

Today I managed to get up at 5pm compared to yesterdays 8pm :( better but not good. Ive come to my parents because a couple times before it has helped me get my insomnia in check, also means I do more work because I wont get distracted and start unpacking boxes or clean my house :p

Does have the downside that I eat with them tho, so tonights meal wasnt exactly what I would have chosen but I didnt eat lots. Was a sunday roast, so avoided potatoes, parsnips and yorkie puds. If im hungry later Ill have a shake, then hopefully get to sleep earlier, maybe with the help of my prescription for insomnia! Then tmrw, head down, writing all day, and doing the diet properly.

Glad Im at my parents actually as my Dad just found out he has cancer again, and hes been in pain all week, only just decided to tell us! So my mum and I have just sent him off to the hospital (he refused to let us go with him) so at least Im here to keep my worried mother company - and on the straight and narrow too as she is also dieting :p

Well, looking forward to tmrw so I can say goodbye to this horrible weekend..

X

Oh dear, sounds like you had a rubbish weekend! Hope all goes well for you when you go the dr's on Monday and hope your dad gets on ok at the hospital.
Your weight watchers cooked breakfast sounded very tasty! Hope your week gets better

Thanks! yeah I think its just one of those weekends thats sent to test!

WW breakie is lovely, Sausages are really quite nice - a bit different to normal sausages tho, bacon medallions- no fat, grilled with a squirt of fry light. scrambled egg and plum tomatoes which are my fave!

Guess who's back!! First ww meeting tonight tho liking ur idea! Thought you find this interesting.....

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Thought I do this as I can only afford a half price month at ww and can't afford to buy all the food I need to eat my points. Did really well at calorie countin before I plateaued.

You're doing amazing!!!! We should get together and do cal free drinking ;) water anyone!! X

Have you got my number?? Xx

yeah I think its in a FB message somewhere! Im alright tho really! Just a bit mentally challenged after this weekend, over stretched!

Managed to sleep quite normally- ish, well compared to the last 2 days. 3.30am - 12 noon. Tonight I should be right back to normal! back on the water, prob have a shake in a couple hours...

WEEE LETS DO THIS!

X

yeah I think its in a FB message somewhere! Im alright tho really! Just a bit mentally challenged after this weekend, over stretched!

Managed to sleep quite normally- ish, well compared to the last 2 days. 3.30am - 12 noon. Tonight I should be right back to normal! back on the water, prob have a shake in a couple hours...

WEEE LETS DO THIS!

X

Game on girl! Text support available! X

Hi hun

Sounds like you have had a stressful weekend (hugs) Well done on staying strong despite everything though Im not sure i could have!
I hope your dad got on alright at the hospital must be such a worring time. Well here's to another week of fighting the urges and staying strong to watch the lbs melt away
X

yeah he came back last night, they think he has appendicitis maybe? but they just sent him home cos its not bad enough for them to do anything atm. They just said come back if the pain gets worse!

The cancer is in his kidney tho, so could be referred pain? Who knows, he went to work this morning tho so I guess hes feeling okay. Hes a headteacher tho so he always feels duty bound to go to work, the only time in his life he ever had time off was the last time he had cancer :/ Even then he went in the day after chemo. I wish I could force him to stay home!

x

yeah he came back last night, they think he has appendicitis maybe? but they just sent him home cos its not bad enough for them to do anything atm. They just said come back if the pain gets worse!

The cancer is in his kidney tho, so could be referred pain? Who knows, he went to work this morning tho so I guess hes feeling okay. Hes a headteacher tho so he always feels duty bound to go to work, the only time in his life he ever had time off was the last time he had cancer :/ Even then he went in the day after chemo. I wish I could force him to stay home!

x

Where is his school? X

I realised I should start my own diary because I was just bombarding everyone else's :p I never really felt the need to have my own diary before, but Ive always slipped up and failed and restarted so maybe this will keep me in check! and keep me off everyone else's diaries, moaning about my own issues!

So a bit of background...

Been mucking about with VLCDs and GI since 2008 when I was just 16 stone, found myself all the way up for 20 stone in Nov and thought something has to change! Been up and down like crazy and never sticking to anything. Going for a slightly different approach this time of anything is better than nothing. I know its not to everyones taste, but I doing a bit of this and bit of that. Losely following a celebrity slim plan of 2 packets of meal replacement, 1 small low carb meal and 3 snacks. I am going to eat out and Im not going to hate myself when I break the rules. I am going to be sensible and find work arounds. Be proud of myself when I simply eat a smaller portion of the bad stuff. I know this might upset people but I have finally found something workable and realistic for the long term!

I am also going to accept that I am not going to be a size 14 in 10 days...

A bit about me... I am 24 and have just returned to education to be a mature student for a year. Which is really useful as it has taken me out of my working routine and allowed me to change my food related habits. I also live alone, with no pesky bf/family to scupper my dieting plans!

So because Ive done/am doing ever diet going, everyone is welcome to come along for the ride! Im interested in VLCD tips, healthy eating/cooking, investigating SW/WW for future reference, calorie counting and exercise!

Mostly, if you want to have a moan about being a fatty and putting the world to rights, you'll fit right in with me! haha

Lastly, I do have a very sarcastic sense of humour and I do worry that isnt conveyed well in text, so please dont take anything I write too seriously! and anything I write about diets/my dieting is not always the company line... dont be offended, just my 2 pence!

Awesome! Let me know how u get on with celeb slim.... Is it gross?? X

Eastleigh.

Its exactly the same as cambridge, W8, LL, SnS alllll the same, a few different flavours, much cheaper than LL, W8 and CWP tho!

Tesco meal replacement is slightly different as you add skimmed milk not water, found it very thick and made me feel sick, but Im a bit funny with lactose, maybe just that...

x

I realised I should start my own diary because I was just bombarding everyone else's :p I never really felt the need to have my own diary before, but Ive always slipped up and failed and restarted so maybe this will keep me in check! and keep me off everyone else's diaries, moaning about my own issues!

So a bit of background...

Been mucking about with VLCDs and GI since 2008 when I was just 16 stone, found myself all the way up for 20 stone in Nov and thought something has to change! Been up and down like crazy and never sticking to anything. Going for a slightly different approach this time of anything is better than nothing. I know its not to everyones taste, but I doing a bit of this and bit of that. Losely following a celebrity slim plan of 2 packets of meal replacement, 1 small low carb meal and 3 snacks. I am going to eat out and Im not going to hate myself when I break the rules. I am going to be sensible and find work arounds. Be proud of myself when I simply eat a smaller portion of the bad stuff. I know this might upset people but I have finally found something workable and realistic for the long term!

I am also going to accept that I am not going to be a size 14 in 10 days...

A bit about me... I am 24 and have just returned to education to be a mature student for a year. Which is really useful as it has taken me out of my working routine and allowed me to change my food related habits. I also live alone, with no pesky bf/family to scupper my dieting plans!

So because Ive done/am doing ever diet going, everyone is welcome to come along for the ride! Im interested in VLCD tips, healthy eating/cooking, investigating SW/WW for future reference, calorie counting and exercise!

Mostly, if you want to have a moan about being a fatty and putting the world to rights, you'll fit right in with me! haha

Lastly, I do have a very sarcastic sense of humour and I do worry that isnt conveyed well in text, so please dont take anything I write too seriously! and anything I write about diets/my dieting is not always the company line... dont be offended, just my 2 pence!

Hi there,
Hows the diet going?? is it shakes you have or calorie counting?
I am on ww at the mo- this is my second week (my first proper week as the first ended with a massive binge haha) and i chose ww because i previously lost weight on GI and i was told WW is GI so thought i'd give it a go.
I am 26 and just finished uni and battled with my weight for the whole 3 years (between drinking, takeaways, mcdonalds), was a dieting nighmare. I am off back to uni to do my post grad and am refusing to let the same thing happen.
Does having a food diary on here help?
I just want to meet like minded people who also struggle with their weight. My boyfriend thinks that eating one crunchy a day is a diet haha ( i hate naturally skinny people who do not put on weight, i so much as sniff a mars bar i go up a clothes size!)
sorry rant over
xx

Hello!

I do a combination of both really! depending on what the day is like, atm I am roughly following the celeb slim plan - which is two shakes,a meal and 3 snacks - fruit, veg, nuts, homous, low fat yogs etc.. The meals they recommend are just protein and fruit/veg and about 500-600cals. I am a bit more lenient than that tho and if I dont fancy chicken and salad for dinner, I find a low fat alternative. I like diet cookbooks, WW meals, GI dinners, Low fat ready meals if I have no time or energy. So long as I am with 1000 cals for the day. No matter what Im doing I try to avoid sugar and carbs.

So today I had a choc shake about lunchtime, an apple. Then an old GI fave of mine, sausage and pulse casserole, which is yummy! Then Ill prob have another shake in a bit, maybe some more fruit.

I found being easier and more realistic with myself has helped me continue for longer. The food diary helps in the same way going to a group would. You have to admit to your failings and be accountable, which helps you plan better for the future. Discover new strategies and how to change patterns.

I am really enjoying it so far and I didnt think I would! I lurked on this site for about a year before I even signed up! and then when I did, I only ever commented on everyone elses diaries. but even if no one reads this, its helped me loads!

Uni was an absolute nightmare for me! lol I went from being a 16 to a 20 soooooo much takeaway and drink :/ and all my friends were eating and drinking the same but they were all so skinny, it was pretty heartbreaking, so I know how you feel!
Uni this time round is actually much easier, but then I just drive in for my lectures and then leave. not really made friends as such as I am only there for a year! Plus they all seem so young and skinny so I hate them :p I know my mum wants me to go to graduation and I dont want to be the fattest by about 5 stone :( which I am atm :( I graduated last year and the pictures made me die on the inside!

Dont worry Lucy, you will find a million people on here, in your position, throwing themselves at you to support you! :p Just come online when your feeling weak, we can all help talk you off the ledge and away from the biscuits :p

x

Good to know about the shakes. Might try them... How much are they?

Xx

Think about 20 quid for a weeks worth! x

Hi Laura

hope your dads feeling better, parents hey a pain in the arse i bet if it was the other way round he would have had you stay at home instead of going to work lol

keep up the great work hun is it weigh in tomorrow for you?
xx

Thanks hun, he said he was feeling better last night, so fingers crossed, just the cancer to beat lol

It is tmrw yes! its not looking amazing I have to say, but only myself to blame, last couple of days when I weight Ive only been 1 or 2 pounds down which disappointed me so its kicked my butt into gear! Got up early this morning and went to aqua fit and did some lengths after so an hours exercise today. and just having chicken and salad for dinner tonight, this last weekend has knocked me off my game a bit and need to get my head back in, but Im already worrying about next weekend lol Im up to see friends in london, which means drinks, meal out and breakfast together, not sure how well Im going to do so really need to have a good week before and after!

Must try harder is todays thought of the day!

X

Back