Laura's last EVER diet!!

I did go to the gym, asked my mum to meet there so I wouldn't back out haha! Going swimming straight from work tomorrow night too! Would go tonight but its WI...dun dun DUN!!!

Doing the age old trick of not eating/drinking much today haha! Don't think it will make much difference but I guess l will feel better haha!

I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week in October, as there are 5 WIs in the month = 10lbs off in total...but think I may have scuppered this weeks...and don't even think there's much chance of me losing 1lb to even out over the two if that makes sense?? Ahh well, we will see, I've always said I'm not going to stop living my life, and this weekend I had a good night out with the girls and a takeaway with my fella... They are two things I am still going to make the effort to enjoy every once in a while :)

(Just not to the excess that I used to!!)

Fingers crossed that the scales are kind to me tonight!! And good luck to any other Tuesday weighers!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh man, GOOD LUCK!! I know that WI morning feeling too well, lol - oh God, what do I eat, what do I drink, fluid oh God FLUID!!

You have the best attitude though. What will be will be. If it's a loss, then awesome - motivation to keep at it. If it's a STS (or even a gain), then whoopsie - but carry on regardless! I've actually been looking at my progress record and imagining a few STS', tiny losses (0.5lbs etc) and even a couple of gains in there just to prepare myself, cos I'm sure they'll happen. And that's the thing about SW - you don't need to sacrifice your treats, enjoy them, just as you say - not to the excess we all used to before :)

Let us know how WI goes. I'm all full of beans today lol, dunno what's got into me but I hope it lasts til Thurs morning!

I. Am. Starving!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just 2 hours til WI, 3 til I can eat haha! Not even home from work yet like, and got quiche to make for tea for when I get in from SW, so should at least be busy enough until then!! Xx

Quiche...omnomnom. Can't wait to see how your WI went!

Sheanin said:
Quiche...omnomnom. Can't wait to see how your WI went!

Quiche (minus crust obvs) was delish...and I l..... STAYED THE SAME!! It teetered between that and half off, but I am thankful!! Xxx

My thoughts exactly Starburst :)

As I stood on the scales this evening the numbers were just teetering between an STS and a half lb loss, and to be honest, I'm really ok with the result tonight. Last week was by no means dreadful, but I had two nights off plan, even if one of them was only ever so slightly by a handful of syns... HOWEVER, this has, if anything only gone to make me feel much more confident about the time when I eventually have to maintain my weight, If I just have to do what I'm doing now, and can have a night out and/or a takeaway, I will be over the moon!!

There was a woman at my class this evening who said she had been at target for around 24 years...In 24 years, when I am 47, I want to be that same, slim woman!! I am so pleased that 7 weeks in I am still feeling positive, and am still certain that although this is not a quick fix, it IS going to be the solution to my problems!!

I am continuing with my pact to myself to get to the gym at least 3 times this week (and from now on) and have given my mum (who I go to the gym with) my swimming gear to take with her, so that I can't change plans, as I will feel bad that she is relying on me to go with her and we will keep each other company, and have a nice jacuzzi, sauna and steam room when we are done!

Right...time to chill out in bed, good luck to everyone else with this weeks WI xxxxxxx

Laura that is massively inspiring, I love your attitude, really. Stick at it and it will work!

Think I'm in for a small loss or poss even a STS going by my scales, I am ok with it anyway but this gave me an even bigger boost. Thanks!

Sheanin said:
Laura that is massively inspiring, I love your attitude, really. Stick at it and it will work!

Think I'm in for a small loss or poss even a STS going by my scales, I am ok with it anyway but this gave me an even bigger boost. Thanks!

Thank you :) this has really made me smile on my way to work!

I never thought I'd be the person to say ... A small loss/STS is better than a gain haha, but here I am!! I really don't want to gain at all, but I'm sure it will happen somewhere along the line haha!

Today I've planned what I'm having up until dinner, where I have a few options - possible diet coke chicken, possibly chicken, veg, tatties, depends how bothered I can be after my swim!!

Haven't uploaded a menu in a while, so here is today's -

Breakfast - apple (on way to work) 2 x Weetabix (hex b) milk (hex a) golden syrup (2 syns)

Lunch - left over bacon and onion quiche, grapes.

Dinner - see above choices.

Treat - 5 mikado sticks (2.5 syns)

Excersise - swimming (at least 10 lengths- not a great swimmer!)

Have a good day everyone! Xxx

rachels700 said:
Hi hope you don't mind I joined on here today and stumbled across your thread you all sound like me! Hope we can encourage each other to stay on track! Rach

Hi Rachel! Course I don't mind, we are a friendly little bunch, as long as you don't mind putting up with my ramblings haha! Xxx

hey just wanted to say great diary your doing so well :) carrie

How are you getting on Laura? I'm preparing myself for one of those small losses later this morning lol. If I haven't lost 1.5lbs then my body is messing with me!

carrieann78 said:
hey just wanted to say great diary your doing so well :) carrie

Thanks so much :) hope you are doing well too :) x

Sheanin said:
How are you getting on Laura? I'm preparing myself for one of those small losses later this morning lol. If I haven't lost 1.5lbs then my body is messing with me!

Ahh I'm sure you will be fab!! I tend to have a couple of smaller losses then a more chunky one every once in a while, which I don't mind, just got to try hard not to be disheartened by the little losses, I think it always evens itself out in the end.

I'm doing good, really going for it this week, want 2lbs off this week, need 1.5 for my 10% but would like a little extra due to this weeks STS. Didn't make swimming last night, had to work late, and think tonight's going to be the same :-( will bring my stuff to work tomorrow and go straight there, good start to the weekend :) xxx

Get your arse to the pool tomorrow missy, lol. I have every faith you'll get a good loss next week, just stick at it, think of the training montage in that Rocky movie hahaha!

Well, I had a good day today and shouted it from the bloody rooftops. 4lbs off, half stone award, slimmer of the week and to top it all off, I'm into the next stones bracket (10s). Got 4.5lbs left to achieve my stone award, then another 2 for my Club 10 - and then it gets tough as I start aiming for the 9s. I'll be more relaxed at that stage though as I know it has to come off slowly.

Bloody hell that's brilliant, what on earth have you been doing??? I am so over the moon for you!! Well I was going to swim tonight...but now I've changed my mind and am going to the cinema with a friend. Going to take some mikado sticks to munch on while I'm there, and will have a coke zero too.

I am DEFINITELY going swimming or to the gym tomorrow night I wanna catch you up!! Brilliant on getting your half stone!! I need 1.5 off for my 10%, then 3 more after that for my 1.5stone, so much easier to break it up, feels like you are getting there quicker.

I'm in a very good frame of mind this week, feeling very determined and in the swing of things!! Xxxx

Lol it's only because I just finished my 2nd week - believe me it'll start slowing down soon. Haven't been doing anything special other than sticking rigidly to plan, using my syns on relatively healthy things (usually incorporated into a meal), superfree and free snacks (not too many), ALWAYS getting my 1/3 superfree and a bit of body magic.

Don't discount how far you've come either - you have made huge progress and you need to keep looking back and remembering that. If it weren't for the fact that I was horrendously sick with morning sickness during my pregnancy, I'd probably have been much heavier by now; the pounds were really piling on since my son's birth as it was, I just happened to catch a grip before it went too far.

Also, by the time I'm getting losses of 0.5lbs every few weeks, you'll be sailing through and I'll be trying to catch you up!

I slacked on the super free a bit last week too, got my carrots and cauli boiling away nicely as we speak to have with gammon and new pots :)

I think we are both doing pretty damn decent haha, lets keep it up for as long as possible, and hope our losses keep up with us!! I'd LOVE 3 off this week, that's gonna be my aim!!

Xxx

Back