lauryn's jouney to being a yummy mummy!

That's a brilliant loss 7lbs well done .... keep it up hun you can do it! x

Hi everyone :)

So sorry I haven't been on much, I've even deserted my own diary! I'm back at work now after my maternity leave so finding it hard to get on, & when I am at home I'm always too busy!

So my first week went very well, considering...! I lost 9lbs in total, yay, but ended up having a bottle of wine on Saturday & a few crisps so knocked myself completely out of ketosis and for some reason am finding this 2nd week a lot harder (probably due to me getting to ketosis & then coming out of it so soon!) grrr really mad with myself! So ive been thinking of switching to working solutions as I'm not as committed as I'd like to be with total ATM... Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas? xx

Ihad a bottle of wine and a packet of crisps and a sandwich last saturday and I ended up losing 5lbs that week just by getting back on 100%TS so I would personally recommend that. It's entirely up to you, if you're happier with a slower weight loss then go for it but just make sure you definitely eat healthily. Good luck whatever you decide :)

Wow really? I'm definitely not happier with a slow weight loss :( but I hate feeling guilty when I do cheat lol so thought WS might be better for me! Plus with the cheating that means coming out of ketosis so the diet will never get any easier!! Ahhh confused! x

I understand what you're saying and going through!

I know I kepe referring back to myself but it's because I only really have myself to go on but I've found that if I'm doing something like feeding my daughter adn I have a couple of mouthfuls of her food as I'm feeding her, it sort of makes me not then binge because I'm still getting tiny amounts of food. I've not been in ketosis since i started this diet and haven't found it any easier or harder than anyone else....after so long, your tummy shrinks, your body gets used to what it's getting foodwise and gets used to it anyway. I think WS will give you a slower weight loss of half a stone a month (which is still very good), TS is a stone a month which is even better. maybe if you try to do TS but then if you pick, don't beat yourself up, just try to be 100% the next day? OR accept a slower weight loss (which means it will go back on slower too which is a good thing), it will be easier for you to re-introduce food when get to goal and maybe more manageable for you??? It's entirely your choice, which do you want more, fast weight loss or food?! LOL that's what it ultimately comes down to chicken :) xx

@ Bouncybride I love your view on the diet. I must admit I believed that the only way to do this diet is to do it 100%. I had to learn that sometimes I will fall off, but I can come back and it will still work. I dont want to feel that I have failed. We would all love to be 100% and hats off to those who are. But I am not going to beat myself up, because I do not want food to control me anymore. I am going to pick myself up and carry on as if nothing happened (I hope).

@Lauryn. Please dont beat yourself up. I know how you feel but try pushing through with TS. If you have to start over do it. A lot of people on here do it all the time. Dont give up!! Lots of hugs. XXX

@ Bouncybride I love your view on the diet. I must admit I believed that the only way to do this diet is to do it 100%. I had to learn that sometimes I will fall off, but I can come back and it will still work. I dont want to feel that I have failed. We would all love to be 100% and hats off to those who are. But I am not going to beat myself up, because I do not want food to control me anymore. I am going to pick myself up and carry on as if nothing happened (I hope).

@Lauryn. Please dont beat yourself up. I know how you feel but try pushing through with TS. If you have to start over do it. A lot of people on here do it all the time. Dont give up!! Lots of hugs. XXX

I think it's the only way to be isn't it! As long as we try our very best, why feel guilty??!! Sometimes I think "oh, i need to pick, I'm going to have a nibble" and give in but then other times I think "nope, only a few more hours to go until the day is done" so really I think it weighs up pretty evenly! I'm like you and don't want food to control me anymore which is why if I really REALLY want something, I have it. I really do believe that's the key too, even when exante is finished, if you REALLY want something then have it but don't just eat for the sake of it!!! (PaulMckenna - I swear by him!) lol

How long have you been doing exante ctnm????? x

I started again on Sunday. So today is my 5th day. The only reason why I made it to today is because I changed my attitude. I have never made it past the first day before, because I would have a blip and then think thats it its over. I have not been 100% so I have messed it up now, because I failed. Game over. I already know I am not going to be 100%, because when I want to eat I will and I refuse to see it as failure. That thought is what is getting me through everyday at the moment.

That's exactly what works for me, I've just fed my daughter and hada few mouthfuls of her dinner!! I'm not looking at it in a bad way and I don't feel guilty because at the end ofthe day, it's keeping me on track...just like you. Also, sometimes if I pick at O/H & daughters dinner as I'm making it of an evening, I won't be hungry afterwards when it's time for my soup so won't have it! I'm just doing it my way and as long as it's working, I'm happy. The week I don't lose anything will be the week I go absolutely 100%. I class 100% as not having a meal though! lol I ignore the picking! naughty really.

You both are completely right :) I'm just beating myself up over it & by doing that, sabotaging the diet myself!! I've started over and so far so good! I've done well today although felt sooo hungry and desperately wanted to pick at the babies food, so I had a couple of ryebreads instead... hope it doesn't make to much difference! xx

You both are completely right :) I'm just beating myself up over it & by doing that, sabotaging the diet myself!! I've started over and so far so good! I've done well today although felt sooo hungry and desperately wanted to pick at the babies food, so I had a couple of ryebreads instead... hope it doesn't make to much difference! xx

That's fine lauryn, at the end of the day, if sometimes you need a little something to get you through, just have it, a slice of ham, ryebreads, whatever it is...remeber, you'reonly on 600cals a day so havin something small is only going to put it up to about 700! You'll still lose weight on that lovely!!!

You will find also that by doing that youbecome stronger and maybe some days won't need to pick at all but know that if you want to you can. In fact, knowing that ifyou want to you can sort of makes it easier not to if that makes sense?!?!lol

Really pleased you had a good day yesterday and I hopetoday goes just as well :) x x

Hi Lauryn catch up time again. Glad to hear your still losing it may be slow but well worth it. I'm still doing TS for four days Mon to Thurs and at the weekend I add a meal no carbs etc and I have a drink as well. I'm still losing the weight slowly but enjoying it a whole lot more xx

Hi guys! I've been really slack updating, and not doing that well with the diet either :-/ got back from my holiday on Saturday, and although I tried to not be too bad, I had regained 7lbs (lost 9lbs in total!) so am pretty much back at the beginning :( oh well!

I don't seem to have the motivation I had before - probably because my holiday is over & done with now and nothing else to look forward too! But I should be getting slim & healthy for me and my baby girl, not for some event! Must change my silly mindset, if only it was so easy!

Sounds silly but I'm at my wits end now so looked up weight loss hypnotherapy! Its a bit expensive to have it done properly so have downloaded a few apps, will listen to them awake and whilst asleep and see if they help at all!

Hope everyone's ok? Will catch up with some journals now xx

Hi Lauryn, it's good to see you're still looking and thinking about weight loss even if exante isn't the way for you. Hypnotherapy apps huh??? I never knew they existed but what a good idea!!!

I'm feeling a bit like you at the moment too and even though my wedding is in 12 weeks and I need to lose 2st 11lbs for then I just can't seem to stay motivated enough to do exante! I'm really trying each day and I do OK but then I'll have the odd evening where I just eat and eat and eat!!!
Good to see you back and let us know how the old hypnotherapy goes. Paul McKenna 'I can make you think' is a GREAT book, way to look at food & hypnotherapy cd. I've done it before and it really works but it's too slow for me at the moment considering how much I need to lose in the time I have but I'd definitely recommend it for you if you're just going to be healthy and do it slowly etc. :D xx

Soooo I well & truly fell off the wagon :( I lost a few lbs before my holiday & then pretty much regained it all (plus more) since!

Started TS again today, and i mean business this time.

Had a vanilla shake for breakfast, a toffee, nut & raisen bar for lunch (not a huge fan of that flavour - reminds me of bird food, not that I've tasted it!! Haha!) and will be having a soup soon for dinner, thinking vege or tomato & basil.

Haven't drunk nearly as much water as I should have, again! I always fall down on my water intake.

Haven't felt hungry all day, but have just started feeling starving now! Must persevere! I've got the baby to feed & bathe and then get ready for bed, and I'm going to have a nice bubble bath for myself tonight too - I've deserved it!

Well done for getting back on the wagon! What you gained will be gone in no time! Enjoy your bubblebath ;) x

Thanks hun, hope you're right!

Bubble bath was aaaamazing :) just what I needed! It's made me all sleepy so I'm going to have an early night (this is early for me, I'm usually up until 1-2am!) and not think about food or eating until I wake up and can have my shake!! x

Well I made it through yesterday easily enough! Woke up today & not hungry at all :D so I'm just getting in as much water as possible, & will try leave off my shake for an hour or so!

I couldn't resist stepping on the scales this morning! Thought it might give me a bit of motivation for the day... and it read 16st 13.25lbs. I was 17st 2.25lbs yesterday. That's a 3lb loss in a day woohooo! Didn't even think that was possible! So I am definitely motivated now :)

Good luck for everyone today x

Well done on the 3lb loss chick and good luck on your re-start. I started again this week and am on day 5, but I really struggle at weekends. Its more of a mental torture than physical hunger, but I am determind to get through it!!
Keep at it hun and you will do it!!!..xx

Back