Lemon Couscous Cake

i forgot all about this, made this a couple of times, and it was actually quite nice, tried to make a savoury one, but it wasn't my cup of tea at all, i had to throw it away :(. xx

And people quite happily eat this as free.......(apart from the lemon curd syn) yet would feel guilty eating the Big Macs?? ;)
I cut mine into 8 slices at 88.5 cals per slice ,less than a muller light ?
Plus half a syn for for the curd,so even synned it would still only be 5 syns per slice.
I can't be bothered to work out the free allowance lol !!
The trouble comes when you eat too much of it.

2 Big macs

whoops wrong calculation sorry Cous cous is 365 calories per 100 gms and the original recipe had 6 ounces which is about 180 gms (648 plus 2 eggs 848 mullerlight 948 calories. 2 Big Macs are 980 still not much difference so 42 calories less .

:busted:
There is a big reason as to why we are not calorie counting and one of those is so that you dont sit and compare... alot of people would happily read this decide not to cook themselves the cake and go have a big mac and feel great that they only had the 1

There is not only 42 calories difference you failed to mention that 2 big macs have around 70g of fat in! and they are 590Kcal each! now that is a massive difference to something which is fat free.

By all means dont eat the cake all in one day but dont sit there and compare it to a mcdonnalds!

Wow, for a first post that's pretty confrontational lol

The actual post you have replied to is two years old now so all you have really done is bring the recipe back to everyone's attention when in all likelihood it was gone and forgotten.

but the point of the post was to draw the attention of people to the fact that cous cous cake is not syn free and discourage people from eating it, particularly if they were struggling with their losses. In that it achieved it's purpose. I don't think for a second anyone would read this as license to go and eat a big mac!

alot of people would happily read this decide not to cook themselves the cake and go have a big mac and feel great that they only had the 1

Then alot of people would be VERY stupid.

Most people would not need a forum to tell them that a big mac is bad for you

MODs - Troll alert

Mmmmmm big maaaaac!!!

I am sooo making this tonight.... Xx

kingleds said:
You do know it's synned? Cous cous is not free if you make a cake out of it

I thought it was ok because wer not changing the origional state of the Cous Cous xx

Is 1/3 of it superfree?
No? Then it's syns.
Because you can eat more of it without being as full.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

parfittaroles said:
But what if you don't do 1/3's free (as in red or green plans rather than ee) ?

I only do green xx

This is from the SW website

2. Are couscous cake and lasagne-sheet ‘Doritos’ Free?

You might be disappointed to hear that they’re not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned.
When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they’re low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods – giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they’re often used as additions to a main meal… and on top of your day’s Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns.

What Patchworkpuss said! You have to syn the couscous the same value as white flour, I'm afraid, on all plans.

who_la_hoop said:
What Patchworkpuss said! You have to syn the couscous the same value as white flour, I'm afraid, on all plans.

I thought it was synned, but when I just read it was because of the 1/3 rule it made me wonder!

I don't get it. I didn't grind the Cous Cous down. So I'm not making it into like a flour. I've had a pieces, now I'm panicking xx

MissyLisa said:
I don't get it. I didn't grind the Cous Cous down. So I'm not making it into like a flour. I've had a pieces, now I'm panicking xx

Because we could over eat on it I guess ? I don't know. Then again, it's easy to over eat on a 1/2 syn roulade so I don't know! Confusing!

Back