Lidl shoppers!

I found the NV's for the Tenery cheese triangles:

(Per triangle, 16g each)
Original: 40 Kcal, F 3g, C 1g, P 2g [2 syns]
Light: 23 Kcal, F 1.2g, C 0.8g, P 2.3g [1 syn]

So that's nicely in the 2 syn and 1 syn bracket per triangle according to the SW calculator. The big question is whether you can substitute Dairylea or Laughing Cow in the HEXa category. Officially you can't, as they aren't on the list. Although here are the NVs for Laughing Cow original and light:

(Per triangle, 17.5g each)
Original: 42 Kcal, F 3.3g, C 1.1g, P 1.9g (Calcium 60mg) [2 syns]
Light: 25 Kcal, F 1.2g, C 1.1g, P 2.5g (Calcium 84mg) [1.5 syns]

Without the calcium content of Lidl's triangles, it's difficult to compare in the HEX criteria. But unofficially, you'll probably notice how similar they are in NV. My Consultant is probably getting fed up with my pedantic number crunching, maybe one of you ask yours instead? ;)

I found the NV's for the Tenery cheese triangles:

(Per triangle, 16g each)
Original: 40 Kcal, F 3g, C 1g, P 2g [2 syns]
Light: 23 Kcal, F 1.2g, C 0.8g, P 2.3g [1 syn]

So that's nicely in the 2 syn and 1 syn bracket per triangle according to the SW calculator. The big question is whether you can substitute Dairylea or Laughing Cow in the HEXa category. Officially you can't, as they aren't on the list. Although here are the NVs for Laughing Cow original and light:

(Per triangle, 17.5g each)
Original: 42 Kcal, F 3.3g, C 1.1g, P 1.9g (Calcium 60mg) [2 syns]
Light: 25 Kcal, F 1.2g, C 1.1g, P 2.5g (Calcium 84mg) [1.5 syns]

Without the calcium content of Lidl's triangles, it's difficult to compare in the HEX criteria. But unofficially, you'll probably notice how similar they are in NV. My Consultant is probably getting fed up with my pedantic number crunching, maybe one of you ask yours instead? ;)

Oh My Cheese Triangles!!

Well, im sold :)

My consultant has an empty box to give the head office a call on the landline no. she has, so find out officially on Monday but until then, thats close enough for me!
Thank you!!!

So the Linessa Cherry and Strawberry are free? I must try them although Lidl also sell Mullerlight don't they? But Aldi don't sell Mullerlight, I think!

Lidl do a nice Balsamic Vinegar which I have been using on my salads and I buy all my fruit and veg there and meat.

But then I don't know which other products are low-Syn or free at Lidl so thanks for starting this thread. I'll be reading to to find out what I can add to my shopping list!

Does anyone know if any of the Lidl porridges are a HEb instead of OatsoSimple original?

Also do Lidl sell a free or low-Syn cous cous? I've only just started SW again and I get confused when I go shopping. I don't want to start accidentally eating food with syns etc. And I've been buying the Veetee rice and synning it because it's so convenient but I'm going to stop doing that and start using my syns for treats.

I don't know if they sell low syn packet couscous but they do plain which is free and really cheap. It's nice with added spices x

The 2.5 syn fruit yogurts come in a six pack covered in card I think. The individual ones with FAT FREE in huge letters on the foil are the Mullerlight copies which can essentially be treated as Mullerlights. The lemon cheesecake is the highest syn variety and is 1 syn. A couple of others are 0.5 syns. The others are free. Lidl do sell the six-pack Mullerlights but they aren't great value unless you catch them in the 30%-off reduced bin, in which case snap them up!

Veetee rice comes under the 1.5 syn "pouches" doesn't it? I think they have a little oil in them. Lidl's easycook dried rice in the yellow box is great value for money!

Happy Hippo do you know the make of those yogurts?

I don't have any in the fridge right now (it's been an Aldi week this week!) but I believe the "FAT FREE" ones are Milbona, and the 2.5 syn 0.1% fat fruit yogurts are Linessa.

You have to beware of Aldi though, their fat free Mullerlight copies (Brooklea IIRC) are full of sugar and are all 1.5 to 3.5 syns each!

I don't have any in the fridge right now (it's been an Aldi week this week!) but I believe the "FAT FREE" ones are Milbona, and the 2.5 syn 0.1% fat fruit yogurts are Linessa.

You have to beware of Aldi though, their fat free Mullerlight copies (Brooklea IIRC) are full of sugar and are all 1.5 to 3.5 syns each!

You're right happy hippo they are milbona and linessa.

I can't believe the aldi muller yogurts are synned!! I've been munching on them like there's no tmrw, thinking they are free!!! Lessons learnt, will keep stocked up with the lidl milbona ones now!!!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know! It's a bit like the new Onken, it says fat free and you think they're fine but they don't mention they've added a ton of sugar! I'm the kind of saddo that sits in the supermarket spotting these things and working out price per 100g and how much beef is in the beef stock cubes etc. Think I need to get a life :)

I know! It's a bit like the new Onken, it says fat free and you think they're fine but they don't mention they've added a ton of sugar! I'm the kind of saddo that sits in the supermarket spotting these things and working out price per 100g and how much beef is in the beef stock cubes etc. Think I need to get a life :)

I need to do this a bit more....no more hidden syns!! I see fat free and think that means syn free!! I'm an advertisers dream lol!

I tried the Milbona Mint Choc today and it was lovely! Didn't stock up as my fridge is full but got one of each Milbona flavour to try. I'll look for that rice and cous cous next time too, thanks. I shopped really slowly today and saw loads of stuff that I usually got past- Ainsley Harriett Cous cous, Pasta n Sauce and Mugshots. They had Supernoodles too but not the low fat ones.

Im going to ask a question which i HAVE used site search and googled before hand, buut:

Lidl, Rivercote Knackebrot Crispbreads as a HE

Site search here says they arent on the Healthy Extra list (which i checked and correctly - they are not there) But compared to my Ryvita packet - the cals, carbs, protein etc are roughly the same.

With the similar figures in mind, would anybody contemplate using them or would you not? They are the same style as the Aldi ones which CAN be used as a HE (4 aldi CB's are HEXB on EE).

Im going to ask a question which i HAVE used site search and googled before hand, buut:

Lidl, Rivercote Knackebrot Crispbreads as a HE

Site search here says they arent on the Healthy Extra list (which i checked and correctly - they are not there) But compared to my Ryvita packet - the cals, carbs, protein etc are roughly the same.

With the similar figures in mind, would anybody contemplate using them or would you not? They are the same style as the Aldi ones which CAN be used as a HE (4 aldi CB's are HEXB on EE).

I would if it was me!

Look at post #22 in this thread. Lidl's own-brand triangles ("Tenery") are 2 syns for original or 1 syn for light. Haven't tried them myself, are they any good?

Haven't tried them. Like to always check syns first. Thanks for the help. Guess I should stick to Laughing Cow EL with 6 for a HEa. Shame Lidl only sell the Original.

I haven't tried them yet but the reef crest frozen fish steam filkets looj goid and are on offer from next thurs. Checked the syns haddock in butter & butter are 1.5 and salmon in lemon butter & dill are free!! Sound yummy!!

Back