Lidl shoppers!

Does anyone know how many syns for a lidl tower gate break time caramel wafer? It's not on syns online and I don't have the original wrapper with the nutritional values! Searched for caramal wafer and their coming anywhere between 4 and 13 syns!! Mostly 6 so was going to go with 6!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Bought some of the Tenery cheese triangles last week and glad to report they are as good as Laughing Cow Light! At first glance they looked and spreaded, and tasted the same, but I think they are actually slightly cheesier.

At £1.89 for 24 compared to £1 for 8 with Laughing Cow Light (and that's on offer) I think they're a good deal. I normally use milk for my HEA but on the occasions I have 4x Laughing Cow Light I'm going to try substituting them and see how I get on. I might email Lidl to see if they can let me know the Calcium content then we can do a true comparison, maybe I'll get my Consultant to ask The Powers if these can be added to the HE lists. Not holding my breath though as they haven't replied to a single one of my questions sent through my Consultant...

I love their wholemeal bread, it's the Rowan Hill bakery one, but 2 slices is more than hexb, so I cut 1 slice in half & have 1.5 slices, the bread is lovely though.

I must admit I don't often go in Lidl, not too sure why though.

I did buy some Milbona yogurts recently, the ff strawberry & ff cherry are syn free, but the mint choc (very yummy) was 1.5 syns I think & lemon cheese cake was also low in syns, no more than 2.5, but can't remember exact amount.

I also love their tinned herrings in tomato sauce, you just can't find out the syns for these so I guess, not good if you're a newbie but for me it's ok:rolleyes:

I think those Milbona yoghurts are nicer than muller lights! :greenapple:

Was just looking through their leaflet at next weekends half price offers... they have braemoor pork shanks in peppercorn sauce for 1.74, checjed the syns online and they are free!!! Haven't tried them yet but they look yummy!!!

Thanks for that, are they in the freezer or chiller?

The Linessa cottage cheese is by far and away the best cottage cheese I've ever tasted, it's syn-free and only 44p per pot. I usually buy the whole lot when I go in :) The Goldessa one (dark blue lid) is only 1 syn per pot.

The Vitasia chow mein noodles are excellent value and make a better noodle soup than Sharwood's which I find cook up too thick. Lidl is now the only place I buy pasta, long-grain rice (for both, wait for the XXL packs to arrive), extra-lean mince (£1.85 for a 250g pack, cheaper than all the supermarkets), FF yogurt, and milk. The Black forest ham is very nice at 1/2 syn per slice.

PS. The lemon cheesecake yogurt is 1 syn by the way, and delicious. There is a thread somewhere about these yogurts as I did some number-crunching on the NV's when they came out, as they match Mullerlight in nearly all respects. I showed my Consultant what I found out and she agreed. So I treat them as free but I go easy the lemon cheesecake and only have it occasionally. Not everyone else agrees though so be careful. Bottom line is they are all the equal of Mullerlights in taste, and half the price :D

Is that cottage cheese Linessa Cottage Cheese - Light Blue Lid - 2.4 per cent fat - low fat - 200gms - that is 44p ?
I ask because I have just been to Lidl here in Spain and was so excited to find some (they have not had any for 2 weeks) I picked up 4 and when I read your post had a look on my bill and they are 1 euro 10 cents which converts to £1. If so I am going to take them back and query the price. Thanks.

Yup, that's the stuff. It's definitely 44p over here (and definitely a free food!). I wonder if Lidl Spain are a different company and can charge what they like? Or perhpas it costs a lot more in refrigerated transport to get things like that from Germany to Spain than it does to the UK. Shame though, it really is lovely stuff for the price.

Yup, that's the stuff. It's definitely 44p over here (and definitely a free food!). I wonder if Lidl Spain are a different company and can charge what they like? Or perhpas it costs a lot more in refrigerated transport to get things like that from Germany to Spain than it does to the UK. Shame though, it really is lovely stuff for the price.

No it is the same company - get the same offers sheet here and emails. That is a big difference - going to write and ask them as I went back this afternoon to check if she had charged me for the wrong stuff which is not unlikely in there. I bought 4 tubs and have used 3 of them this afternoon making quiche and potato scones. Did have a look at Asda on line price of Cottage Cheese and it is about the same price as Lidl here.
Will have to make sure when I get back to make sure I only buy it at Lidl although it is a long walk :)
Thanks for the reply.

Just had another look at the bill and I paid £1.20 for 500gms of Quark and just under £1 for 8 yogurt - all Linessa brand in the light blue packs - do you buy those in UK - just wondered if they were a lot more expensive here.

Last edited:
They r only free from frozen section....they have syns from the chilled section think it works out 3.5 per shank....i was gutted as no frozen ones in my local lidl :(

Does anyone know how many syns in the linessa light cream cheese? Or if it can be used as a hexa?

Oh I don't know, but didn't somebody ask the same question earlier in this thread? it seems to ring a bell somewhere!!!!

Well I compared the nutritional values against philly lightest and it was lower an everything bar fat which was, I think 0.2 or 0.3 higher. As you can have philly as a hexa I think it's75g I am asduming you can also do that for linessa light!

Can anyone help me with the syns for the milbona chocolate orange yogurt please? TIA

Can anyone help me with the syns for the milbona chocolate orange yogurt please? TIA

They are 1/2 each. However the NV is no different to Muller so I tend to not bother counting the 1/2. Enjoy, either way.

Back