Life begins at 40!!!

:D one week of restart
19lb loss:D

Can't believe it. That's even more than i lost on my first week of starting my vlcd last year so well chuffed.

Well, one week in and i can honestly say that it really hasn't been too bad. I have read of the horror stories of second try and the horrors just didn't appear.
Not saying it has been easy but just not as bad as i thought.

Didn't suffer too bad from headaches like last time, just a day so glad about that.

Moving on to SS+ this week. suits me better and the losses don't appear to be that different, see how it goes.

Just hope i can stay in this zone for the duration. no point in doing it if you haven't got your head in the right place.

So just gonna concentrate on staying focused and slipping into a nice little sexy number at christmas time!!!!!

Last edited:
19lb.... Amazing loss Sunshine, you must be so happy!!!! Thanks for the supportive msgs too. xxxx :thankyou:

Thanks spolly and you're welcome.

Well, 2lb off this week. A bit disappointed but still gonna keep going with it. I guess so long as it's a loss it doesn't matter.

On nights next week so might try doing SS for that week. Try and get another wee boost.

Just 10lb to go till i get back to where i was in march......i can do it!!!!!

Hmmm, -2lb this week again.
That's me over the half way mark. Set a goal of 100lb and that's me lost 51lb so i should be happy!

Haven't done ss as planned just been doing 810.

Guess i shouldn't complain about my small loss.....it's still a loss after all and if i want it to be more i know what i have to do!

Can't believe that people are noticing i am losing weight. I don't see the weight loss.

Guess it's time to take a few more pics. Hopefully that will keep me focused if i can see a difference.

Going out for lunch on friday and really looking forward to it. Not going to deprive myself but going to be sensible:sigh:

Oh well, that's another week gone. One week less in my battle of the bulge!

4th week done and a 4lb loss. Just 1lb under 2st lost in 4 weeks, can't complain.

Hopefully reach my 4st lost next week. Looked back my diary and it was Feb that i lost that 4st first time round.....why o why did i give it up:cry:

No point dwelling on what might have been i guess....just keep going this time so i hopefully won't be here this time next year saying exactly the same thing!!!!

Week 5 done and 2lb lighter.
That's 4st of fat gone, woohoo:D

Think i am needing to start measuring out my milk allowance cause i am sure i should have lost more than that.
I have been drinking so much coffee but not adding up how much milk i have been having.
Haven't eaten anything i shouldn't have so gonna blame it on the milk!

The water hasn't gone down very well this week either so guess it could be that too.

Really starting to notice my bones which feels really good. Can't help but lie in bed having a feel of all the bones that are emerging lol.

Hope to lose at least 2lb next week and that will take me down to my weight when i gave up CD in March.

No giving up this time:p

Hi Gilly, have just had a quick read of your diary. Really inspirational. Well done on this week's weightloss and 4st!! Wow! I can't wait till I lose that much.

Good luck for the rest of your CD journey. :)

Thanks Tess x

I get great inspiration reading others diaries. Keeps me on track knowing that it can be done.
Also, sitting reading them takes quite a while sometimes so keeps my mind off food lol

If you stick with it Tess, it won't be too long til you get 4st off.

It's not easy but it works.

Can't believe that i got wolf whistled at.:eek:

Kinda made me smile but also felt uneasy. Why would they be whistling at me?/?? oh well, the downside of slimming lol:eek:

Just been checking out the BMI thingy and it looks like i have about half a stone to lose before i become overweight, woohoo. i will do it this time, i will honestly!!!!

Feeling pretty pleased with myself today:D
I am back to my weight i was when i gave up in March.
Note to oneself....don't slack!!!!!

Looks like i am stuck with a 2lb a week loss. Seems to be all my body wants to lose. Anything more will be a bonus.

Really must get some more pics done, they really do give me motivation when i can notice the difference visually.

A 4lb loss this week so that's a bonus, thought i was gonna be a 2lb a week gal lol

Lost 1/4 of my body weight and under 13st for the first time in 25yrs.

I will NEVER be over 13st again:D

Hopefully next week my bmi ticker thingy will go under 30 and make me overweight instead of obese.
Obese is such a horrible word, it really makes me cringe.

Thanks Tess x

I get great inspiration reading others diaries. Keeps me on track knowing that it can be done.
Also, sitting reading them takes quite a while sometimes so keeps my mind off food lol

If you stick with it Tess, it won't be too long til you get 4st off.

It's not easy but it works.

Hi Gilly,
Thanks so much for your reply. You're a real inspiration. This week has been really tough for me, and I'm not expecting a huge weightloss, but I will not quit. I AM going to get to my goal weight with Cambridge. Have a good evening, and thanks again. :D

Thanks Tess.

I certainly don't feel like an inspiration at all. I am still at the stage of trawling the boards and looking for inspiration from everyone else. When i feel tempted, i come in here and read for hours, keeps my mind off food lol

It's almost a year since i started this diet and i can say that it has been one of the hardest things that i have ever done. However, it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

Thanks again x

well you are an inspiration to me! keep going!

Hi there,

I have literally just read your WHOLE diary and oh my god, what an inspiration! I only joined this site on saturday when I decided my life needed to change and it's stories like your diary that keep me going so thank you! Good luck and keep up the fantastic work!

Hi! Just checking in to see how you're doing? I haven't been on the boards for a while, so just catching up on everyone's diaries.
Anyway, will catch up soon. :)

Thanks for the lovely comments, they are much appreciated.

Well, i have had a weekend of it:( a 21st birthday meal and a catch up with the girlies meal and a day long drinking sesh so really needing to pull back this week. Not expecting a loss.

However, i am back on track. I did think about SSing this week but that is just too difficult for me so sticking with the 810.

Just in from nightshift and not sure whether to go to bed now. I really struggle to sleep after nights and get so annoyed having to get up and wee when trying to sleep. So decided to stay away from the water which won't help but i need to do it so i can try and get a half decent sleep.

Just rabbiting now so sleep time for me i think:)

Back