Snack: apple and 2 tangerines
D: 3 small slices of bread with vegannaise, rocket and tomato

Last edited:
SUNDAY
139.1lb
8 hours sleep
10,000 steps
2 litres water & herbal tea

B: 3 small slices white bread with spread, honey & marmalade, 200ml fresh orange juice
Snack: 1 banana
L: 3 small slices of bread with vegannaise, rocket and tomato, 1 tea cake no spread
D: Vegetables and 100g pasta, 4 dates

Last edited:
MONDAY
139.4 lb
2 litres water
6 hours sleep
14,000 steps

B: 3 small pieces of toast spread marmalade and honey
Snack 1 apple
L: small curry and rice, 25g chocolate
Snack 1 apple
D: mixed salad, 1 tbs hummus, 3 tbs curry, quinoa, 3 tbs mushroom stew, 1/2 brownie and 1/2 apple turnover

TUESDAY
140.1 lb
2 litres water and herbal tea
6 hour sleep
9,000 steps

B 1 small toast & 400 ml fresh orange juice
Snack 2 crackers
Snack 1 apple
Lunch small veg curry & 1 snickers 250 cals
Snack 1 tangerine
Dinner 1/2 cup cooked rice, fresh veg in tomato sauce, 1/2 chappati

WEDNESDAY
Still really cheesed off about going shopping on Monday & Size 12 was too tight. Decided that if by end of week not dropped 2 lb I will get help.
140.4 lb
2 litres water and herbal teal
5 hours sleep (doesn't help!)
9,000 steps

B: -
L: 1 slice bread, vegenaise and rocket, 1 almond bar 200 cals
Snack: 1 Nakd bar
D: Rice and veg - small portion & 1 almond bar 200 cals

Last edited:
Hi again, just popping back after my long absence! Since then I've made no progress with my weight loss :banghead: But at least I've not gained either... Well done for persisting, it's always so difficult when the scales refuse to co-operate. What help are you thinking of getting?

Hi again, just popping back after my long absence! Since then I've made no progress with my weight loss :banghead: But at least I've not gained either... Well done for persisting, it's always so difficult when the scales refuse to co-operate. What help are you thinking of getting?

Hi, I did wonder what had happened. I never have enough time or patience to wander round this chat room - I should check your blog out. You are right, it's a bonus not to gain anything. We often forget that by stopping, there is the option of eating a titchy bit less and start dropping the weight. I find it so difficult ... I'm 57 ... tests on my weight / body mass show that a full day's worth of calories for me should not exceed 1250 for the whole day - that's just for staying the same as now. People need less as they get older! So, I've told myself I need to drop 2 lb by Monday or else I'm going to enroll on a programme - i don't want to, i think it's a waste of money, but I feel like my health is in jeapardy.

THURSDAY
139.0 lb

so after what was basically a 5/2 day with around 600 cals, I dropped 1.4lb ... and I was in a good temper during the day at work (that's what I'm most afraid of is being 'h-angry' at work... it's not fair on others)

7 hours sleep
2 litres water
14,000 steps

B: 1 small toast with honey & spread
L: 2 slices bread with veganaise and rocket, 1 nakd bar
Snack ... offered fruit cake & ate a piece ... that wasn't planned !!!
D:

My goal is to drop 2 lb a week ... if I don't I've decided to get help, as I've just been going from 138-140 over the past few weeks.

Last edited:
Hi, I did wonder what had happened. I never have enough time or patience to wander round this chat room - I should check your blog out. You are right, it's a bonus not to gain anything. We often forget that by stopping, there is the option of eating a titchy bit less and start dropping the weight. I find it so difficult ... I'm 57 ... tests on my weight / body mass show that a full day's worth of calories for me should not exceed 1250 for the whole day - that's just for staying the same as now. People need less as they get older! So, I've told myself I need to drop 2 lb by Monday or else I'm going to enroll on a programme - i don't want to, i think it's a waste of money, but I feel like my health is in jeapardy.
I have total sympathy with you over the low calorie requirement- being short & lazy mine's around 1,300-1,500 (never had body tests done so this is just an estimate based on my weight/activity levels). I expect my calorie requirements will fall as I get older too.

How tall are you btw? Your weight isn't that high at all - although for someone like me I look chubby at that weight but it's not actually too far into the overweight category x

THURSDAY
139.0 lb

so after what was basically a 5/2 day with around 600 cals, I dropped 1.4lb ... and I was in a good temper during the day at work (that's what I'm most afraid of is being 'h-angry' at work... it's not fair on others)

7 hours sleep
Water/herbal tea ... planned 2.5 litres
Steps ... planned 14,000

B:
L:
D:

My goal is to drop 2 lb a week ... if I don't I've decided to get help, as I've just been going from 138-140 over the past few weeks.
Well done on the successful fast! And good job you weren't hangry at work, hehe.

I know how frustrating it is to bounce around within the same few pounds- although I've being doing it for more like a few months than a few weeks!! And in my case I know why - I'm really good about 60-80% of the time but when I'm not good I'm REALLY bad :angeldevil:

My main problem is alcohol (usually wine). It's not just the empty calories in the wine itself but also my extremely bad habit of eating way more than I should (& obviously the wrong foods!!!) after a few drinks....) Do you ever drink? X

Hi ... I'm 5'3" ... I just can't stand it in the middle, I look like I've just given birth some days ...
Yeah, I used to drink but I'm intolerant of it. No alcohol, no meat, no fish except maybe once a year if that, no dairy ... hahaha ... partly to stay healthy, and partly due to intolerances (dairy). If I go somewhere I just get a tonic water and make rude jokes, everyone thinks I'm drinking ;)

FRIDAY
138.6 lb
7 hours sleep
1.5 litres water / herbal tea
6,000 steps

B: toast x 2 with spread & honey
Snack 1 almond bar 200 cals
L: 2 x bread with rocket & vegannaise & 1 Plum & 1 nakd bar
Snack tangerine (tasteless so threw half away) and a few grapes
D: small jar cold veg & rice from yesterday, 1 bread with rocket & veganaise and 1 nakd bar @ 1 almond Bar
Later at home 2 slices toast, spread, honey

Last edited:
Thanks ... I hate getting help for stuff. The thought of having to listen to an 'expert' and then pay to lose weight. Really logically it should cost LESS to lose weight because you're not eating so much!!! Anyway, the chips are down. If my weight is not down to 138 by Monday, then I'm getting help, and then 2 lb from then on. It's expensive, time-wasting, but I really MUST drop this extra fat round my middle. I just hate going shopping at the moment and looking in the mirror. Also I feel slow and lumbering.

SATURDAY
139.0 lb - small mistake buying 2 almond bars and 2 nakd bars thinking they would last over two days!! Next time I'm just buying enough for the day.
8 hours sleep
1.5 litres water / herbal tea
12,000 steps

B: none
Snack: apple, plums, 11 almonds
L: 1 small veg curry and rice, 50g chocolate
Snack: small slice of IKEA cake (bum!)
D: Rice and veg medium bowl, raisin sprouted bread, about 50g

Last edited:
Back