LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Hello all. So sorry to hear about your neighbours niece. Tragic

Glad Poppy has had her op and hope it will all be ok.

Your food is looking good Upndown, maybe I could try some of that hypno, I need something.

I have been hiding from myself, a lot of stress this week and have just kept on eating. Loads. Haven`t been to class but can go in the morning. I know I should and it is not until 10am so will do my best to make myself go.
Stress is worrying about the kitchen, sorting the bedroom for the new carpet Tuesday and being pushed to claim for a car accident from 2.1/2 yrs ago.
No nothing major but when I try to talk to Albert (my brother, )about it he was his usual unhelpful self telling me I am too emotional. Huh.

I could fill a book about this week but don`t want to bore the pants off you but really it brings me to tears. I would like to go to bed but it is too early. Maybe a couple of sleeping pills will help.

Oh dear - I'm sorry ur having a stressful time - and if ur brother can't share it - that's stress in itself isn't it - glad u posted it on here - and hope it helped just typing it in?? Yes try a sleeping pill - I hope u have a restful night's sleep and feel better about things in the morning. Stress always sends me running for food - and insurance claims alone are stressful never mind the other things u have on ur mind. Take care Doreenxx :bighug:

Thanks for ur kind words - glad to report that Poppy's feeling a little better but tired and her hearing seems much better - so we're all pleased.

I went out for the day today but as my eldest son, his wife and 2 year old are arriving any minute - wished I'd stayed in to prepare! Thought I'd got it sorted yesterday - but still had loads to do - shattered now!!

here's how my food went today:

B: magic porage & berries
L: Ham salad - in café - best salad I'd ever had I think!! It filled me up and didn't need dessert - a wonder for me!
T: SW scotch egg and mushy peas - a funny mix but fancied it and needed something quick to get things sorted for the family!!

Hope Mo is well and back on plan and swimming those calories away!!xx

Love sw scotch egg. Glad Poppy is feeling a bit better.

Yes it did help to type some of it down. I phoned one of my sisters just a while after post. She rang me back after their dinner and we chatted for about an hour. She is so much more on my wavelength but is unwell herself so we talked a little about my stressess then about her illness which is pretty rare. Then on to more pleasant things and it really helped. Good ol` Val.

Enjoy your family guests and thanks for the hug xxxx

Feeling a much better today even tho I put on 3lbs. (last night I ate a 400g loaf with ham and banana.
Started off today with brunch at 11am, Eggs bacon mush toms bread.

Hope Poppy is feeling even better today.

I am baby sitting tonight while the adults go to a 40th birthday party. Only staying overnight so do not foresee any probs with food. Will take something sw for dinner.

I also was hoping that LJ and CJ would be using the thread too.

Glad ur feeling brighter after a chat to ur sis - that's what family are for isn't it?? Good too ur ok with a gain (I am too now I'm back on plan!)

Yes glad to report Poppy's better again today but tires easily which is natural - her hearing is excellent and she's really pleased about that!

Family over for the wkend with 2 year old Owen and extra visitors have been popping in - which has been nice but I'm shattered now! Lots of food & drink temptations but did ok (not perfect tho'!)

B: SW scotch egg

Snack: banana

L: cheese (HEA) and onion omelette with salad - SW brownie and fat free yog

Snack: Ice cream at the zoo!! syns??

Tea: Everyone else had pizzas & garlic bread & ice cream and cake - I had bacon and egg then meringue with quark and vanilla essence ....A WHILE LATER ....

I had a small slice of pizza, I piece of garlic bread and small portion of ice cream DAMN!! WHY?? no idea of syns but cd have been worse - will listen to hypno cd tonight!! Must do better 2moro - bbq at my son's house - will try to stick to lean meat and salad and will take a fruit salad - hope that works!!

I've 'spoken' to Doreen but missing Mo, Bubble and Kay who's in hospital - hope the op went well and she's recovering as well as Poppyxx

Glad you had a good day. Really good news for Poppy. You did well overall for lots of people being around. Sometimes you can be virtuous in front of others but not all the time unfortunately. Good idea to listen to the hypno again, it is a shame you can`t have it playing in your ear when around food. :)

Hope Mo is keeping up with her swimming and that Kay is not feeling too bad after her op.

I spent the evening looking after the children and one of Fayes friends also. Food was good till no salad cream for spuds so had butter. Ended up having 22.1/2 syns. I don`t usually have many during the week if being good so plan to have no more than 8 per day for the rest of the week.

The food went as follows.

B: . Late . 2 eggs, 3 lean bacon tomato & mushrooms. 2 toast h/e 1 toast L: McCains Jacket 1/2 tin spag bol 2 bananas
D: 2 boiled eggs, tomatoes, spring onions, slice ham boiled spuds (tbs butter)
Syns 22.1/2
tbs butter - 5.1/2
Pink wafer biscuit - 2
Custard Cream biscuit - 3
Sml bag choc chip cookies - 10.
1 options - 2

Gonna cook a sw minced beef has for Sunday dinner. Will let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Glad you had a good day. Really good news for Poppy. You did well overall for lots of people being around. Sometimes you can be virtuous in front of others but not all the time unfortunately. Good idea to listen to the hypno again, it is a shame you can`t have it playing in your ear when around food. :)

Hope Mo is keeping up with her swimming and that Kay is not feeling too bad after her op.

I spent the evening looking after the children and one of Fayes friends also. Food was good till no salad cream for spuds so had butter. Ended up having 22.1/2 syns. I don`t usually have many during the week if being good so plan to have no more than 8 per day for the rest of the week.

The food went as follows.

B: . Late . 2 eggs, 3 lean bacon tomato & mushrooms. 2 toast h/e 1 toast L: McCains Jacket 1/2 tin spag bol 2 bananas
D: 2 boiled eggs, tomatoes, spring onions, slice ham boiled spuds (tbs butter)
Syns 22.1/2
tbs butter - 5.1/2
Pink wafer biscuit - 2
Custard Cream biscuit - 3
Sml bag choc chip cookies - 10.
1 options - 2

Gonna cook a sw minced beef has for Sunday dinner. Will let you know how it goes.

Hi - I'd say that was a good day - in fact whilst we're still able to count the syns I think we're in control - it's when we give up and have a sod it day it all goes to pot!! As u say u can pull that back in the week.

My day started off ok then the bbq stretched things too much - then off to do our duty at my mother in law's and ate choc cheesecake (small piece but still....) so will write the day off and get back on plan 2moro - my friends' funeral is on Tues so not looking forward to that.

Hope Mo, Bubbles and Kay are well - seen that Kay has had her op and recovering - take carexx

Im about upndown, pleased poppy is doing so well.

Have a lovely week all, good luck with your goals. Lets make this a good one. ;) determined. :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Upndown. A bit grey here today. I wanted to post my food for Sunday ---B: at 12noon as was driving home from babysitting this morning.

B: at noon. 2 eggs, 3 bacon, lots mush 3 toast (3)
S: 3 pears
D: SW minced beef hash. Basically mince with carrot & spud all cooked together with cumin,
B
anana & banana & custard mullerlite.
Later 0% greek yogurt and 2 bananas and 3 small pears

3 Syns in total. Did have a lot of dinner tho`.

You are right in what you said if we are counting the syns we are in control. Cheesecake, I love it. The only thing we can do in those circumstances is to write it off and get back to plan. At least it is the right thing but we don`t always do it do we.
Hope you have a good day today and don`t feel too much stress before the funeral tomorrow. Difficult I know.

Today I need to clear the last bit I can in bedroom ready for the carpet to go down tomorrow and then a general tidy up, I am so messy.

Morning Upndown. A bit grey here today. I wanted to post my food for Sunday ---B: at 12noon as was driving home from babysitting this morning.

B: at noon. 2 eggs, 3 bacon, lots mush 3 toast (3)
S: 3 pears
D: SW minced beef hash. Basically mince with carrot & spud all cooked together with cumin,
B
anana & banana & custard mullerlite.
Later 0% greek yogurt and 2 bananas and 3 small pears

3 Syns in total. Did have a lot of dinner tho`.

You are right in what you said if we are counting the syns we are in control. Cheesecake, I love it. The only thing we can do in those circumstances is to write it off and get back to plan. At least it is the right thing but we don`t always do it do we.
Hope you have a good day today and don`t feel too much stress before the funeral tomorrow. Difficult I know.

Today I need to clear the last bit I can in bedroom ready for the carpet to go down tomorrow and then a general tidy up, I am so messy.

A good day Doreen - sounds like u'll have a busy day today and it'll be lovely to have the new carpet 2moro. Did u change ur colour choice of the kitchen units - when will they be arriving? You won't know urself with the changes!!

Yes will draw a line under it - hope I'm eating more because of the upset about my friend - not just me misbehaving (again!!) - I've started off ok today tho' - my youngest son and his girlfriend are coming down later from Manchester for the funeral - we're off for a meal at the pub tonight - will choose a SW option, will choose a SW option............ will NOT have dessert, will NOT have dessert............... :fingerscrossed:

Hope everyone else is okxx

Last edited:
Im about upndown, pleased poppy is doing so well.

Have a lovely week all, good luck with your goals. Lets make this a good one. ;) determined. :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi - yes here's to a good week to us all - good to here ur determined too - lovely weather here today - Poppy off school for 2 weeks now and looking better each day - her Mum's off this week and she'll be with me next week. I'll pop over to ''see' u later! xx

Hi - yes here's to a good week to us all - good to here ur determined too - lovely weather here today - Poppy off school for 2 weeks now and looking better each day - her Mum's off this week and she'll be with me next week. I'll pop over to ''see' u later! xx

We have had rain but still warm. Just been down to pay for the carpet. Kitchen guys coming Wednesday.
Yes a good week. So far so good.
Hope you manage sw option and no desert, hope you manage a sw option and no desert....;)
It will be nice for Poppy to be with Nana for a week. Or are you grandma or nanny?

I have today put three jacket spuds in the slow cooker. Not tried this before, will let you know how it goes. The plan is to freeze one and leave one or two in the fridge to see how they taste.

In the oven I have a 3 portion chicken chasseur and am about to cook a 2 portion minced beef hash to see how it freezes. I enjoyed it yesterday but should have frozen one, so definitely will today. Feeling positive. Will also save some cooking when looking after the dog at the weekend.

Had a long personal chat with Clare at the carpet shop, Well for a change she chatted and I listened. Such a lovely lady with some really good tales of life.

We have had rain but still warm. Just been down to pay for the carpet. Kitchen guys coming Wednesday.
Yes a good week. So far so good.
Hope you manage sw option and no desert, hope you manage a sw option and no desert....;)
It will be nice for Poppy to be with Nana for a week. Or are you grandma or nanny?

I have today put three jacket spuds in the slow cooker. Not tried this before, will let you know how it goes. The plan is to freeze one and leave one or two in the fridge to see how they taste.

In the oven I have a 3 portion chicken chasseur and am about to cook a 2 portion minced beef hash to see how it freezes. I enjoyed it yesterday but should have frozen one, so definitely will today. Feeling positive. Will also save some cooking when looking after the dog at the weekend.

Had a long personal chat with Clare at the carpet shop, Well for a change she chatted and I listened. Such a lovely lady with some really good tales of life.

Hi - some big changes for the house - how nice! And u've been busy cooking - always handy and helps us stick to the plan if we tasty things at hand eh? I'll be interested to hear how the slow cooker experiment works out - they're so versatile aren't they?

Yes hope I go for the right things tonight - and it'll be good to have Poppy next week she only live 3 miles from us but she does stay over sometimes - she calls me Naini - we speak Welsh and Nain or Naini is Welsh for grandma!!xx

Hope ur in plan all day and the weather stays warm and the rain dries up!!xx

fOOD FOR MONDAY.
B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, tom & mushrooms. 2 toast.
Had a skinny milky coffee at cafe so 3 syns for extra 200ml milk if I need it.

L: McCains Jacket (1) 25g light cheese (4)
Had 1/2 of jelly with cherry mullerlight.

D: 4 tesco LC sausages (4) Boiled spuds with LC salad cream on the crushed spuds.
Another Mullerlight & rest of jelly. (1.1/2

TOTAL 14.1/2.

Upndown I did the jacket spuds in the slow cooker. I was told slow for 6-8 hours. I did turn it up to high for last hour but they didn`t spoil. I think slow is best.
Anyway they came out good. Tried 1/4 of one with salt and liked it. Nice & fluffy. Gonna put one in the fridge for tomorrow and the other 2 minus the foil in the freezer then when frozen treat like a McCains one but no syn.

I have done all my cooking and the food will go in the freezer shortly. I enjoyed cooking today and didn`t have dinner till 7pm. I have not been hungry at all. :D. I think the chat with Clare at the carpet shop really helped. Not just sitting and having T whilst reading my kindle like usual. Maybe pop in once in a while. There are other folk who I can see sometimes, need to sort that out.

Hope you are having a good day. Also anyone else who pops in. xx

fOOD FOR MONDAY.
B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, tom & mushrooms. 2 toast.
Had a skinny milky coffee at cafe so 3 syns for extra 200ml milk if I need it.

L: McCains Jacket (1) 25g light cheese (4)
Had 1/2 of jelly with cherry mullerlight.

D: 4 tesco LC sausages (4) Boiled spuds with LC salad cream on the crushed spuds.
Another Mullerlight & rest of jelly. (1.1/2

TOTAL 14.1/2.

Upndown I did the jacket spuds in the slow cooker. I was told slow for 6-8 hours. I did turn it up to high for last hour but they didn`t spoil. I think slow is best.
Anyway they came out good. Tried 1/4 of one with salt and liked it. Nice & fluffy. Gonna put one in the fridge for tomorrow and the other 2 minus the foil in the freezer then when frozen treat like a McCains one but no syn.

I have done all my cooking and the food will go in the freezer shortly. I enjoyed cooking today and didn`t have dinner till 7pm. I have not been hungry at all. :D. I think the chat with Clare at the carpet shop really helped. Not just sitting and having T whilst reading my kindle like usual. Maybe pop in once in a while. There are other folk who I can see sometimes, need to sort that out.

Hope you are having a good day. Also anyone else who pops in. xx

Glad u had a good day in more ways than one! I ate too many sweets - but then felt full - so only had a child's portion of fish and chips!! So a childish day all round - hope everyone is well Tired now and off to bedxx

I love fish and chips. Picked at the grated cheese before bed last night so am going to count it as syns today so that I record it for myself.

Carpet fitted, love it. Now I have to put everyone back where it belongs. Bed is up, done by the fitters so not too much urgency, but gonna start after lunch today. Kitchen guys tomorrow, not looking forward to that !!

Nice to have the carpet down and the bed up - u can do the rest in ur own time I guess - feeling a bit down today - been the funeral - very sad but it went off to plan - her poor hubby looked lost as did the younger members of her family - I didn't eat anything at the funeral but did some damage when I got home - hope u keep up the good work Doreen - and that Mo, Bubble, Kay and anyone popping in are fine too xx

That was obviously not a nice day to cope with. Can`t imagine how bad it must have been for everybody. Very understandable wanting to eat afterwards.

Don`t seem right just the two of us. There seemed to be so much to read before. Hopefully they will join us when they can. Hope you sleep ok tonight Upndown. Sending love to you xxx :patback:

Hi - thanks again for ur kind words - I know u will have been thro it too. I agree it's odd just the 2 of us - hopefully Mo will be back soonxx

Morning Upndown.. Did a little to the bedroom. I have measured the carpet left, quite a lot. Last time I had carpet fitted in that room, the fitter suggested doing the little room, which he did. There is a join but it is under the bed. Had forgotten all about it until I see how much left.

Have measured the two pieces, going to have a word with my son to see if it will fit Flynn`s bedroom. I think it might. He has one of those captains bunks so made need a join there. If done properly it would be ok I think. I will take the measurements and a sample of the carpet with me at the weekend - looking after the dog - then they can decide.

Kitchen guys came today, they were prepared to set the kitchen out as I wanted but the Council said that I did not have to have it done if I don`t want to but they would renew the worktops I have damaged and one odd piece I have. Also if I changed my mind at a later date I could ring them and they would still do it, So a repaired kitchen not a new one. I feel much happier about it. Won`t tell my brother just yet, he will only tell me I am too emotional. :)

Hope you have a good day today Upndown.xx

Back