LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Not sure I'll have a look - don't get your excited it's a rather bland!

Blog News & A Confession

Here goes LJ22 - I've been fiddling with the settings on my blog - not 100% sure what I was doing lol!

But if you have a chance perhaps you'll have a look and let me know if you now see may ramblings - but don't get too excited it's all a bit lame!

I think I was a bit quick to start the blog but will continue for a while but might chop it and just stick to the threads cos they're so interactive and interesting. Sorry if I'm repeating myself here!

Confession time - I've just had a slice of bread and honey - no butter - no reason - wasn't even hungry :eek: could've been worse but mad with myself!

Will have to confess on blog too now :mad: Why do I do these things even when I'm pleased with WI and feeling upbeat :( Answers on a postcard please!

I can see your blog now. I have subscribed!
Just come back from a 2 mile walk to the accountant and back. Feeling childishly proud for having walked rather than drive there. Also, I feel really refreshed and energised. I must do this more often! I joined the 100 mile walk thread to spur me on. According to my Map my Walk app I burned off 250 calories which is brill!

Don't beat yourself up over the bread and honey. Count it as a flexisyn day :)
I hope today you are feeling good and carrying on with the great start you had this week.

Going back to your bread and honey post, upndown, I have this demon I struggle with that makes me scared of being slim. I don't know why and it is something I know I have to work out. When I lose weight and am getting towards feeling slim I start sabotaging myself. Could it be something like that? Maybe the big loss at WI made your subconscious realise you really can succeed this time. Being slim changes us. Are we ready for the new us?

Anyone else want to join in on this discussion? I would love to know if Others have the same issue or am I just weird? LOL

I agree LJ ,when I start to see results I panic because people notice you more & it when they start to comment on how much weight you are losing I get embarrassed.Peoples perceptions of you change & I struggle with that Im still the same person afterall

Hi Sherlock your ace detective work sorted out my blog! Yes having a good day - glad u r 2 by the sound of things.

Hi - this is interesting - I hope between we can get to the bottom of this and make 2014 our year!

Hi LJ you must also have some Freud in you too! Yes I think u've got something here - very perceptive of u to pick that up across cyberspace!

Although I'm very happy with my lot and most people think I'm confident - I have low self worth and put at least some of this down to my difficult relationship with my late mother - different story with my lovely Dad (also passed away) so I was lucky to have had a happy childhood overall. My 2 sisters feel the same and we've discussed it endlessly over the years.

It'll be interesting to her other members' views and thanks to you for picking up on it!

Hi LJ I think this my 2nd reply to this post cos I didn't fully respond 1st time!

Brilliant exercise today - not childish at all - we all need to make small changes cos in my experience my BIG bright ideas don't often come off!

But we can all make some small easy changes and in the end they'll all up and make the difference between success and failure! 250 calls gone hey? I must find my flat shoes and get out there!

Thx for subscribing to my blog.

Hi - just checking in - feeling more +ve and confident I think I can do this & I've even slept better the last couple of nights - long may it continue! I think that all the support, info & guidance here has helped - I wish I'd joined years ago - you're a lovely bunch!

I'd be interested to hear how others are feeling and to share some tips to stay focussed to help us all get to goal a little more swiftly with mutual support - look forward to hearing your experiences. Good luck!

Today a friend said to me, are you sure you're not losing it too fast? People's reactions are funny. They seem to feel threatened by us losing weight. Maybe some deep instinctual thing is that we are becoming fitter and more of a possible rival.

Anyway, I worked a lot of hours today and ended up eating Indian takeaway ordered in at work for my tea. I have no idea how many syns it was but I tried to choose wisely even though that was difficult considering I was sharing dishes with my colleague. So here is todays food without a syn total.

Breakfast: banana, Muller Light
Lunch: banana on the run
Dinner: indian takeaway (egg fried rice, chicken tikka, chicken in a creamy reddish sauce, spinach and potato)
Evening snack: small glass white wine, banana, muller light

It was not a very healthy day and I am paying the price with a bloated, uncomfortable tummy. The only saving grace was my 2 mile walk this morning. I didnt stray off plan by choice. I can never predict my work hours and therefore cannot plan meals for those times when I work late. I will just have to try my best to minimise my intake of fats and sugars.

Tomorrow is a new day and one off plan meal will not deter me from my goal!

Hi LJ - I think you've done really well considering the day you've had - as they say 'Life gets in the way sometimes' and remember your wise words to me yest - something on the lines of - you've done it - forget it and get back on plan! You've done well to post too!

Wonder if you have a microwave & fridge at work - p'raps you keep a syn friendly ready meal/snack in for emergencies? If not, would you fancy those dried pasta/rice meals which only need boiling water - I'm sure there's other stuff available but can't think of anything right now!

You mentioned u'd burned off 250 cals earlier so that'll big a big help!

I'm sure other members will flood you with ideas (hint hint) and how about asking at SW class? take care and keep in touch - remember tis is our year.

I agree Tamkat - I guess we need to build up our confidence - I think this site will help towards that - and of course we'll feel better about ourselves as we lose weight and hopefully feel stronger and more able to deal with other people's comments. Keep posting - it's interesting and comforting to hear from others.

I really look fwd to getting down to your weight (again!) and I'm only 5' 2" so I~'m sure you must look good to others! But I realise it's a personal thing and only you can set your target weight - wishing you luck with our weight loss - take carex

Good morning my chubby friends (JK!). I slept really well last night and am putting that down to the exercise yesterday. I walked another half mile in the afternoon. I am going to try and continue the walking but mustn't let myself get obsessive about it and feeling bad if I miss a few days. I do have a Wii walking game. I might try that when the weather is bad.

I am getting low on food in my fridge but the weekend is almost here and I will be making a menu plan for next week and going off to a supermarket to stock up, probably on Sunday. Having banana and Muller Light for breakfast. What a surprise! I should get time for a quick lunch at home today so will have some homemade soup and a couple of ryvitas. Dinner might be a problem as I may have to work late again. I may end up not eating until I get home in an effort to stay on plan.

Upndown, yes we have a fridge and microwave at work but my colleague I work with would not be happy with a ready meal. He is a takeaway freak :-( and if I say I don't want takeaway that makes it awkward because one persons food does not reach the minimum order level. I feel pressured....

Hi - that's good - I'm pleased for you! Hope you had a shorter working day today.

Hi LJ - you and other members are making me feel lazy - still had not got back into exercise - but walked about half a mile today when I normally use the car - so pleased with that small step - I think I'll sign up to one of the challenges - to get me moving again - like you I have to be careful not to get obsessive then setting unrealistic targets - then feel a failure when I slip up - driving me to comfort eating - does that sound familiar to others I wonder?

Fully understand your awkwardness with the takeaway situation - I think that's because you're a considerate soul - and put others before yourself! Again I wonder if other members have this problem when eating with colleagues, friends and family - where we eat to 'fit in'? In time when our confidence grows perhaps we'll become gently assertive and eat to suit our needs and not those of others eh?

But if you enjoyed in and at only 20 syns - !it's no big deal is it? Plus you've started off well today and planning for another good week - impressive - no wonder you've done so welll

Hi LJ22 - hope you've had a good day?

I feel like I have strayed from the plan yesterday and today although nothing too major. I forgot how stressful my life is here. Cant wait to escape. Anyway, yesterday I ate more than usual but everything was free foods so I suppose thats not too bad. For example, for my evening snack I ate not one, not two, but three Muller Lights. Why? I can't give a reason unless I am stuffing down the stressful feelings.

Today I got a new paddle for my breadmaker so I made a loaf of spelt bread and ate two slices with cottage cheese on. Not sure how many syns that was but I also had half a bottle of wine. When the wine is gone I will take a break from alcohol until next weekend. I know it makes me depressed. I feel too down to record what I ate but tomorrow I will start afresh, make a menu for the week and go stock up my cupboards.

How are you doing upndown? I am sorry I went awol. I even felt guilty about that too.

Back