Lolly's journey to target

Lolly19to11

Hiya!

Quick bit of backstory - over the last 6 years (since I was about 15) or so I've put my body through hell. I've cycled it through periods of intense exercise and weight loss, crazy binge periods and mad food restriction. I've struggled with binge eating, depression and anxiety for a long time now and my poor poor body has gone through 20+ stones of change up and down.

Over the summer I reached rock bottom, and once I'd started to really look after myself better mentally I decided I was in a place where it was ok to start looking at losing weight again. I'd lost about 10lbs on my own but lost motivation because I slipped back into the same old habits and binge/restrict cycles. Then my oldest and best friend came to stay with me for my 21st birthday and she was looking great after having lost 2st with slimming world. We chatted extensively and went through the programs and the myriad pros and slight cons (still a focus on number on scale, potential of missing out on healthy fats) and I decided I'd try it.

So 23rd September 2015 I went to the first group I could find as soon as I was back in Cardiff, and was absolutely blessed to find an incredible consultant, a fabulously supportive group of friends....and a boyfriend :p
Safe to say Slimming World has pretty much helped save my life and I am a different person to the girl who nervously stepped in that room 4 and a bit months ago.

SO! To keep that positivity going I'm going to be documenting my food here (and with pictures here http://instagram.com/thisonesjourney) so stay tuned!

Weigh in weds: -2.5lbs yay

Breakfast:
1 Hifi lemon meringue
1 Hifi rocky road (HeB)
2 blood oranges (speed)

Snack:
Choccy orange cheer (hazelnuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate) - 5 syns

Lunch:
Bavarian ham
Low fat cottage cheese with chives
Celery

Snack:
Hifi bar (3 syns) - whoops, the excitement of buying them making me forget i have to ration until next weds
Blood orange

Dinner:
Syn-free crustless quiche
Chip shop chips - LOTS OF SYNS haha
Cherry tomatoes

Last edited:
Boy and I won Couple of the Year 2016 for our group :D Considering we've lost 10st 6lbs between us since early October I'd say that's well deserved ;) I was so so so happy. Also, now I have two sashes because I won Miss Slinky last year too.

Midnight snack:
BIG bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, probably about 20 syns, I had LOADS. Hahah I'm always really bad on a Wednesday night and Thursday morning because I feel I can get away with it

Breakfast:
Hifi bar rocky road (half HeB)
Blood orange
1 Weetabix (half HeB)
Muller light

Lunch:
2 x mini peperami (2 syns whoops haha)
Syn-free crustless quiche
Gherkins

Last edited:
I've had a horrific week - really really been off track with binging and had a really depressive period.
Not spent much time out of my room apart from going to buy binge food.
I'm sure I've put on a ridiculous amount because I can feel it in my body and what I want more than anything else is to just start afresh right now (and I have today). I can't go to weigh in because I think I'd actually have a breakdown.

You know it's not funny but it almost is. Every time I think I am totally nailing it my life seems to fall apart and I turn into a gooey depressed mess.

So I'm starting afresh from right this second (unlike the whole of the last week when I've said - oh I'll start tomorrw) and going to try and be as honest as I can here. Tentatively trying to get myself back on track and posting for accountability xx

You can do it hun your food sounds lovely.. I struggle with BED too.. Its hard.

Lets hope we can keep each other on track hun... I have got 5 days under my belt and feel like I am back on track :)

xxx

You can do it hun your food sounds lovely.. I struggle with BED too.. Its hard.

Lets hope we can keep each other on track hun... I have got 5 days under my belt and feel like I am back on track :)

xxx

Thank you angel. It is, it's so hard. It's like I can subdue the behaviours for a certain period of time but then BAM they come and knock me for six and I'm stuck in the same horrible pattern of bingeing I was before.

My scales at home showed 15stone today which would mean a 10lb gain this week. Definitely not impossible given how much I've been eating.
10lbs is a lot but I've still lost over 4 stone, and I need to stop this all-or-nothing thinking that I've 'ruined it'. And hopefully as fast as that's gone on it'll come off.

5 days is fab and I know we can do this. Just got to be vigilant I think and realise my triggers :) xx

Last edited:
I am the same hun... I think If I have a treat I have ruined it when I haven't and I can have something as part of my syns... I need to learn its ok.

Hope your 10 lbs gain comes off soon hun....I am sure it will. Keep positive sweetie.

xxxx

This week has gone pretty well!
Although some days I've gone over syns (which I'm not too happy about) what has been good is that I've really been listening to my body at mealtimes and stopping eating when I'm full instead of finishing what's on my plate.
Body magic has been through the roof so hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll have eliminated that 10lbs.
My HUGE hope is that I've lost enough so that I get my 5 stone award :oops:

Breakfast:
Asda fat free cherry yoghurt (free)
Mixed fruits (speed and free)
2 weetabix (HeB)

Lunch:
Ham (free)
Salad (speed)
Gherkins (speed)

Snacks:
2 lollipops (5 syns)

Dinner:
Indian-spiced shredded chicken soup with speed veg

Snacks:
Hot chocolate (3 syns)

Last edited:
I did it! Lost all I'd gained and weighed in at 14st 4 (1/2 lb from when I last weighed in) and got my 5 stone award YAY

c1GSqQU.png

Breakfast:
Porridge oats (HeB)
Skim milk (half HeA)
Mixed fruits (speed and free)

Snack:
Cupcake (~17 syns)

Lunch:
Fruit salad (speed and free)
Quark with choc shot (2 syns)

Dinner:
Chicken and chorizo paella SW ready meal (free)
Green beans (speed)

Snacks:
Pringles (?? syns...LOTS)
Chocolate (lots of syns)

I don't mind going waaaaay over syns today as I'm going for a jog later and it's Wednesday :D

Also did an hour of zumba so feeling pretty great.

Last edited:
Hi there

I've really enjoy reading your diary. Keep going you've done amazingly well! I've only just started but hope I can achieve the same xxx

That's fantastic! Well done Lolly! I'd have treated myself to a cupcake too :D

Haha thank you poko! I've also treated myself to many many pringles as well today :p Whoops, little treat-overdose but not really a binge so it's all good ;)

Hi there

I've really enjoy reading your diary. Keep going you've done amazingly well! I've only just started but hope I can achieve the same xxx

Thank you angel :D Of course you can! It's a really good plan, and combined with body magic can achieve some blooming great results.

Only 3 stone 4lbs left to go til I get to target :thankyouthankyou:

thats brilliant! you must feel such a difference already! im just meal planning for the next week drool lol xxx

Today didn't start off too great - WAY too much sugar to have in the morning and definitely felt the effects of my insulin spike/crash mid lectures. But you live and learn ;)
Breakfast:
2 lemon meringue hifi bars (HeB)

Morning snack:
Double decker (12.5 syns)

Lunch:
Bavarian ham (free)
Light cottage cheese (free)
Gherkins and cherry tomatoes (speed)

A fairly mixed bag of a week! I've binged a couple of the days and then managed to claw it back during the second half of the week but doing it this way is exhausting. I'm so sick of overeating and stuffing myself with crap then pretty much starving or over-exercising to scrape a loss. As of tomorrow I do this properly, on-plan, cut out processed sugars and feel GOOD again :D

Today is a little bit of a write off because I've already eaten a cupcake :p (My friend is the most incredible baker - double chocolate cupcakes with a salted caramel filling, probably about 20+ syns haha) And we're going to Jamie's Italian for boy's birthday meal. But I'm also going for a jog so the day as a whole probably won't be too far over my informal calorie allowance.

Haha OK, so I was a little bit optimistic with my ' probably won't much over my calorie allowance' shtick, seeing as we only went and had the bloody Ultimate Sharing Plank for two to start at Jamie's last night.
I won't wax lyrical about the foodie delights that made up that groaning wooden slab of deliciousness because it's probably not conducive to weight loss inspiration but needless to say it was incredible. Had a seafood and pasta main so not too awful but shouldn't have really had anything - the starter alone was enough to fill anyone! Then picked at the boy's pudding (epic brownie, accurately named) and we rolled home. The plan was actually to see Deadpool after but we were so stuffed we had to call it an early night. Typical of a couple who met at a slimming club ;)

Anyway, safe to say I think I did all my week's synning in one fell swoop. Additionally since dissertation deadline and coursework crisis fears have set in for real (3 WEEKS TIL DISS aarghhhhhhjjhj) I won't be spending much time doing any meaningful body magic for the next month or so. I will definitely still be getting at least 15 minutes exercise from walking or bodyweight exercises at home but most days will be sat in front of a computer in the library (like I am right now) trying to navigate my way through hepatocellular carcinomas and the diagnostic criteria for steatohepatitis. SO - gotta be totally on plan. Actually, I want to be even better than plan. And hence is born my aim...

Aim: (Virtually) Syn-free week :thankyouthankyou:
Gold standard - 0 syns :winner:
Silver - 1 to 5 syns
Bronze - 5 to 10 syns
Participation award - 10+ syns
I know technically you're not meant to save up all your syns but nuts to that, let's try it and see what happens.

Today so far - perfect!

Breakfast:
Fat free Quark (free)
Raspberries (speed)
Granny smith apple (speed)
Sweetener (free)

Lunch:
Poached egg (free)
Carrots (speed)
Granny smith apple (speed)

Dinner:
Boiled eggs (free)
Bavarian ham (free)
Celery (speed)
Mangetout (speed)
Pear (speed)
Mixed fruit salad (free and speed)

Body magic:
60 minutes moderate pace walking

Another gold standard day yesterday! Starting to feel like I've really cracked this 0 syns thing ;)

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
Granny smith apple

Lunch:
Bavarian ham (my fave haha)
Sweet red peppers
Carrots
Celery

Dinner:
Spiced chicken breast
Carrots
Green beans
Grapes (for pud)

:winner:
GOLD STANDARD DAY

Been a pretty good week:
3 Gold Standard Days
2 Bronze Standard Days
and 2 days we shall not talk about.

I have to admit that I've persuaded boy to let me keep his scales at my place. I am currently weighing in every morning which isn't the most sensible idea. Still - it was incredibly motivating to see a 13 on the scales this morning! Soooo exciting. Fingers crossed my official weight tomorrow morning starts with that too ;D

Excellent eating day today :D

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
Smoked trout
2 Mandarins

Lunch:
Iceland Jerk chicken breast slices
Cucumber
Babybel (1/2 HeA)

Snacks:
Mini love heart tubes (2 syns)
Ham