Looking for a pregnancy buddy!

Morning Ladies!!!

Tamkat, I have had a headache all night - woke up with a sore throat, I think its that time of year - lots of bugs etc

Had to cancel my spinning class this morn as feel yucky and the thought of going crazy on a bike for 45 mins was just not doing it for me!

Going to have some nice SW style comfort food today, got food shopping coming later so will update when it comes as cant remember what ive ordered lol,

Have a good day xx

Morning! I've heard of the nub theory but have no actual clue about it? Chinese sounds yum! I ended up in bed with a stomach bug thankfully seems to have gone now, no good being ill with little ones!

Missy hope you feel better today, the thought of any exercise doesn't appeal to me, so we'll done you for still managing classes!

id only heard about nub theory this pregnancy where you look at the nub/protrusion at 12 week scan & flat/parallel = girl & raised /angled up =boy.My scan pic had no visible nub so couldn't really tell.Will you be finding out? x

Ooooh, ive heard about the nub theory - I don't think we are going to find out this time (we did with both girls, so a surprise would be nice!) but I will certainly have a look at the 'nub'!!

Food for today not looking too bad- bacon and egg on wm toast for brunch, plenty of fruit, then steak with cauliflower cheese, veg and chips later :D

Jennjenn - re:exercise, because I have been doing 4 or 5 classes a week for the last 2 years I have become so used to it that when I don't go I feel guilty!! In my bodypump class the instructor is 21 weeks preggars, with her last baby she taught class up to 2 weeks before her due date!!! There is also a girl who has 6 weeks to go until her baby is due and she looks fab, she piled it on with both previous pregnancies, but with this one has been coming every week - I really hope I can do this too as im only going to have 9 months between having the baby and getting married :eek: xx

I'll definitely be finding out, I'm far too impatient. Plus on the very small chance it is a girl I have absolutely nothing! Everything is for boys. Hopefully I can get a good scan picture and we can have little guesses to what I'm having.

Missy I don't think you'll have too much to worry about for your ŵedding, it sounds like your being very sensible with your eating and exercise.

ooh missy didn't realise you could do body pump whilst pregnant really wish id done something like that from the beginning.Had lunch with the girls today & had jacket pot with chilli & salad, not horrendous but got a feeling this week will be lots of over eating.out for lunch with my sister tomorrow too prob be another jacket spud lol x

Morning Ladies!

awake really early this morn, think I ended up having too much rest yesterday, but feeling a bit better today.
Hopefully will manage a good walk this morn, have to go into town so hoping weather stays dry and I can do 4-5 miles.
Got duck in plum sauce with veg and noodles for dinner, will update food later when I have decided. Xx

Morning!

I had a really good sleep last night, went to bed at 930 and slept right through til 530 when Gregor woke up. Not been sleeping great dinghies was much needed!

Hope the weather stays definitely nice for you Missy. It's miserable up here in Scotland as usual. Luckily my school run is only 5 mins away. Had more energy yesterday and got the house all tidied, hoping this is things easing off and I'll start to feel more normal xx

Hey Jennjenn

Yep the weather stayed clear for me, but then I am completely the opposite end of the country to you - im in Brixham, South Devon!! Walked for an hour, then started feeling a bit weak so came home and had a coffee and some mango, have cleared out DD1's bedroom, just got to do the lounge and kitchen and then I plan to lay on the sofa and read my book :D

Food for today so far: 42g Weetabix crunchy bran, sliced banana, milk. 2 coffees with milk and sugar (2 syns) mango. Think im going to have bacon and friend egg sandwich for lunch, plus the duck noodles for dinner, will have to syn the bread (6) for lunch as trying to stick to 1hexb and 1hex a a day on ee - I normally do red days but fancied noodles tonight.

So that's 8 syns so far, plenty for a snack before bed.

Has anyone else gone off chocolate? I normally love it but cant face it at the mo, am really loving cereal though and can have 2 bowls a day easily!!xx

I'm really in to cereal just now and would happily have it for breakfast and lunch. I'm not really following the plan as such but I've not being going crazy. Normally when I'm pregnant I have no appetite at all and struggle to eat so making the most of this hunger while it lasts. Sounds like a nice day planned missy, I'm off out for lunch with my cousin. Debating whether to tell her I'm pregnant or not. She had a stillbirth three months aftermy son died, so I don't want to upset her but think it's better she hears from me rather than someone else.

How are you today Tamkat?

Last edited:
Hi ladies im feeling a bit bleugh! getting bigger by the day & although that's perfectly natural im feeling anxious with 3 months to go with xmas coming up just worried im going to get huge :( Think my husband is getting slightly irritated with me too as he doesn't understand me watching what I eat whilst pregnant & thinks pregnant women should be big & round!!Wondering whether to stick to plan at weekends too or am I being too strict?? x

don't get me wrong I don't mind a big round bump in fact I like big bumps just don't want to get bigger anywhere else esp face & legs :/

Hey Tamkat :)

you are doing great hun, unfortunately men don't really understand how hard it is to lose pregnancy weight, it doesn't just drop off afterwards - it's a long,hard slog. I wish that in my previous pregnancies I had kept on top of my weight gain rather than use it as an excuse to eat what I wanted as it's so tough afterwards when u are shattered and feeling self conscious.
i am trying to stick to plan all week, but have Saturday nights off, however, if I want extra food I am giving myself another hex a and hex b - this is to fulfill my current cereal obsession! You have to do what's right for you, it's not your hubby that has to lose the weight afterwards, and if you are happy with the way you are sticking to plan then keep at it. Xx

Had a good 7.5 hours sleep last night - much needed!! Plan for today is:
coffee an apple and an Alpen light, then going to do body combat - haven't done it for 2 weeks so won't go too crazy lol, lunch is eggy bread with bacon and mushrooms, dinner will be cottage pie with carrots and broccoli.
Going to dig out the Xmas decs whilst kids are at school - we are putting them up on Saturday - Woop!x

Thanks Missy I did explain that its not him that has to waddle on the school runs & push the baby out! I think he was trying to reassure me that its fine if I get huge again but probably didn't come across too well.Last time I had a wedding to go to 2 weeks after birth & my best friends bday a month after where we had to dress up & I just felt horrendous & so self conscious. Really don't see the harm in keeping an eye on things now to make it easier after baby is born but even friends seem to give me funny looks when I choose jacket pot instead of chips at lunch.Maybe im being a bit sensitive & paranoid, I guess I really saw this as the year I would get to target & when new year comes & everyone starts their new weight loss plans im not sure how I will feel when people are losing & im gaining! x

1001883_10200883241256099_1082203579_n (2).jpgDSCF6010 (2).jpgok so the first pic is my friends bday 4 weeks after last baby & 2nd pic is last week with 14 weeks to go so quite a difference,Cant believe how big I got before scary!!

You look fab!!! I totally get where you are coming from hun, I went up to 17st just before I had both of my girls. It took me 2 years after each pregnancy to get back into the 12's. I guess we have to accept some gain as healthy for us and the baby. My SIL has just had her first and now thinks she is the oracle on all things baby related - so im getting lectured on exercising whilst pregnant - haven't told her im doing SW as might send her into shock:eek:
Why should you choose chips over a jacket potato? A jacket has more nutrients, no saturated fat and will stop any energy crashes by keeping your blood sugar level, don't worry about what they think and just know that you are making the best choices for you and baby xx

You look fab Tamkat! Missys right you should do what you think is best for you. As long as your not starving yourself and get obsessed and down about it, there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating healthily.

Apart from my 1st pregnancy and have never been in a normal healthy weight range so looking forward to this time. I've accepted in going to put weight on, the only difference is I know by doing sw I'll get it off again.

morning ladies,feeling much brighter today,daughter has non pupil day so off out to buy xmas decs etc..together & done loads of online shopping for presents early this morn so will be organised this year!! Hidden a couple tins of chocs just hope they stay hidden lol x

Sounds a lovely day Tamkat, I've barely even started the Christmas shopping! Dh is off Tuesday for the scan so hoping to do the majority of it then, I know what I'm after so that's half the battle. Thankfully the boys haven't asked for anything that's likely to be sold out.

weve just finished decorating our living room, so can't wait to put the tree up! Not sure how long it will last with Gregor tho!

Back