Lose baby weight mission

Just like to quickly pop in and say I'm not slacking already, I have been very busy since Thursday went the the caravan and then had a hen party when I came back yesterday and now a hen party again tonight. I am trying to keep to plan as much as possible. I will fully update tomorrow when I can relax lol.

Well done on your weight loss so far ypu appear tp be really focussed on your goal! I too have just rejoined (well from home) after having my little boy 8 weeks ago. I have loved looking at the recipes you have tried, I am often finding it a bit of an effort to sort myself out so the recipes and pics have proven to be some inspiration tonight!

Thank you, it's hard trying to find time with a new baby ain't it. But I find that if I write a meal plan for the week in advance, that helps me so much because I stick it on my fridge and then all I have to do is look at it to see what I'm having instead of trying to decide on the day and then just picking at crap instead. I haven't wrote my diary on here since Wednesday been so busy but I have been sticking to plan as best as I can and have wrote it all down on paper so I know what I have had and can update on here later.

hi so here goes my diary pretty much for the entire week, cant believe how busy i have been.

thursday-green day (was down the caravan all day and night again)

breakfast: the new blackcurrant cheesecake hifi bar (3)

lunch: ploughmans salad-bread and butter (HEXb and 2), lettuce, cucumber, red onion, sweetcorn, peppers, celery, beetroot, pickled onion, coleslaw (5) and saladcream (2.5)

tea: cheese and pickle sandwich (HEXb and a, 1)

snacks: mini donut (3) and icecream (7)

syns:23.5

friday-red day (was down the caravan during the day and then had a hen night meal out in the evening)

breakfast:toast and marmalade (HEXb and 2)

lunch:chicken burger - grilled chicken with bacon, cheese (HEXa), gerkins, lettuce, tomato, bbq sauce (1) and coleslaw (5) in a bap (7.5)

tea:grilled chicken, tomato and onion kebab skewer with rice (HEXb) and greek salad-lettuce, tomato, radish, onion, cucumber and feta cheese (HEXa)

syns:13.5

saturday (a bad day had another hen night and had no control over the food what so ever, as they where supplying the food and unfortunately for me it pizza and junk)

breakfast: none didnt get out of bed till afternoon

lunch: special k bar (HEXb)

tea: 3 slices of pizza, crisp (30?)

syns: not specifically known, possibly around 30

sunday-extra easy (another busy day had my partners parents around for breakfast and then went up my parents for the evening and they wanted indian, so picked the best i could)

breakfast: fry up-eat smart cumberland sausages (1), mushrooms, bacon, beans, toast (HEXb)

lunch: none was full from my late fry up

tea:rice, tandoori chicken (9), mushrrom bhaji (3), bombay potato (3), poppadom (4)

syns:16

monday extra easy

breakfast: none

lunch:griiled bbq chicken salad-chicken, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, tomatoes, croutons (6), onion with nu me soy chilli dressing (1)

tea:beef ramen again, but had pak choi in aswell

syns: 7

exercise:joined up with my local gym and did a body combat class

i wont be suprised if i have a gain this week, sucks! but im goin gym again tonight so hopefully that helps abit

Today Tuesday red day

Breakfast:2 weetabix with milk and blueberries (HEXa and b)

Lunch:cheese and ham with pickle toastie (HEXa and b, 1) and an exotic fruit pack. Pack of quavers (4.5)

Tea:steak and ribs in the season pack (4.5) with asparagus, carrots, peas, green beans and peppercorn sauce (2)

Snack:hartleys sugar free jelly (0.5)

Syns:12.5

Exercise:I did 10 minutes on a crosstrainer, 15 minute fast pace walk on treadmill and 10 minutes on the bike. I also did a half hour cx works class which is all core work, so planks, stomach crunches, squats and so on.

Weigh in day tomorrow I am so nervous, I really hope my busy week hasn't caused to much damage, il be back on plan with full force on Thursday, going to start writing my weeks plan tonight for this coming week as I'm baby free and can concentrate.

image-4276836229.jpg

Last edited:
Well I have just finished writing out my meal plan (whilst watching Geordie shore) and I'm looking forward to it lots of yummy recipes to try

Feeling very nervous about weigh in tonight, I weighed myself a minute ago and it says I have gained 1.5lbs god damn it, going to be very strict this week, I want to lose whatever I put on and more next week

Went weigh in and stayed the same, soooo glad I didn't gain I want a really good loss if I can for next week so going to try and be strict this week follow my weeks plan 100%

No specific plan today as it was weigh in day

Breakfast: beans and egg on 2 pieces of toast (HEXb)

Lunch: none don't have lunch on weigh in day

Tea: treat pasta bake and garlic bread, then ice cream and mr buns cupcake

Snacks:maltesers (iv had a really sweet tooth and been craving chocolate so thought I'd get it out of the way tonight)

Tea tonight moussaka and Greek salad

1 large Aubergine-sliced into 1cm slices
1 large onion-finely chopped
2 garlic cloves-chopped
500g extra lean minced steak
2 tbsp tomato purée
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped parsley
2 eggs-beaten
500g fat free natural yogurt
Ground nutmeg

Place the Aubergine slices onto kitchen paper, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse the Aubergine under the cold running tap and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Meanwhile dry fry the onion, garlic and mince in a large saucepan for about 5 mins until mince has browned. Add the tomato purée, canned tomatoes and parsley and simmer for about 30 mins until tender. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
Beat the eggs and yogurt together in a bowl and season to taste. Place the Aubergine slices on a grill rack and spray with frylight. Place under a preheated hot grill and cook for 4-5 mins each side. Arrange the Aubergine slices on top of the mince mixture and pour the yogurt and egg mixture over and sprinkle over some ground nutmeg.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for about 30 mins until golden brown and bubbling.

image-2351079463.jpg

Todays meal plan is red day

Breakfast:special k with milk and blueberries (HEXa and b)

Lunch:jacket potato (HEXb), tuna, light salad cream (3) and red onion with salad-lettuce, cucumber and celery and ginger, chilli dressing (1)

Tea:moussaka with Greek salad-lettuce, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, spring onion and feta cheese (HEXa)

Snacks:banana, strawberries, maltesers (9.5)

Syns:13.5

I had maltesers left over from last night so I had to eat them today otherwise I would have been wanting them throughout the week, so now they are gone no more chocolate in the house.

I have changed my account over as didnt realise I was logged into one which was years old! (Butt3rb34n)
Congrats on your sts bet it was a relief compared to the reading at home. I ised to torture myself with the scales at home when I went to group they would always leave me expecting the worse! It is definately hard fitting things in around them but once the prep amd planning is in place im the same stick to the idea its when I dont plan 100% when the issues creep in.

Here's to a 100% week :) good luck

Ps I am going to have to try out the moussaka when my oh gets back from work next week... loved eating them on hols last year

hi RB.1991 thanks ye was definitely a relief was so nervous about weigh in i didn't really want to make any more work for myself, i gained enough while i was pregnant. i am starting to get used to doing more things around the little one now, didn't realise how hard it would be to get into some sort of routine, but planning my weeks meals in advance definitely helps, if i didn't do that i would just pick and eat stuff im not supposed to. The moussaka was really nice especially with the greek salad, i wasnt to sure about the yogurt topping but it was actually really good. well i hope your enjoying your slimming world journey as much as i am, even though it can be challenging at times and good luck for this week. :)

Tonight's tea was chicken and vegetable paella

2 chicken breast-sliced
2 medium onions-finely chopped
4 garlic cloves-chopped
300g bottled roasted red peppers-thinly sliced
2 carrots-cut into 1cm pieces
300g paella rice
3 tbsp parsley
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp smoked paprika
A large pinch of saffron threads
1 litre of boiling vegetable stock
100g frozen peas

Spray a large wok or frying pan with frylight and place over a medium heat. Fry the chicken until starting to brown, then add onions and cook for 4 minutes, then add the garlic, red peppers and carrots and fry for a further 4-5 minutes. Stir in the rice, parsley, bay leaf, paprika and saffron. Pour in the stock and add the peas, bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, over a gentle heat for 12-15 minutes.
After the first phase of cooking, cover the pan tightly, turn the heat to very low and cook for another 12-15 minutes, until the rice is tender, the vegetables are cooked through and all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, discard the bay leaf and allow to stand, covered for 10 minutes. Fluff up the rice with a fork and season to taste.

image-131887296.jpg

Today's food plan was a green day

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with milk and blueberries (HEXa and b)

Lunch:cheese and broccoli pasta n sauce made with water and a tsp of flora cuisine (1.5) and half a punnet of strawberries

Tea:chicken and vegetable paella (HEXb)

Snacks:0% activia yogurt, quavers (5.5)

Syns:7

Exercise:I did a 45 minute spin class wow was good but didn't I sweat.

Well I'm going down to the caravan again later on for the night, all the family going down celebrating grandads birthday and he's booked the restaurant on site so easy for me I know what I'm already ordering all on plan, I might just have 1 alcoholic beverage as I still have the little 1 not quite sure what yet though. The only thing is you don't really get any Internet down there so won't be updating till probably tomorrow afternoon.

Ok so here's is yesterday's (Saturday) meal plan and it was a red day

Breakfast:shreddies with milk and blueberries (HEXa and b)

Lunch:scrambled egg with bacon and an apple

Tea:gammon steak with jacket potato (HEXb), egg, peas, tomato and salad

Drink: carona (7)

Syns: 7

Yesterday went really well only had the one drink so was very proud even though my mum was trying to force me to drink lol, I think she was trying to sabotage me.

Back