Step 1 Sole Source Losing 7 Stones - *FIVE* Stones gone!

Because I didn't want to be super skinny by the time I come off. I've done 8 weeks of sole source and lost over 4 stone, even if I lost 2lb a week whilst coming back to food that's another stone and a half, and that's light! 13 stone was always a guesstimate at the weight I wanted to be.

Saying that, lost another 7lbs this week on ss+ lol

That's just ~100 calories difference so might not matter at all.

Consulted a private trainer and I'm going down to 7% body fat, then will hit the gym and try to build muscle and get it around 9-10%.

Thomas23 said:
That's just ~100 calories difference so might not matter at all.

Consulted a private trainer and I'm going down to 7% body fat, then will hit the gym and try to build muscle and get it around 9-10%.

Those numbers sound scary... Lol

Ip my daily run is burning 500-700 calories s day so the ss+ shouldn't effect me to much :)

Well done on your loses :)

WOW... real inspiration. I lost 4st on slimmingworld but can't seem to shift the last 1st 9lbs (ish) with slimmingworld, wanted to try something a bit more intense, I'm starting SS on 23rd of this month. Got my fella's 30th party this weekend so didn't want to start straight away then bugger it up. I didn't think it was possible to be so proud of someone I don't even know lol but you have really put me at ease with your losses. My willpower is pretty great so i'm hoping to lose about 2 stones in maybe 6 weeks then go back to slimming world meals for maintaining my new skinny frame lol. My lightest weight since I can remember is 12st 7lbs, hoping to get down to between 11-12st as i'm 5ft9 so that would give me a pretty healthy BMI! :) Well done again, deffo be catching up with this thread when and as i can :)

My really expensive suits looks terrible on me now. Never thought I'd be this much happy losing such a great suit :D

Well done on your losses, your doing amazing!

Another 4lbs gone. 4 Stones gone in 9 weeks :)

Feeling good really although my loses seem to have slowed down. Maybe it's more or less time to restart the ketosis.

Well done you!!! Don't worry about the slow down - your body needs time to adjust and, the less you weigh, the smaller your losses. It's not uncommon and would seem normal to me. I can't see someone of 12 stone losing 1 stone in 2 weeks, which happens with people with more weight to lose. 4st in 9 weeks is pretty incredible - CD suggests 1st/4 weeks as a rate of loss for someone sticking to ss 100% - you are ahead of the curve and I suspect your body needs time.

Are you out of ketosis? What have you been up to? :)

4 stone - you are shrinking!!!!!! and FAST.....!!! :D Well done!

Well done you!!! Don't worry about the slow down - your body needs time to adjust and, the less you weigh, the smaller your losses. It's not uncommon and would seem normal to me. I can't see someone of 12 stone losing 1 stone in 2 weeks, which happens with people with more weight to lose. 4st in 9 weeks is pretty incredible - CD suggests 1st/4 weeks as a rate of loss for someone sticking to ss 100% - you are ahead of the curve and I suspect your body needs time.

Are you out of ketosis? What have you been up to? :)

I'm in ketosis.

It's a metabolism thing, starting after the second month to third month, the side effects of ketosis (slow metabolism) will start to outweigh the benefits of being on such a VLCD (rather than having a few hundred more calories a day). That's the reason NHS and these diets recommend coming off after 12 weeks, to restore the metabolism to its natural state. It's not 12 weeks for everyone, I'm guessing that I might be getting there soon. Anyway I'll complete the 12 weeks and then I'll restart the ketosis (by going to 820 calories per day for a week and returning to SS again).

Ah! I knew that we had to come off periodically - here in the Netherlands it's every 4 weeks - but wasn't sure of the reason why. Thanks for the explanation.

Ah! I knew that we had to come off periodically - here in the Netherlands it's every 4 weeks - but wasn't sure of the reason why. Thanks for the explanation.

I think if we have a lot to lose, coming off every 4 weeks makes perfect sense.

Did some measurements today.

I have lost only 1 inches off my waist in the past 3 weeks or so. I've lost 1.5 inches off my arms, half an inch from my wrist, 2.5 inches from my thighs, 2.5 inches from my chest and 4 inches from my hips. Seems for the time being my body is happy with the way my waist is and tries to get fat from everywhere else :D

Thomas, you're a massive inspiration. Today is day 1 for me.

I've read through the whole of your diary, and it's great to see that you've made such quick progress. I'm starting a couple of stone heavier than you, but for now I'd be happy with a mid-term goal of losing 7stone.

Be great to see some before and progress photos.

Adam

Thomas, you're a massive inspiration. Today is day 1 for me.

I've read through the whole of your diary, and it's great to see that you've made such quick progress. I'm starting a couple of stone heavier than you, but for now I'd be happy with a mid-term goal of losing 7stone.

Be great to see some before and progress photos.

Adam

Good luck Adam. I'm happy to help motivate you. After all, we're all in this together!

well done thomas! Good luck adam, being a bloke you will get results quicker than the ladies :) Im coming to the end of week 11 and have been on ss+ for a couple of weeks now, still loosing, but didnt want to loose to much, the thought of being under 13 stone scared the crap out of me :)

Thomas, those stats suprise me, i thought you would have lost more inches given the losses. But as you say, less inches mean more fat loss inside! :) I hope that does not mean i havent not lost fat off my organs! :)

my measurements from last week where: 9 inches off the widest bit of my waist, 8.5 inches off my chest and 3 off my neck

well done thomas! Good luck adam, being a bloke you will get results quicker than the ladies :) Im coming to the end of week 11 and have been on ss+ for a couple of weeks now, still loosing, but didnt want to loose to much, the thought of being under 13 stone scared the crap out of me :)

Thomas, those stats suprise me, i thought you would have lost more inches given the losses. But as you say, less inches mean more fat loss inside! :) I hope that does not mean i havent not lost fat off my organs! :)

my measurements from last week where: 9 inches off the widest bit of my waist, 8.5 inches off my chest and 3 off my neck

Those were the difference measurements from only the past few weeks, not from the beginning. I've lost over 10 inches off my waist and hips and 8 inches off my chest. We are both different people now!

Impressive inch loss guys.

Im with you bayboy - I'm not looking to get down to 11-12st, but I'd love to get down to a 34" waist and 13st.

Im surprised how easy it is so far - minimal hunger, and compared to sports supplements the taste of products is great.

thomas, that makes more sense! :) I was a little worried before.

Adam, it is easy, when you get in the zone and make a conscious effort to do it. Just dont cheat, and you will get the results :) I highly recommend, water, and plenty of it and also peppermint tea!

I have gone from not being able to run for 30 seconds, to a sub 24 minute 5k!! In under 12 weeks!!

I have gone from not being able to run for 30 seconds, to a sub 24 minute 5k!! In under 12 weeks!!

Me too. How amazing is that?

Back