Marathon Training

I didn't run all of mine, check the time limit out on the race. Most have 6-7 hours, Bolton hill is 8 hours ;)

One thing...
You don't have to get in the sweeper van, you can hand in your number, but say to them you are running as though you arnt in the race anymore and would like to carry on, they can't make you get in.
But doing this could mean no marshalls will be around, no sign posts, and you won't get an official time or show up in results as finished.

When is your first?

One thing...
You don't have to get in the sweeper van, you can hand in your number, but say to them you are running as though you arnt in the race anymore and would like to carry on, they can't make you get in.
But doing this could mean no marshalls will be around, no sign posts, and you won't get an official time or show up in results as finished.

When is your first?

My first will be the Yorkshire Marathon in York in October 2014. I suspect i will be run/walking it. The cut off is 7hours but i'd like to be well within the time limit. Hopefully it will be the first of many.

Lancaster was the same, 7 hour cut off time.
good organisers though that welcome slower runners and wouldn't make anyone get into a sweeper van!

another 23 miles done today, last long run before marathon will be Christmas eve. might make it 16 miles.

York is the week before Chester! you've got a better time limit though, Chester is strict 6 hours

6 days until marathon! Soooooo exited

Hey Gina you've been busy lol, congratulations on your first marathon, what time did you make?

where have you beeeeeen?! :O not seen you around here for ages

got a time of 5:53 :D really happy with it.
aiming for 5hrs for the chester marathon, got a long way to go until that :)

where have you beeeeeen?! :O not seen you around here for ages

got a time of 5:53 :D really happy with it.
aiming for 5hrs for the chester marathon, got a long way to go until that :)

Well done, you will soon have a whole collection of marathon medals lol
I definitely want to run one at some point, it's a great achievement
I see you are doing them fairly close together, but I guess you were very fit before you started marathon training from all the exercise classes

I'm a bit worried about them so close, also got a few unconfirmed stuff too like walks and more runs.

Trying to get used to doing 21 miles without it being that bad, once that's tackled I'll be better!
If I'm honest the classes are easy compared to running, I can do 10 classes back to back but a 16 mile run is worse. Much worse

know its not a marathon distance, but im so happy at the results of my park run today!
:D got a PB, down from 38:57 to 33:51! YAY!

Lol Gina we must have logged in at the exact same time (great minds think alike :D)

Do you keep track of your mileage?

its mile 16 for me. 19 is when I shut down and run on craziness. I don't think, just keep going. swear in my head a lot too.

log everything, so far done 162.33 miles this month

Dead last isn't bad!
First 2 park runs I came dead last, even had loads of kids (11+) beat me!
Go along, you'll enjoy it

On my very first 5k back in 2006 (when i was still running)i had a guy running holding his toddler daughter's hand and pushing his baby in one of those special running buggies beat me! I'm still not sure how that happened. Not to mention the guy using 2 crutches who overtook me at the 2008 GNR! You have to laugh otherwise you'd go mad!

I had a 65 year old beat me in the preston 10k :p

wasn't bothered about it, more thinking "well done you! I want to be running at 65"

marathon is very soon, leaving for the train after work tomorrow.
bag is packed, got pro plus and rockstar aswell as my "secret" formula drink. high caffeine all the way

Back