March check-in

I'm trying to get into it. It works really well in a smoothie but I can't quite stomach it on cereal yet.

What's the difference points wise and taste wise with almond milk and normal milk?

i count milk in tea and coffe as 0.5 per cup. Currently trying to get used to tea with no sugar and finding it hard. I cut out sugar in coffee years ago and now the thought of sugar in coffee is "urgh," so hoping i get there with tea.

By the way, I bulked out my dinner tonight. Had

75g pasta - 3.5
125ml bistro cheese sauce - 2.5
2 quorn fillets - 1.5
mushrooms and peppers - 0.0

so 7.5 all in. A bit of a faff chopping the mushrooms and peppers, but I mustn't be so lazy and you can chop loads ready for future meals. Gone are the days when I would just chuck a pizza in the oven (well I will still have one but as a treat - might look into making my own version of a pizza and see if that does the trick cravings wise).

Yum sounds delicious Pollyanna, I need to learn to make some low point meals but as I'm just getting back into the swing of things ready meals it is ha! I'm a useless cook.

Almond milk is veery low points think it's he same as skimmed milk but much creamier which I love. I use sweeteners in my teas. X

Sometimes I find it hard to make meals, as I will eat low point meals, but my kids like other stuff, haha.

they were at their dads tonight, so I could eat what I wanted.

my mum minds them and I know she is making spag Bol tomo, nowt wrong with that, but too many points the way the girls like it ( ie dolmio jar), so I'll prob have what I had tonight again, I've chopped the veg so might as well.

im being naughty tonight. Forewent my ww choc mousse and drinking wine instead, oops!

I'm feeling good today and so motivated. I have a question, when putting fruits in the microwave to defrost do you have to add points? I defrost my raspberries in the morning (about a handful) and currently point them as 0.5 but I remember on slimming world you had to add points for defrosting/cooking/blending fruits as it releases extra sugars. X

No I don't think so Mrsprids. Enjoy!!!!

No, I don't think you have count them as extra. If you are eating the raspberry regardless of how it is cooked (or not cooked), then it's the same points right? It's got the sugar in anyhows. It's only if you add other stuff (like custard and cream, yum) that you have start adding more points.

I'm doing okay this morning, but craving food a little bit. I have had 2 coffees (1p), olives (1p) and grapes (0.5p). Random breakfast, but there you go!

I've eaten loads already lol, my usual breakfast plus a fruit pot from m&s and an Alpen bar! Think I'm going to have some crackers for lunch with cottage cheese and some snack a jacks for afters x

It's strange that we have some hungrier days more than others. I think you are having a hungry day!

It's my weigh-in tonight at 6.30 so I'm trying to moderate what I have. I must admit I'd rather do a morning weigh in but its just not possible at the moment.

Ah good luck danders, let us know how you get on.

I'm hungry all the time ha, having a toddler doesn't help because I always want to pick at his food lol.

I haven't got that many points left so think it's another soup or something, I must buy some salads next time I'm shopping.

Quite a few points have gone on fruit today so not all bad I guess hehe x

I'm not expecting a good loss tbh. It's TOM and I thought I'd be able to not eat until after weigh-in but I've just had some Weetabix because I was hungry.

Leftovers are the devil! And probably the cause of at least 60% of my weight gain! I hate putting stuff in the bin.

My mum came over this evenig and brought over my son a sausage and chips from the chippy ? I might of had a few chips ?? x will have an extra good day tomorrow to even things out x

Kids' leftovers are the worst! I hate wasting food! My friend who lost bout 5 stone said the she resisted eating leftovers by reminding herself that she'd rather it go in the bin than on her body. Either way it's wasted food, good point me thinks.

ive eaten all my planned food for today, not hungry at the moment. If it doesn't last, I have a couple of points for a snack.

That's a really good point about wasted food. I'll try to remember that.

So I'm 2lbs down. Not the best 'first week' result I've ever had but so be it. At least it's off and not on - which it would easily have been had I not restarted last week.

On a separate note, ww rocky road bars are delicious. 1.5 vp. Probably their best bar ever.

That's fab danders well done on the loss :) ooh I've not tried those! I love a curly wirly but they are 2.5 I think x

Thank you. Like I said its TOTM so that loss is probably not too bad.

Woop woop! I have checked my card and I'm 2.5 down!!!! Bonus!

Still got 3 points left, so that'll do a nice packet of popcorn and options with squirty cream whilst I'm watching Better Call Saul

Back