Total Solution Metallichick has done it before she can do it again!!

Day 13

Hi my lovelies

Haven't been around for a couple of days as i'm in a bad fibro flare at the moment & having a lot of pain :cry:

I have managed to stick to TS apart from Friday when i needed an extra bar could have been very easy to get a chicken kebab ordered in but no, i was strong & just stuck with that extra bar...

I attempted the tomato soup again yesterday this time used a lot more water (400ml) the added water certainly made a difference, i wouldn't say it was nice but it didn't taste of vomit this time...lol

Despite being in pain i still ventured down to see my gorgeous grandson who is 3 on Tuesday, he was so full as beans usual which at least put a smile on face :)

JAKOBY ENJOYING A CUP OF TEA :D
2qmq0s8.jpg

2nd weigh in tomorrow would love to hit that first 14lbs but maybe taking off 5lbs this week is a bit optimistic? Will just have to wait until the morning...

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend?

:thankyou: For reading x

What a cutie. Bet he's the apple of your eye. Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I really feel for you. I've had a bad back a couple of times but only for a few days at a time and last year I did something to the ligaments in my knee and was in pain for several weeks. It was so draining. Chronic pain must be something else. Hope the flare up disappears soon. You never know - you might do 5lbs. Lots of people see good second week losses. Be kind to yourself. :bighug:

Week 2 WI

Thank you Cate x

:bliss: WooHoo i done it 5lbs off...YAyyy I've made my first stone off :)

Keeping this very short has i've now come down with a damn cold :( Bunged up, sore throat & going back to bed. Hopefully i can catch up on others diaries when i'm feeling well enough, haven't read any for a few days & that's not like me...xxx

First stone gone that's fantastic. Good luck this week. Hope you feel better soon :D.

Brilliant! Really well done. :) Hope you start feeling better soon. Poor you - you really are having a hard time health wise at the moment.

So happy for you hitting your first stone Metallichick - especially given how poorly you've been feeling on and off. It's brilliant. Hope the cold isn't one of those that hangs around for ages - I don't suppose we can have those super boost zinc & vit C fizzing things can we - I always use them when I am afflicted but I bet they have citric acid in. Still, paracetamol and a duvet are definitely allowed on the plan so snuggle up and look after yourself xxx

Day 15

1 stone in 2 weeks?! That's incredible, well done

Thank you chick x

Brilliant! Really well done. Hope you start feeling better soon. Poor you - you really are having a hard time health wise at the moment.

Thank you Cate, feel a little better at the moment, dosed myself up yesterday & was in bed by 7pm x

So happy for you hitting your first stone Metallichick
I don't suppose we can have those super boost zinc & vit C fizzing things can we

Thank you Chick, i'm over the moon hitting that first stone :)
I'm suppose to have 1000mg Vit C daily because of my very low immune system, i was prescribed Ascorbic Acid from the GP but they burnt my tongue so i've been buying my own Fizzy ones myself. I stopped taking them when i started Exante, so i'm now wondering if that why i've caught this nasty cold. Started to take them again yesterday, hopefully it doesn't take me out of ketosis? But if it does so be it, i need to put my health first...

Hello MC and fellow Game of Thrones fan! High five for GoT!

Just dropping by to say hello, a huge well done on weight loss so far and to subscribe! I have no idea re pills and ketosis, but you're right - your health comes first. I'd be surprised if they have a huge impact, and irrespective of ketosis, a low calorie diet will burn calories.

Hope you feel better soon!

Day 16

Firstly thank you coffemate x I had never seen GoT until last week & have now finished ALL 4 seasons...lol Can't wait for it to come back on :D

Yesterday it was my grandsons 3rd Birthday as his mummy is due to have his baby sister any day now they decided against a birthday party. But so Jakoby felt he was having a little party my son invited the 2 nannies, grandad & auntie around...

219z9ug.jpg

My son laid on a little spread & so not to leave me out he specially made me a chicken salad, to minimize any possible damage...Aww bless :) Mind you i did have a sliver of birthday cake which my daughter had made :p

The first thing i done was pee on my ketostix this morning & yay i'm still in ketosis..And back to TS today!

Started the day of with a red berry bar, i find them rather nice (i know many don't seem to like them?) and i'm just have a vanilla now with coffee added to make a latte...Yummy! Don't know what i'll have later, see what takes my fancy this evening?!

This damn cold is still getting me down but it'll probably stay with me sometime now because having a low immune system any virus i pick up usually hangs around for weeks :eek:

Hope everyone is having a good day....

:thankyou: For reading xx

I know, it's so good right?! I really can't wait until next year for the next season!!

Your grandson's so sweet - loving the spiderman look he's rocking! Looks like you had fun!

I've not tried the whole vanilla shake in coffee thing. I am sick to death of black coffee so might give it a go. It's tea I really miss. I'm not 100% as I have a cup of tea with a dash of milk every morning, but I really don't know how I'd face the day, let alone the diet without it.

Ah he is a cutie pie, I'm glad he had a lovely birthday. It was sweet of your son to sort you a chicken salad, really thoughtful. Sounds like a lovely time was had by all - am impressed you didn't go mad for cake after having had a sliver - I would have been desperate for more after having had a taste! hope the cold doesn't stick around too long it must be difficult avoiding catching stuff especially with a 3 year old about - I remember feeling like I was poorly all the time after dd1 started nursery when she was six months!

Day 17

I've not tried the whole vanilla shake in coffee thing. I am sick to death of black coffee so might give it a go

Did you try the coffee & vanilla shake? I make mine with round 350ml so that is not to thick :)

am impressed you didn't go mad for cake after having had a sliver - I would have been desperate for more after having had a taste!

I surprised myself...lol I love cake! :)

Really fed up today, had to pick my glasses up from spec savers today had this stupid idea to park my car at the other end of town & take a walk instead of parking close in the disabled parking....Huge mistake! By the time i had got to the opticians i was in so much pain and i still had the walk back
:( And to make matter worse the opticians had put the wrong colour tint, so i have to go back tomorrow now!

Been feeling so hungry today & i don't know why? I'm in ketosis & drinking plenty of fluids so i shouldn't be having these hunger pangs??

This damn cold doesn't show any signs of shifting, i feel like crap. My daughter in law is due to go into labour any day now & i'm her ride to the hospital so feeling this naff is not good....

Oh dear this entry is full of doom & gloom, i'm off to bed my lovelies....xxx

Good for you for trying to do some exercise though. I'm sorry it back fired on you but hopefully you'll see a loss as a result. Hope you have a good night's kip, I'm about to go myself. Maybe park close to the opticians tomorrow eh? Hope tomorrow is better for you. Sleep tight chick x

Day 20

Walking to the opticians on Thursday really took its toll on my body, damn Fibro & ME... It really gets me down at times *Grrrr*

This was the first year since 2006 i missed out on the Download Festival at Donington back in June because of my health & this weekend i'd usually be at the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth. so gutted that Metallica are only a 40 minute drive from me tonight & i'll be missing them :eek: No music festivals this year for me :mad:

Anyway TS has gone well this week, hadn't lost anything when i weighed myself on Thursday which was really disappointing so i've not got on the scales anymore & will just wait until my official weigh in tomorrow. Hope it shows a loss tomorrow as its the start of food week, which to be honest i quite worried about!!! What if eating makes me want more? What if i struggle to get back to TS after? Didn't have these food weeks when i done Lighter Life so i'm finding it a bit scary!!! I'm tempted to completely by pass the food week & just continue with TS, hubby says i should do it as the plan states but will support me no matter what i choose. I've printed of the food lists that i can have so i'll have to think about it?!

Daughter in Laws due date today but as yet no signs of the little lady wanting to make an appearance, planning on an early night just in case i get that call through the night to take her to the hospital & hubby will need to look after our grandson...All very exciting :D

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Hi chick I hope you are feeling a bit better now physically after your epic walk to the opticians last week! Sorry you missed download and sonisphere - does your illness go through better and worse stages? Might you be up to going next year? Good luck on the scales tomorrow - I've been on and off this week and it's been slow going.
Regarding food week - you are supposed to do it because they won't get licensed to sell the diet if they don't tell you to do that as it is a NICE guideline for TFR diets but there is no proven science, facts or figures behind it. Only do it if you want to, some people do find it restarts weight loss for them, I never did a food week or milk week last time round, I was 100% with no cheats TS for 9 months. Do what suits you and what you feel your body needs. It may be crying out for food, I think you know if it is - I knew at the end of 9 months I HAD to eat, but that may be now for you. Good luck whatever you decide.

Oh yes, and v exciting re baby :) hope it shows up soon and she has a lovely straight forward birth x

ps don't forget to measure - some weeks you lose inches not pounds :)

Day 21

Hi chick I hope you are feeling a bit better now physically after your epic walk to the opticians last week! Sorry you missed download and sonisphere - does your illness go through better and worse stages? Might you be up to going next year?

unfortunately although i don't have many 'good' days it does go through stages of better & worse stages, i've been in a worse stage since Christmas. Surely i'm due for a break soon?!...:confused:

Had a 4.5lb loss this week which i'm delighted with i honest didn't think i'd have a good one..
Have decided i will do food week, my thinking a few extra calories might help shift this damn cold. I've just had a 2 egg omelet with mushroom & asparagus spears, real food has never tasted so good....Lol Still have another pack to have but at the moment i'm full.

Daughter in law had a sweep today with the midwife & she is 2cm dilated, so i won't be surprised if i get that call early hours of the morning. Hope so because i've left my mobile phone around my son's & i feel lost without it....Lol Had our grandson for a few hours whilst his mummy went to see the midwife, he was play guitar hero with grandad head banging to Metallica... Oh that little lad is just the cutest, as each song finished he threw the devils horns up & shouted 'You Rock!'
:D

Hope everyone is having a good day

4.5 is an ace result you bl00dy well worked hard for that too, so I am really pleased you were repaid for your efforts! I think it is sensible for you to to be doing food this week, if you manage to stay carb free you'll probably have as good a result next week as if you'd stayed TS. So excited for you about the imminent arrival! 2cm already, won't be long! :) x

Day 23

First of all my beautiful grandaughter was born 07.07.14 at 10:34pm weighing a healthy 8lbs... :princess:

:) Saraya Veronica Rose Powell & a very proud Nanny :)
2e1eqv5.jpg
1779u0.jpg

My husband & myself stayed over at my son's flat as we felt with all the excitement Jakoby would settle in his own bed, i couldn't sleep on top of my sons bed because it was SO uncomfortable. So i ended up on the couch as it was the best of two evils :( Didn't manage to get to sleep until around 4:40am then my son rang me at 7am to check Jakoby was ok, oh my i was so tired.... I Picked Sonja, Marcus & Saraya up from the hospital at midday & spent most of the afternoon with nanny cuddles. By the time hubby & me went home it was 5pm and i hadn't eaten a single think since early evening the day before....So sod it i ordered in an Indian & had popadoms :p

Straight back on plan today & i'm shocked that i'm already back in ketosis :eek:

As i spent the afternoon with the grandchildren & went to the cinema afterwards (go back a hour ago) i've only had 2 packs today. So i've just made myself some dry fried thinly sliced chicken breast & some asparagus spears (i love asparagus i could eat that all day!!!) Feeling very full, so don't know whether i'll end up getting another pack in today....See how i feel later?!

Anyway my lovelies better phone mum, she's left me a message on the answer machine...

:thankyou: For reading xxx

Back