Minerva's corner...

Day 2 - still on track. :)

Plan is to skip breakfast (as I'm never hungry in the morning anyway), then substitute my lunches for a S&S pack and having a small meal in the evening. Not sure I can face S&S packs for the evening meal as well, because they ARE rather rank, so I just do something varied at 400 calories or below. So it works out. Seems doable!

Day 3 went well. :)
Days 3&4 are usually the toughest, but, today was easy. Then again I'm studying for exams, so I've no time to get bored and get the munchies! :) So in a way it's good... by the time exams are done I'll be well on my way and less likely to break the diet.
Onwards to day 4 ^.^

Day 4... Went .. I dunno? Had an exam in the evening and I guess that threw my day off, plus my car somehow got a flat battery which annoyed the crap out of me, so had to take trains and it's so damn cold outside!

I had a 2-egg omelette with a little bit of shredded ham for lunch and nothing for the rest of the day because I came home at 9:30pm and it didn't seem right to eat then.. so I had a cup of tea and just gonna go to bed. -.-

Day 5, all good, had a bit of extra chicken, but should be ok, makes up for yesterday's low day a little bit calorie wise :) Two more days until WI, first week is always the most exciting really :D

Every fibre of my being is telling me it's not worth trying that I'll never get the weight off D: ... Must push through this feeling... argh.. >.<

Last edited:
Day 6... nearly done. I was so going to give in because I feel so low, but I stuck with the diet. Don't know how, but I managed. *sigh* Hopefully tomorrow will be better emotion-wise. Food is not the answer. It will just make me feel worse. :(

L: Pack of shredded ham (200)
D: Rice + Tuna (400)
Milk (50)

Been following your diary. I'm not sns but exante which is similar. Evenings are hardest but if you can say no and just distract yourself you always feel good for it later on - I usually do things that would stop me eating like paint nails/take a bath/give a pedicure/brush teeth - might not work for everyone but I find so often I eat out of boredom not hunger. Hopefully day 7 is good for you aswell as weekends are hardest - not sure if you are weighing weekly but if you are today good luck!

WI is on Mondays :) Thank you for your support cf70! I'm not really on a VLCD at the moment - after doing Lighter Life for a year and a half and then various SnS attempts for a few months at a time, I can't really stick it out on packs anymore, I calorie count as I know that works for me too. :) Still, any diet is tough regardless, because things always get in the way, especially boredom or being stressed or whatever else... We're somewhat conditioned to dealing with emotions and social interactions with food and breaking those habits is always hard... I watched a movie last night to distract myself (Theory of Everything) and it was ok. :D

Oh well, take it one day at a time and we'll get there!

WI - 4lbs loss this week :) Would have been more, but I had waaayyy too much food yesterday :p Oh well. My OH is starting his own diet today, so there will be no more distractions for quite a while! So the plan is to keep going for about 15 weeks - which will bring me to May which is around my birthday. Hopefully I'll be close to target by then! I was 100% for 6 of the days last week, so I know I can do it. Just need to find the willpower on a daily basis...

Thank you littlemiss! My OH is doing... I'm not sure what he's doing really, he's just counting calories I think and giving up beer. Small breakfast, a S&S bar for lunch and then a healthy stir-fry or two Mug-Shots for dinner. So it's not the best, but hopefully he'll stick it out this time! He wants to slim down for two weddings we're attending in August, maybe that will be some motivation! :p

Day 9 - on track! Still have dinner to go, but I've only had milk in my coffee so far, I'll still make a healthy choice regardless. :)

Yesterday was good too, though I was so tempted by some cookies I had left over from Sunday, they were in my bag looking at me... And whispering "one more day won't hurt, it won't affect anything as it's the beginning of Week 2..." ... Well. Then I thought to myself, how much of a failure I'd feel tomorrow (today) for about a minute of cookie munching... and I also remembered they weren't all that nice to begin with. I threw them in the bin. I'm proud of myself that I did that. I CAN do it if I think about it. I CAN get this weight off, I just need to remember this moment and encourage myself to make the right choice when this problem comes up again. I know how much more confident I'll be when I'm slimmer, right now, even though I'm not *fat* as such, I'm still overweight and it does get me down and prevents me from doing things. It shouldn't, but some confidence does come from feeling better about myself. I just wish I could change my face too, but unfortunately you can't change ugly -.- ... oh well. I'll change the thing I can do something about. Ha.

Last edited:
Well done for binning those cookies. I really wish I could do that, I've wanted to bin bad food so many times (esp when it's something that isn't even that nice) but I can just never bring myself to do it xx

Not sure what to say really, apart from that I'm still sticking to the diet. *shrug* Finished my exams, stress is gone (for now) and I have a week to myself. Gonna try to keep busy! :)

So end of week 2 today! The week was generally good! Yesterday I went to see a band called Vex Red, it was fun! I did have 3 ciders because I felt awkward/anxious going on my own... but, that's pretty much the extent of off-plan stuff I had for the week, so it's all good! Calories were still about 1400 for the day with the cider and that's slightly below maintenance, so I'm not too worried. :D

WI tomorrow!

How was weigh in? You deserve a decent loss by the sounds of it. Don't blame you for the ciders, I'd have been the same. Well done though for still staying within maintenance calories xx

Another week done! Lost 4lbs this week, most of that was still water weight from the week before (as I had a lot of food the day before WI last week :oops:), but I'm still happy as I stuck to the diet (bar the ciders :p ) which is the longest I've been able to do 100% for quite some time! I'm almost at the weight I finished at last June, so got to keep going! :D

Last edited:
Monday and today have been rather uneventful and very low calorie wise. I'm just starting to realise how torturous the next few weeks are going to be. 13 more weeks of this... Argghhhh... I don't know if I can last that long. It seems like such a long time. Such a big mountain to climb. I need to stop thinking of it in such a big chunk maybe... break it down somehow. Take it week by week. :(

I have to remind myself of the positives though. I don't have much to lose. I have started each year for the last 4 years lighter than the year before - even if my diets had only lasted a few months at a time, I maintained and kept most of the weight off I'd lost... I started this year much earlier than last year where I faffed around until April. I am not obese anymore. I never regained back to my original 18st 7. This the last push to 'normal' BMI. Even if I don't quite keep it all off, next year I will have a lot less to lose. It'll be like a yearly maintenance if anything. Diet a few months and do the best I can for the rest of the year. Fine tuning... Because I don't expect myself to ever be able to maintain a steady weight, binge eating disorder is a real thing, but I know I can keep on top of it like I have done over the last few years. I can do it. Work in progress...

Back